NYC Metro Area Meetup - April 3, un rhywun?

Helo bawb,

Is anyone available to meet at the Snowdonia gastropub in Queens for lunch on April 3? We have a new local learner who is traveling to Wales the following week and who would love to get some speaking practice in before she goes.

Joanie

Tagging @atomic_newt @simonowenwilliams @joanalciati

1 Like

Dw I’ n gallu mind.

2 Likes

Address is:

34-55 32nd St
Astoria, NY 11106
http://snowdoniapub.com/

O na! We’ll be away on vacation!! I’ll have to miss this one out! :frowning:

Helo! That’s me, the new local learner headed for Wales. Hope to startle and maybe impress my family there… In any event, would love to speak Welsh with some of you.

3 Likes

What time?

@atomic_newt :frowning: We will miss you - it’s been too long. Hope all is well, and have an awesome vacation.

Is 1:15/1:30p ok, @joanalciati and @elinornyc?

Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you, Elinor… :sunny:

Thanks! Hope you guys enjoy Snowdonia! Looking forward to hearing how it is, and hopefully will have a chance to meet up with you guys there another time! :smile:

1 Like

I’m fine with whatever time is good for anyone else.
Diolch,

Hi @ElinorNYC - don’t forget to get in touch when you’re in Wales! Local SSiWers are always keen to meet others and show them around.

3 Likes

Oh that’s just great! Diolch! I’ll post again when my travel details are ironed out. It looks like I’ll be in Penarth around April 14 for a couple days & then in Cardiff. Is that near some or any of you?

1 Like

@ali @annsimons @arianrhod You might like to get in touch with Elinor when she’s around :slight_smile:

Hi Elinor. I live in Barry which is about 8 miles from Cardiff. Unfortunately I am flying off to Sweden on 14 April which is the day you mentioned. However, I fly back on 19 April so if you are still in the Cardiff area then, I would be more than happy to meet up with you. Have a good trip. Regards Ann

1 Like

Hi, I’m a new learner too and would like to join you if I’m able, if that’s okay. I’d be coming from PA and would have to let you know closer to the date if I can make it. Would love the opportunity for some practice! :smile:

1 Like

Helo @laurawydapszeniczny!

We’d love to have you if you can make it, whether this time or in the future.

Out of curiosity, whereabouts in PA are you? I grew up in Bucks County, close to the Lehigh Valley.

1 Like

Hi Elinor, Are you in Penarth all day on the 14th April? I could pick you up and bring you to Barry to meet a few of us on that day but it would be lunch time-ish. That’s my only chance that week, unfortunately.

1 Like

I would love to but not sure I’ll get there till that day; I’ll be in Liverpool first. I’ll post again in a few days when I get all my routes figured out. But many thanks. I hope this works out. My elderly (92) cousin in Penarth is a (native?) Welsh speaker, by the way. You would probably like to have HIM meet with you all. More soon & again, diolch!

1 Like

Hi Ann, Thanks for your note. I think I have to head to London on the 19th so it looks like we will miss each other. However, have a wonderful trip. The other language I’m studying at the moment is Norwegian so Scandinavia is in my future, too. cheers, Elinor

Sorry we will miss each other - maybe on your next trip? Good luck with your Welsh and Norwegian! When my son moved to Sweden, I did start learning Swedish but then I moved to Wales and took up .welsh instead. My two Swedish grandchildren are now fluent in English, so I don’t need to bother! Have a great trip! regards, Ann