Xmas skype

Missing your chat group?

Feeling the need to practise your Welsh this festive season?

Add your name to this list and sort out a skype chat over xmas.

You never know one of these fluent bods may even join in to help us lingulistically challenged.

Join in the fun, you know you want to :wink:

iā€™d join but my welsh is way too rustyā€¦

Iā€™ll join :slight_smile:

will do my best join in.

Cheers J.P.

Whereā€™s the list? Iā€™d like to join! :slight_smile:

Yes please!

great idea and i would have joined in, but going to be away between Christmas and new year.

Iā€™ll pm everyone on the list tonight or first thing tomorrow and we can swap skype details. We can arrange one to ones, group chats, etc at a convenient time.

And donā€™t worry if its a quick ā€œhelo xxxxx ydw i, nadolig llawenā€ before you run out of things to say. The important thing is trying.

2 Likes

You can skype on tablet or mobile if you have wifi or 3/4g. Just a thought.

Once you have peoples skype names, you can put them all into one group call.

Nominate a time or times when you are going to put out a call and all those who can attend will get an invite at the same time.

It can get a bit confusing if more than 5 join at the same time but that does not happen often, and of course some may wish to listen more than speak.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

Byddwn yn hapus i ymuno ag unrhyw un.

I would be happy to join in but it depends when because my daughter is visiting for a few days.

2 Likes

Please add me if youā€™re doing a group. Iā€™m not sure if I will be able to join over the holiday, but thereā€™s a chance, and Iā€™m a bit short on Welsh at the mo!

2 Likes

Well, just spoke with @philipnewton

Amazing. Heā€™s only been learning six weeks!!! What an inspiration!

6 Likes

Iā€™d be up for it but not sure Iā€™ll be able to say much - Iā€™m at level 1 challenge 21 at the moment but would love the chance to listen and practice!

2 Likes

youā€™d be fine

1 Like

Thanks - it would be good to practice saying something to someone else - as Iā€™m encouraged to do in every challenge now! My Skype name is davies-si if you are putting together a list of interested people. Diolch.

1 Like

Request sent :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need help please, I am willing to chat via Skype but I do not know how to contact people. My email address is n.h.c@btinternet.com and my Skype name is Toadspawn.
I am attending Welsh lessons with Coleg Gwent in Monmouthshire.

1 Like

@llanddinol: I had invited you to the group message (somewhat confusingly also called ā€œXmas skypeā€ - where others who have been willing to do informal Skype sessions have shared their Skype usernames.

If youā€™re using the Windows Skype client, try using the ā€œSearchā€ box at the top left, or the menu ā€œContacts > Add Contact > Search Skype Directoryā€¦ā€ (which should take you to that box), then type in someoneā€™s username to find them. Add them to your Skype Contacts if you havenā€™t already.

Then send them a brief written message through SSiW PM or via Skype to arrange a date and time thatā€™s convenient for the two of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to speak too, if thereā€™s someone interested. Tomorrow and Monday Iā€™m completely free:)
Stella

2 Likes