Word for about in welsh

Hi
I think I was taught ‘tua’ in school for ‘about’ but in the course ’ about a month’ sounds like ‘am bit i mish’. Could someone please explain what I’m hearing?

Many thanks

Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew, yes both are correct.
In this context, Tua seems to be used more in the North, while it’s Biti in the South.

If you want to check the words you can click on “Vocabulary” in each challenge, but you will learn more quickly if you wait until you have completed each one.

1 Like

That is very helpful. Thank you. I’m using the app on my phone so haven’t come across the vocabulary option. I will have a look.

1 Like

On the iPhone App it’s a little red speech bubble which you can press on the screen for each challenge - I’m not sure if it’s the same on Android.

Rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on android so no speech bubble. Not a problem though, I’ll just check on the forum.

Thanks again

Andrew

On Android phone, you can check the vocabulary from the browser like on a computer.

Or download it all together from here:
(Vocabulary from Challenges) - it’s one pdf file for each level, plus one with all the examples (sentences).

p.s. as @JohnYoung pointed out, it’s better if you read only those related to the challenges you’ve already completed, though.

1 Like

I will follow your advice and just refer to them after I’ve listened to the challenges. Thanks for the links!