2016 Tresaith Bootcamp April 23-30

Booking is open for the April 2016 bootcamp, which runs from 4pm Saturday 23rd April to 10am Saturday 30th.

Cost is £260.

Here is the link for booking: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201604230000/ekz

Thia bootcamp is Sold Out. Please click on the link at the foot of the page for more bootcamp dates…

Please remember the following bootcamp conditions:

1. Bootcamp payments are, generally speaking, not refundable. Your
    money will, of course be refunded in full if we cancel the bootcamp, but
    if you pull out, we reserve the right not to return anything. This is
    especially true if you pull out close to the date, making it difficult
    to fill your place. Please make sure that you are definitely wanting to
    come on bootcamp, and please take out holiday insurance (yes, this is a
    holiday!) to cover your costs in the event of a change of circumstance.

2. No language except Welsh is allowed during bootcamp. There is a
    time for orientation at the start and an introduction in English, so
    that we all start on the same page, but after that you will not speak
    English (or any language other than Welsh) until the following Saturday.

3. Bootcamp is for people who have completed the material in course
    1, including the vocab lessons. If you are a non-SSiWer, then please do
    lesson 25 (south) or 26 (north), and vocab unit 10, and if you can’t
    keep up, then fly through the course to give yourself a chance at
    bootcamp.

4. Bootcamp is one of the most frightening, rewarding, tiring,
    exhilirating experiences you will ever take part in. If you throw
    yourself in, you will end the week as a Welsh speaker. If you are half
    hearted, you will probably not enjoy the experience, and you certainly
    won’t get the most out of it. Please be committed!!!

5. That’s all sounded a bit serious… Bootcamp is a holiday in one
    of the most beautiful parts of Wales (and thus, the world). You will
    spend a week with lovely people, visiting lovely places, and doing
    interesting things. You will have fun, and go home with beautiful
    memories that will last you a life time, and firm friendships that will
    take your Welsh to a new level. Come on holiday, and go home a Welsh
    speaker - how’s that for a bargain?!!!

Let us know below when you book, and if you have any questions.

There is some helpful information here: https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/bootcamp Scroll to the bottom of the page for location and “what to bring” information.

That link again: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201604230000/ekz

There will be three more bootcamps this year. For dates and details, click here

2 Likes

Hi Iestyn,

I’m really sorry, I desperately want to go to this but unfortunately my brother is getting married on the final weekend and I’m meant to be a part of the wedding (I think it’d give my brother heart attack if I was driving from West Wales to Surrey the day before). I have cancelled the booking, could you please confirm this? I’m so sorry to be a pain, I will book on the soonest bootcamp I can attend.

Thank you,

Anthony

Hi Iestyn,

I have just jumped right in and booked myself a place on April Bootcamp!..I have been learning since August Bank Holiday 15 and have covered Course 1 and half way through Vocab Units. Am now addicted to S4C - Pobol y Cwm and anything else I can reasonably understand [with subtitles] Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I’m from London by the way…
Margaret

4 Likes

Hi,

I am very interesting in doing the Boot Camp. I have been learning Welsh for 2 years now and feel that this would be a great next step. My only problem is that I have commitments in Cardiff on the Tuesday (26th). Would it be possible to leave Tuesday morning and return Tuesday evening, or possible Wednesday morning?

Thanks,

Cathy

Problem solved! I got cover for the Tuesday. All booked on! Really looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have booked for the bootcamp. There is no information about accommodation. Do we need to find this ourselves?

Hi Vaughan,

No need to look for accomodation - the ganolfan in Tresaith has 40 beds, in two rooms (rooms are subdivided as well, so it;s not a military barracks style dorm!), so there’s plenty of room for everyone.

Thanks for reminding me - we have some bootcamp information sheets that I shall add to the booking pages.

Iestyn

1 Like

All booked in for April. Where can I find these info. sheets please as I’ve no idea what I need to bring with me apart from all the Welsh I can muster.

Deleted. Didn’t know how to actually delete.

Hi Lynne - I’ve messaged you.

And yes, family must always come first!

Iestyn

1 Like

Shw mae, @kathrynost? Great to hear you’ve booked - I’m looking forward to meeting everyone!

I’ve added a link to the bottom of the first page of the post now, basically sending you here: https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/bootcamp

Scroll to the bottom of the page for location and “what to bring” information.

Shwmae Iestyn,
I’m not sure if I was clear about when I will go for the Bootcamp. I would like to book for the end of July 23-30. That’s when my son in law has long service leave. Thank you,
Lynne

Vaughan, hello

We are looking for accommodation too. Might stay in dormitory to get the fun and extra chat, but might go for a holiday cottage, don’t know yet. If we got one big enough, would you be up for sharing? I can see 2 and 3 -bedroom places available. But we haven’t decided yet. There are 2 of us.

Alan

Iestyn, hi

Dormitory sounds fine, appreciate the fun of it and extra chat etc. Judith is more edgy about it and might want her own space, mainly for sleeping. If we wanted a cottage or room of some kind, there are 2 or 3 associated with the Canolfan/Hostel aren’t there? Could we have one of those? For a price obviously! The closer to the action, the better. Can book and pay immediately if there’s something suitable.

If we do end up in a cottage and it’s not one of the ones you control, it will be a commercial holiday rental and could have space extra bedroom/s for other guests. But whatever, we don’t know yet. What have you got there?

Thanks, Alan

Just for clarity’s sake - we don’t own/control any of the cottages - they’re owned by the same people who own the Canolfan, which we rent… :sunny:

But they are always happy to take overflow/no-dorm-thanks Bootcampers - you can see what they’ve got and get in touch with them at www.tresaith.net :sunny:

Hi Alan

Thanks for being in touch. I would definitely prefer to be in one of the cottages. If you are thinking of going ahead I would be happy to join you.

Vaughan

Instead of “edit” you press delete however the post itself even if edited out or deleted reamins here for ages no matter it says it will go off in 24 hours. :slight_smile: So you just did one of the right things though.

[size=10.5]
Sorry to go offtopic but just had to explain this no matter it was already detaily explained here. You might find plenty of usefu stuff on how to on this forum @lynne_freudigmann searching through this post also.
Now I’ll let you go back on topic. :slight_smile:
[/size]

1 Like

Having a slight worry that I might have signed up for the wrong course. I am following the Northern course as although I live in London my family are from North Wales.

Don’t worry. The two bootcamps in Tresaith I have been on have been equally-balanced between northern and southern learners. You will be fine.

Thanks