New Oxford learner

Continuing the discussion from Oxford Welsh learners group:

Bore da! I am new to this forum. I moved to Oxfordshire 18 months ago and am an almost fluent Welsh learner. I would love to have the opportunity to practice speaking Welsh with people in the area. Are you meeting at Cafe Bap tomorrow March 25 and if so could I join you? Diolch. Bethan

2 Likes

Hello Bethan,
I am planning to be at Cafe Bap on March 25 and I would love to meet you. With luck there will be others. @jane-18? @johnwilliams_6? I am nowhere near fluent, but like to have a try.
Sue

1 Like

Yes, I’ll be there - & croeso @bethan-williams-1 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great! Thank you. I look forward to meeting you all.:blush:

2 Likes

Hello Bethan,
Yes, myself and Richard will be there - total beginners and not really capable of holding a conversation in Welsh yet I’m afraid - but looking forward to meeting you.
Jane

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @bethan-williams-1! :bouquet:

2 Likes

A very warm welcome to the forum, Bethan, and how lucky you are to be within range of the wonderful Oxford group… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to meet you Bethan! I’m a learner in North Oxfordshire although very much a beginner. Hoping to get along to a meet soon though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi I’m new to the Welsh course. Joined today and live in Didcot although have a holiday home in lovely Wales. I am looking forward to joining in with you all :slight_smile:. Is there a Facebook group as would love to join you all. Mandy

3 Likes

Hi Mandy a croeso! :slightly_smiling_face: Great to have you joining us!
We don’t have a Facebook group but we do have this Oxford group thread on the forum: https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-welsh-learners-group/1948 and we also have twice weekly meetups, Wednesdays and Fridays, now via Zoom since the lockdown - I’ll send you a link
Hwyl am y tro, John
PS Sorry, that Oxford group link doesn’t seem to be working :roll_eyes: I’ll sort it out and get back to you :slight_smile:

Hi Mandy,
I hope that you can join us on Zoom. In normal times we meet in Oxford, but naturally we are not doing that at the moment.
What about this link?

Sue

2 Likes

Hi again - I’ve sent you a PM (Personal Message) with a link to the login details for our Zoom meetups. Let me know if for any reason you don’t receive it :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John