Bwtcamps 2018

Shw mae, Dawn?

You should have received a notification that I have replied on this thread. If you have, could you just pop in and say “yes” or “elephant” or anything else you fancy to let me know.

Diolch!

2 Likes

It might be worth tagging Dawn @dawnevans to be sure she gets a notification.

1 Like

I’ll look out for future Bwtcamps. Can’t make the April one.

3 Likes

So I’m at least interested this year, money permitting. (The joys of being self-employed, ugh). I’ll know more closer to the dates.

And thank you for answering one of my questions re: accessibility!

I’m in the same boat as Cat. I can get by on a cane, and can do stairs but for longer rambles, I use a wheelchair. So if I book a spot, I’ll have to be in touch with you to find out what the best options are around that, especially since I’ll be flying into the UK. But it’s good to know it’s possible!

Thank you!

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. I don’t think the April one will work, but further in the summer might. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Iestyn, will you be publishing details on this thread of any Northern bootcamps that will be taking place next year please? Somehow or other I managed to miss the one that was held there last year and so I’d very much like to be prepared for any that are planned for next year.

Incidentally, I can support what Iestyn says about the effects of the bootcamp experience on your ability to speak Welsh but, unless you’re very confident of carrying it off based on very little, you’ll be better off getting at least course 1 under your belt first, more if you can.

As an added bonus, Tresaith and the surrounding area is absolutely beautiful.

Northern bootcamps is usually Aran’s thing rather than Iestyn’s.

The latest word from him I believe is still “Not sure yet if we’ll be running a northern bootcamp in 2018”:

1 Like

Gwych! Interested.

Hey @Iestyn , definitely interested, hopefully there will be a July Bootcamp this year? Can only do school Hols…

1 Like

So have I missed where the booking link for Bwtcamp April is? I thought it was opening today?. I’d like to book please

''Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018!
Welsh
Bootcamp
Dec 2017
1 / 45
Dec 2017
2h ago

Iestyn5 MinuterDec '172
Bwtcamp booking will open on Friday 12th January 2018, at 21:00hrs or 9pm GMT

Hallo, potential bwtcampwyr - I have a date!’’

It’s 9pm tonight. So SSIWers in America have a chance, and people in Australia.

2 Likes

Shw mae, @eroberts - bwtcamp booking opens in about an hour and three quartersm at 9 pm. I’ll post the link on the April Bwtcamp page here: *Sold Out!* Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018!

1 Like

Ok thanks. I cant make head nor tail of it all i’m afraid.
I think its now sold out.
Thanks anyway

Oh that’s a shame, Emma! This bwtcamp did get booked out extremely quickly. The successful people must have been sitting at their computers with their fingers poised ready to click on the link the second it appeared. From what I could tell, it was clicked by 11 people in the first minute!

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen. A new date!

June / Mehefin 23-30 2018.

Discussion page available for you to register your interest here

3 Likes

Yes please for June

1 Like

I’m interested in doing a bwtcamp. Please can you keep me informed of when they will be? Diolch.

1 Like

When we have dates they’ll be posted here, so if you click on the ‘Watching’ button below you’ll get notified every time there is any news.

2 Likes

Helo. A couple of friends and I would be interested in a bwtcamp. Exhausting but brilliant I think :blush:

1 Like

I live in Ceredigion not far from Tresaith and have young children so don’t want to be away from home overnight. Is it possible to come to bwtcamp for daytime activities alone or does that defeat the whole purpose? Thanks

1 Like

The idea is to be totally immersed in Welsh for the whole week @Ros. Do you speak nothing but Welsh when you’re at home? If not, then you definitely wouldn’t get the real bwtcamp experience.

2 Likes