Welsh National Eisteddfod Llanrwst, Conwy 2019 - SSiW meet-up poll

She very cleverly brought this up after we were away from the shelves and I couldn’t sort the shelves first

Hi All. Anyone know the ticket price for evening only. Today Thursday. Ive managed to scam an excuse to be on the N coast with work. Im tempted to pop in but depends on the cost :grimacing:

It’s £10 after 4pm.

Can’t believe no-one has mentioned Isata’s guest appearance on Heno yesterday, doing something unexpected in Welsh…

3 Likes

I’m guessing the site is really muddy? The English feed on twitter says that they are assessing the situation and will make decisions in the morning - but they don’t say anything else.

Wow, Heno, that’s mega. Was it something that promoted the Welsh language or showed others how to learn through SSiW?

1 Like

I scoured Tuesday’s episode (no episode on Wednesday) and finally found @Isata showing off her skills … blink and you’ll miss it but always great to see a familiar face on the box.

1 Like

I’d been looking forward to the full festival experience, knee deep in mud, and had been a bit disappointed so far. But it looks like my final day may live up to my expectations!

2 Likes

Do I detect a note of jealousy, Peter? It’s so unbecoming. If you practise really really hard, perhaps one day you’ll be invited to perform on camera at the Eisteddfod, too. :joy:

4 Likes

lovely to meet you yesterday Bronwen. Hope you have a great last day today!

I was told to take wellies, but definitely didn’t need them at the weekend!

They’re expecting terrible weather today. I don’t think the Maes is too bad at the moment but if the weather turns up it’ll be a different story!

I’ve just heard that Maes B has been cancelled for tonight and tomorrow. Sad news but you can’t change the weather.

Diolch o waelod calon to all the SSiWers i got to cwtsh over the last week - it was wonderful to see you again and meet you for the first time. Such a shame it was all so fleeting, we should have probably crawled to one of the nearby bars and made a ‘sesh’ of it… next time… :wink:

We are now home and dry, kids have unpacked, the washing is on, Ceiri the dog has been collected from kennels, and I’m oh so glad I did that last push to clean and tidy the house before departing for the Eisteddfod.

We had a fabulous week sharing a cottage with my brother, his partner and the girls, visiting the Maes as and when we felt like it and spending our evenings trying to persuade the children that it was the adults’ turn to use the hot tub.

Apologies to those of you I missed and to those of you whom I only saw fleetingly - I’m guessing when my children are a little older and more independent, that my meet ups with learners at the Eisteddfod will be full of gin, tapas and much frivolity.

Looking forward to reading further reports of your Eisteddfod adventures and seeing some photos. Good luck with the coming weather!

7 Likes

Just woken up on my last day in Betws and at the end of my first ever Eisteddfod stay. Looking out at the pouring rain but only remembering the sunshine. Every encounter with SSiW’ers has been an experience to remember with particular thanks to some very special people. The photo Catrin took of us all is a treasure particularly knowing that without SSiW I wouldn’t have been here and we wouldn’t have known each other. Learning Welsh without worrying too much about grammar and mutations has been a revelation. Diolch o’r calon (oh, perhaps that should be galon(?!) - now, where did I put my Intermediate Welsh book?).

9 Likes

Ditto. And you are one of them, Peter. Despite having fallen into the habit of making fun of you (for which I apologise, but of course blame you :wink:), I’m very grateful to SSiW for having found me such a kind and funny practise partner and friend (yet again!). Thank you to everyone who made the week special, old friends and new - I can’t wait till next year in Tregaron!

8 Likes

Pooh! I’ve just seen this. I was after one of the metal drinking bottles. I was told they were ‘huge’ and only £8. I’ll check on their website maybe.

Thanks anyway, very kind of you.

1 Like

I got a free “Dwr Cymru” one at Y Fenni. Are they charging for them now?
The are cool to the touch and seem to keep the water cool. I need a physicist to explain that to me. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, we picked up two of those but they’re only small. I’ve seen a picture of one of the Yes Cymru ones and they look more like a litre … trick of perspective maybe.

1 Like

Were they “close or far away” ? :laughing:

2 Likes