2016 Tresaith Bootcamp July 23-30

It’s possible for users to unpin globally pinned topics just for themselves. This is what I believe @henddraig did (and all it takes is clicking on the pin when you go to open the thread to accidentally unpin it).

Regarding a link to the useful thread - why not have the link (or event the content) added into the FAQ?

Yes, but it isn’t on the top even if it would not be unpinned by her. I’ve tested that …

This could be a bit confusing because there are 2 FAQ pages - one is Forum FAQ and the other is SSi FAQ and both are accessible from the forum page.

Each page has (understandably) different content.

Otherwise … ja, the link could be in Forum FAQ too, but I’m not sure this is easily made as this page is pre-installed by discourse and I’m not sure how much will @Kinetic has on top of all work he has to do to bother with this (right now).

This is the view that a brand new forum user sees. The really useful thread isn’t quite on top, but that’s because of all the other posts that have been globally pinned. But the really useful thread is definitely above all the other posts.

So new users are getting a chance to see this topic.

When are you not seeing it pinned above other topics?

James

1 Like

That’s problem @aran to worry about! If you feel there’s a benefit to be made from a change let him know.

As it happens, changing the faq page provided by discourse is (apparently) straightforward

1 Like

I know, but still. I don’t like to put people into too much work … :slight_smile:

Good news to know …

1 Like

Syrpreis bendigedig

I turned the page in my latest Lingo Newydd (*) and was delighted to find a picture of @Iestyn, his young helpers and the July Bootcampers beaming at me. The article was focussed on the overseas participants @tatjana, @brigitte, @lynne_freudigmann and @elkiedeadman who were each interviewed (yn y Gymraeg, wrth gwrs) about their reasons for learning Welsh and other things.

Another good plug for SSiW - Llongyfarchiadau i chi gyd.

(*) My reading and writing in Welsh is pretty ropey and I find this colour-coded (blue for beginners, green from more proficient and red for winners of the Cadeiriau Eisteddfod ) bi-monthly magazine a very good resource. You can now subscribe online by going here. ( @aran - please let me know if I’m breaking any advertising rules here)

5 Likes

@hewrop I believe you don’t break any advertising rules as this link was posted elswhere on the forum.

Tell me something different: IS THIS LAST EDITION AVAILABLE where we are??? I’ve just told @brigitte on Sunday when we spoke that I intend to ask @Iestyn in which newspapers all those inteviews we’ve given are and you’ve just brought me part of what I wanted to know. I also thought the other day that I have to subscribe to Lingo Newydd and Walla! I just have to now. I’m one of those in it! - haha. The reason more I do subscribe now.

Thank you very much for this.

@Iestyn when you’d have some time, can you give me hint where to find another interview, that one from Wool Mill - yma:

To be honest I was told which newspaper it will be in but I forgot (didn’t remember). I just remember it is not available online, that’s all.

1 Like

@tatjana If I can persuade my ubuntu running netbook to connect to my scanner (my windows 10 desktop won’t :confounded:), I’ll send you a scan of the page in question (and anyone else of the bwtcampwyr gorfennaf who ask).

If you can manage the scan, I’d like to have a copy, please. Thank you very much in advance.

Thank you @hewrop. Hopefully it will work. :slight_smile:

@hewrop, diolch yn fawr iawn am y tudalen. It is nice to read and brings back wonderful memories.

Yes, please! And I know that@elkiedeadman is anxious to read what she said!

@BronwenLewis I’ve invited you and @elkiedeadman to the message list where you should be able to link to and download my scan. I’ve restricted this to July Bootcamp participants in the hope that I’m not infringing Lingo’s copyright. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any problems viewing the pdf file.

Diolch yn fawr iawn @hewrop. Dw i wedi darllen popeth yn barod. :slight_smile:

Yes, brings back memories - lots of wonderful memories …

Thanks so much for sharing that!

@hewrop I have subscribed to Lingo Newydd, I hope I get the edition with the relevant article and picture. Meanwhile, @tatjana asked about another paper. If anyone has a copy, if it is not available on-line, maybe they could put any pics on here? Oh, and if I’ve missed the edition of Lingo Newydd…maybe you could let me see the pic, as it is now ‘old news’!

Yes please from me too!

The issue (Hydref-Tachwedd 2016 rhifn 104) has only just arrived with me. If yours fails to arrive in the next week or so, please contact me again and I’ll be glad to PM you a link since you are a Lingo subscriber. If I were you, I’d also let Lingo know (lingonewydd@golwg.com) that they owe you a copy.

Please check my invitation :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Lingo Newydd just came - I was thrilled to see the group at bwtcamp and read the interviews! Da iawn pawb! What an amazingly varied group. And it’s always great to see a plug for SSiW! :slight_smile:

I agree with @hewrop - it’s a great magazine for learners who are ready to try reading. And there is also an electronic version available via the Golwg app if you’re so inclined - a lot cheaper for those of us outside the UK/Europe.

3 Likes