Booking for Tresaith Bootcamps 2017 - what's changing?

There is now a September bootcamp “Tell me your interested” page here: [Sold Out] 2017 September Bootcamp Tresaith. Sept 23-30

Could you let me know who’s up for it, and we’ll see about arranging things!

Iestyn

1 Like

Dear Iestyn I’m interested but don’t know /never been to same how long? where? etc. Am on Level 2 lesson 12 and loving it. Clare

@ClareRussell, follow the link above and it will give you the dates. If you have done level one you’ve done enough SSIW tp benefit from bootcamp. I can’t recommend lit enough. Go for it.

1 Like

Shw mae, Clare?

The mimnimum “level” we ask for is that you have completed level 1 or course 1 of the SSiW course. If you have that much, then you have enough to enjoy the week without burning up from frustration.

There is one more week available this year - 23rd - 30the September, with interest being shown in this thread: [Sold Out] 2017 September Bootcamp Tresaith. Sept 23-30

Tresaith is dorm style accomodation, although the 20 bed dorm is divided into 3 or 4 areas, so it’s not too full on. And we ban speaking English for the week, which means that everyone gets to use every single drop of Welsh that they have, and make up the bits that they don;t have yet.

It’s plenty of fun, and works absopute wonders for your Welsh!

It would be great to see you there.

Iestyn

2 Likes

Can you give me the address and timings please? C

I’ve given you some answers here.

1 Like

Helo, dw i newydd gweld oedd 'na bootcamp yn mis Medi. Bechod! Dw i’n aelod newydd yn y forum. Bydd 'na bootcamps yn 2018? Mae’n well gen i yn y Gogledd ond byddai’n iawn rywle arall.
Cofion
Ffi

Iestyn - Would also be interested in a 2018 bootcamp…tipyn bach “wrinklie” ond dw i’n gallu yfed gwin goch yn dda iawn!
Gobeithio tan 2018, Ffi

1 Like

Dw i’n edrych ymlaen at y cyfle i siarad mwy. Dw i angen gymaint o ymarfer a phosib. Bydd hi’n debygol neu posib? Gobeithio. Ffi

Hello Ffi, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

To keep everything here accessible even to new learners or those who may know a fair bit of spoken Welsh but have little experience with writing, it’s a good idea to keep our posts to English or at least supply an English translation if we use more than a word or two of Welsh in our posts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops, seems like I should have written my email in English too. Mae’n drwg gen i. Was just saying how I am looking forward to a northern bootcamp as I need as much practice as possible …

1 Like

Not sure yet if we’ll be running a northern bootcamp in 2018 - but you don’t need to wait for a northern bootcamp - every bootcamp (including ones that happen in the north!) has a mixture of learners following the northern and southern version. Hearing the alternatives helps you improve your ability to follow Welsh conversations in the wild… :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I kept hearing, but when I went on a Southern Bootcamp, I was the only one who had been following the northern lessons. I listened to some of the southern lessons before going, and was glad I did. Although there aren’t lots of differences, some of the common words and phrases are different, and it helped me to be familiar with them. I do hope to be able to be part of a northern Bootcamp some day, and am grateful to have been on the southern one.

How soon will we hear about the next bootcamp. I am itching to get practising…!

For the southern ones, it’s when @Iestyn gets the chance to make some decisions about dates…

For the northern one, I think there’s a fighting chance 2018 will be a skip year for us, I’m afraid - not 100% certain yet, but it’s already looking tricky to fit in…

1 Like

A pity, as I liked the generally more “luxury” nature of the northern ones!

But I gather that running one is a lot of work, and if that doesn’t fit into the schedule, I understand.

2 Likes

Also very interested in a Northern boot camp :slight_smile:

Hi. I’d be interested in a 2018 boot camp (preferably either Jan/Feb or may onwards?).
Again I’d be another one interested in northern one but I’d go on southern one as well

I’m thinking we should be getting a heads-up who’s interested sort of post for the first 2018 bootcamp pretty soon, shouldn’t we @Iestyn?

1 Like

Aha! Diolch for the poke, Sionned!

I have put a few details on *Sold Out!* Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018! for you.

See you over there…

3 Likes