Writing a booklet about the SSi Method - looking for your experiences

Great approach - and actually a startling rate of acquisition… :thumbsup:

Hi Aran,

I would like to share my experience with you. I have been learning since mid April this year, and even though I’m slow because I just finished lesson 20, I think I accomplished a lot because I only play the challenges in my car when I’m driving to work in the morning. Because I’m driving I cannot pause or do anything else I just got in a zone with Welsh. I found out that when I don’t force myself to think and just let the words flow things become more natural. I do rest during the weekends and don’t touch any other material only in youtube videos of Hwb, which I found very interesting with different sounds and accents. I even saw your interview with them.

I can also say that compared to other languages I learned in the past the fast pace of Say something in Welsh develops faster the intuitive part of speaking and understanding a language living it. I’m a complete believer on this method and would like to thank you for such an incredible gift to the everyone who’s willing to accept it.

One important thing for me is the music, learning French was not easy because of the method, a bunch of grammar and few conversations but the music open a new universe of words. When I immigrated to Canada many years ago I found myself with a very different accent in Quebec and I couldn’t even understand the first days but then the experience of living the everyday change everything. One day I found out like magic that the conversation in the Subway or people asking for things in the street were clear for me. There is a breaking point when you are learning a language and after that there’s not coming back. I think with this method you reduced the time to reach out that point.

Diolch!

3 Likes

That’s so interesting and helpful, Diego - diolch yn fawr iawn! :star: :star2:

@pollypolly - could you tell me a bit more about the timing of your journey? A kind of overview, and where you’ve got to now, and how you feel about it? :slight_smile: :star2:

@cat-1 - would you mind telling me (either here or via PM) a little about your background? I’d like to use this bit in the booklet, so I’d like to introduce you, rather than just quote you as ‘random person off the internet’…:wink:

Could you tell me a little more about your journey with this? Doesn’t have to be every step - but a few ‘overview’ paragraphs would be brilliant… :star2:

Sonia - could you (here/PM) send me a little potted bio of you? I’d like to include this bit where I talk about being allowed to follow different routes… :slight_smile:

I’d love to include this bit in the booklet, Alex - could you send me a potted bio of you?! :slight_smile:

I’d love to use this - can you tell me briefly where you live, what you do, that kind of stuff? Here or PM… :slight_smile:

Could you PM me a brief intro to Jenny?! :slight_smile: I’d love to use this bit…

I’d like to include this, Richard - if you don’t mind sending me a brief intro to you? :slight_smile:

That sounds interesting and fun - would you mind sending me a potted bio, so I can introduce you in the booklet? :slight_smile: @Nefyn

That struggle would, I think, be inspirational for others - would you mind sending me a brief story of you so I can introduce you in the booklet? @AnnaC :slight_smile:

I’d love to include that, Dafydd - if you’d be kind enough to send me a brief ‘Intro to Dafydd’ kind of thing? :slight_smile:

I’d really like to include this, Jane - a brief ‘from, does, is’ about you would be very handy! [Don’t want to trust this to my memory! ;-)]

Sam, could I trouble you for a brief intro to you, so that I can use this bit? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d really like to share that in the booklet, Matilda - would you mind giving me a brief intro to you - where you’re from, what you do, that sort of stuff? :slight_smile:

That will resonate with a huge amount of learners! I’d love to include it… would you mind giving me a little background about you? :slight_smile:

This is a really important point I’d love to include - could you send me a brief introduction to yourself? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a great example of something I say in the booklet - would you mind sending me a little bit of background about you, so that I can introduce you in the booklet? :slight_smile: