Anyone fancy a little Manx?

Diolch! Look, now you’re a Manx teacher :slight_smile:

Happy to do so, glad if it helped.

Go celebrate, and then get some sleep! I’ll bet you dream in Manx!

2 Likes

Very very impressed! I looked in at several points during the day and dipped into the last conversation. It certainly looked like extremely hard work, but you seem to have learnt something! ( I like ‘tami tiggle’ too!)
Enjoy your well-earned rest!

2 Likes

Go to your channel, click Video manager and then subtitles. Then write them (or pre-prepare them for just copying and pasting) and I presume you’d have to manually adjust them through (on) theh timeline. Prety simple but can be a bit time consuming too.

But now … yes, take a well deserved rest. Mae’n dydd arall fory. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aran,

That must have been a very long day. It was rather incredible how long of a conversation you two were able to have by the end of only one day of learning.

Enhorabuena & Da iawn ti!
Amanda

1 Like

Diolch!

Yes, it was pretty knackering - I was still exhausted on Wednesday! - but very encouraging how much we managed, and looking forward to seeing what’s still with me when I go over there in a couple of weeks… :slight_smile:

That was a fantastic effort, Aran. I managed to log in to watch during my breaks; that looked like a real marathon, and it was interesting to watch you in action during a SSi session too. I think am going to have to pick Manx up now. I hope you enjoy coming over here. Will you be giving a talk during Yn Cruinnaght?

Yes, I gather so - are you going to be there? I’m looking forward to seeing the island - and seeing how much Manx has stuck in my head…:wink:

I’ll certainly be on island, Aran! I have looked at the Cruinnaght Web Site at some of the performers who will be coming. What I can attend depends on what time things take place as I’m at work during the week, but it would certainly be really interesting to get to an event where you were speaking about the SSi method.

Once I know what the details are, I’ll post on here… :slight_smile:

Aran will be speaking on the Friday of the Cruinnaght, 15th July at 4pm at the Guild Room in Peel. All welcome!

1 Like

YAY!

Welcome to the forum @adriancain!

Any recording of this speach? I’m way too far to come there and listen. :slight_smile:

The Guild Room is a bit of a way out from Slovenia, Tatjana !. No excuses for me, though, as it’s a five minute walk straight after work. I’m looking forward to this. I’m sure you will enjoy your time over here, Aran. Thanks, Adrian, for posting the details on this thread.

1 Like

Something like that … :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll enjoy him speaking. :slight_smile:

So excited to get started on the course materials!

My mate worked through SSi Welsh, and was telling me about it - so it’s great to see it launched.

I’ve got a Manx family here and grew up on the island from the age of 10. Schooled in St Ninian’s, Douglas just as there was a big resurgence in interest in Manx - which filtered down to the school level. I studied Manx in first and second year of high school - just half an hour a week, and a little lost on an 11/12 year old, but really glad I had some exposure to the language.

Thanks so much for this!

2 Likes

You’re hugely welcome - it’s great to see such enthusiasm!

Are you going to be at Yn Chruinnaght at all?

Most likely not this year - I had my annual trip over in April, not sure I can face more of certain family member :stuck_out_tongue:

I should sort next year’s visit to coincide :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yes, I understand that kind of territory…:wink:

I have a vague memory of actually doing a recital at one way back in the mid/late 80s? St Ninian’s put students into it who were doing well with their Manx studies. Memory is very fuzzy though!

My pronunication was good - always had a knack for accent and pronunciation as I was an RAF brat prior to moving to the island, so I’d had about three accents by the age of ten :wink:

1 Like

Ah, that’s a familiar kind of upbringing…:wink:

Many thanks to Aran and Adrian for finding time for the presentation in Peel on Friday 15th. The time fairly flew by, and I am very glad that I was able to attend. Nice to meet you, Aran. I hope you had a good time while you were over here. Neil

2 Likes