What's the status of further Welsh lessons?

Now, let’s see… Carmel … that’s just north of Cardiff, right?

Not even close, hombre:

2 Likes

I had a similar issue. The lessons were showing but every time I tried to open a lesson nothing happened. Switched the iphone off and on again and everything worked.

1 Like

If something like this happens - where you need to restart the phone to the app to work - give a shout, or PM me. It’s supposed to just work :wink:

A couple quick things about the iOS app and new lessons:

First, when new lessons come out, there may be a brief delay before they are available to the iOS app.

Second, the app checks for new content when it is fired up, but if it’s already running, you’ll need to manually refresh the course catalog to see the new content when it becomes available. As @marly39 indicated, you do this by tapping and holding on the top banner on either the Learn or Choose tab, then tap “Refresh” when the menu pops up. If you do Refresh, and nothing happens, please be patient, and try again later!

2 Likes

Many thanks to you, and also to Lewie. I switched iPad on and off and now all the content is there. That often fixes things, I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before!
I much prefer using the app so thanks again for your suggestion,
Marly

1 Like

Hi, as you might have seen from my reply to richmountart, I now have the new content on the app , but had to close the iPad right down to get it. This isn’t a problem and I should have thought of it myself, but I thought you might want to know how the app is working. Great app, well done, I’m enjoying using it, and the content.
I’m aware that I’m not quoting anyone to reference a point, haven’t worked out how to do it yet!

1 Like

Did you try refreshing one more time before powering off? If not, it was just the coincidence that the Level 3 content had become available for the app after you last refreshed. If you did refresh - after my post saying that it was available - then let me know.

To quote, select the text that you want to quote, and you’ll see a little menu saying “quote reply” - just tap that.

If you are on iOS, press and hold the text you want to quote. This will bring up the selection “handles” - move those to adjust the size of the selection, Also, it seems like you may not see the “quote reply” pop up until you adjust the handles.

1 Like

Yes, I did refresh immediately before powering off.

1 Like

Thanks, it worked a treat.

1 Like

OK - one more pesky thing to ask… :wink: what version of the app are you running? You can find this info by going to the Settings app, and scrolling way to the bottom till you find an entry for SaySomethinginWelsh. If you don’t find an entry, that also tells me something (i.e. it’s an older version). One thing I was reminded of is that if you have an iPhone 4, for example, it doesn’t support the latest versions of the app (sorry!). And the latest version of the app that does work on the iPhone 4 seems to require that extra kick in the pants (powering off) to refresh the lesson catalog.

2 Likes

Version 2.13 (47)
And using iPad Air 10.0.2 (14A456).

1 Like

Thanks - ok, so mystery not solved :wink: As far as I know, that version handles updates just fine, so I don’t know what was going wrong… But in the end, your strategy worked, so that’ll do for now!

1 Like

I have a Galaxy 7 with SSiW version 1.0.16. It doesn’t show level 3 either. I’ve rebooted the phone and it hasn’t made a difference.

That’d be ap Android…

Try the Refresh button available on the action bar at the top.

If level 3 doesn’t show then the most likely reason is one of these

• Not signed in with an account that has access to paid content
  • The region is set to South (as of 29/5/2017 there are no south level 3 lessons available). You can change your region using the Settings menu
1 Like

Yes, I’m quite happy with that. Thanks for your attention and quick responses.

1 Like

Oh! I’m sorry! I thought that the lessons for South were available as well.

Iestyn is grappling with the SSiBorg more or less as we speak, and trying to force it to behave for him - so we should have stuff coming before too long for the southern version - although this next week is half-term, which sees Iestyn disappear beneath a tsunami of children…:wink:

2 Likes

I appreciate everything you do to make these available for us! Thank you. Right now I’m on lesson 14 in the second level so I have plenty work still to do.

1 Like