Anyone want to discuss "Un Bore Mercher" (S4C)? - warning - might contain spoilers

In case you haven’t seen it:

Last episode coming up in 15 minutes as I type this!

Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woohoo!!!

…“another series is being prepared”… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Phew! What a great last episode…and I’d seen the Welsh version, so I (kind of ) knew how it ended, but I was still on the edge of my seat…

Again, I think they had added a few scenes which partly explained things better, and which partly put a slightly different complexion on things.

And even now I still have a few questions…

…I’m wondering where they can go with a second series though. Will be fascinating to see.

There’s a few loose ends, like the e-mail to the Met.

Going back a step. I wonder what Faith thought, when she realised that the Family Judge was Dai Coaches :smiley:

Where was Evan? What will be result of letter to Met? What will be fate of Evan’s Mam? And Tom? Glad about another series. Loose ends demand it!

1 Like

Indeed. It’s worth it for the scenery alone.

I hope Arthur comes back. I’ve found he and Lisa to be the most entertaining characters, and I quite like Cerys as well. I hope Arthur maintains his “apparently dodgy and unreliable, but kind and humorous, and actually more to him than meets the eye” character. Some of us had some fanciful theories about him at one point (mine perhaps more fanciful than anyone’s) that he might be, e.g. an undercover cop investigating corrupt other cops.

However, it does rather seem that he was what he appeared - a vulnerable (to use Faith’s word) person who was manipulated into doing dirty business, but whose basic decency finally triumphed.

I don’t quite see how either Evan or Steve are going to survive in one piece, once Gayle Reardon’s family start looking for them.

I wonder how many of the police will remain in their jobs? I hope at least that Terry makes sergeant, although I don’t think “Susan” will be recommending him for promotion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really?!? Super excited to hear this! :smile: There are questions to be answered, and I wonder what new adventures are in store for us :slight_smile: Love the actors, especially Eve Myles, so happy, happy. happy to hear there will be more!

I hope it won’t be too long before they show “Keeping Faith” in the US - I’m really interested to see how it’s different from the Welsh version, after reading everyone’s comments. Plus, I totally agree with [quote=“mikeellwood, post:207, topic:10116”]
It’s worth it for the scenery alone.
[/quote]

1 Like

… or indeed in the rest of the UK! So far ‘Keeping Faith’ has only been broadcast here on BBC Wales (it is available for people to stumble across on BBC iPlayer though …)

2 Likes

Scroll up to Mikeellwood’s comment and link on the locations for a hint on overseas viewing. Also worth watching in its own right.

1 Like

Apparently it’s on Acorn TV in the US. I’m not endorsing the channel as I don’t know anything about it other than it seems to offer UK and Australian content.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I would have to pay more to add that channel to my tv subscription :frowning2: I wonder if it will come to Netflix? Further investigation warranted…

1 Like

I doubt it will come to Netflix. We’ve noticed a lot of British TV has disappeared from Netflix lately. Looking at Acorn TV I noticed that “Keeping Faith” starts on May 7. You can get a one-week free trial, and monthly or yearly subscription is way less than Netflix. We’re seriously considering it.

1 Like

Thanks, Sionned. I see that it is possible to subscribe directly, and that I wouldn’t necessarily have to get it through my cable company. You are right about British TV disappearing from Netflix, unfortunately. I may try it out for a month or two and see how I like it.

Ah yes, I thought you might need to subscribe, which I guess may not be cost effective for one series. To be honest we dont bother in the UK with anything that’s not included in the basic package (films, sport etc). Strangely it’s not available on BBC channels in the UK (except Wales). My daughter who lives in England took some persuading to watch the first episode on I-Player (internet), but now she’s obsessed with it. Could you perhaps buy the DVDs instead?

I also got my daughter in London to watch it, and I think she thought it was pretty good. She also likes Scandi-noir, and Latin American series of a similar nature (a lot of which can be found on All4).

I convinced iPlayer on my computer that I was in Wales (which I am not), and then Keeping Faith was easy to find.
I wasn’t sure how to play the same trick on our smart TV, but using the search function found it.

How? Or can’t you tell me?

Well seeing as it’s you @henddraig
:slight_smile:

It was quite easy really. I’m not 100% which page, but maybe any page once you are in the iPlayer part of the BBC website: somewhere in the bottom left of the screen there is a location setting. Hang on, let me check:

OK, so If I go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone near the bottom left, I can see a link that says:

Change Location: Wales (because I’ve previously set it to Wales. I can’t remember what it said before! To be honest, I don’t even remember changing it.

NB I was doing this on a Windows 7 PC with Chrome. Things might be slightly different on a tablet.

1 Like

Mine says Oxfordshire, but has always let me have full access to everything. Or maybe I should change it to Wales and see what happens…:astonished:

[quote=“mikeellwood, post:216, topic:10116”]
I wasn’t sure how to play the same trick on our smart TV, but using the search function found it.[/quote]
This is what I’m trying to figure out. My smart TV is supposed to play Acorn TV, but I haven’t been able to find it yet.

EDIT: Found out how to make it be there! Yay!

1 Like