Apps: Known issues and workarounds

Diolch Leane!

pinging Androidy @jamesmahoney :slight_smile: :star2:

I have seen this, but I havenā€™t had a chance to investigate yetā€¦

1 Like

The listening practices are actually present, but their titles happen to match the lesson title, so theyā€™re easy to miss. See the attached artfully annotated screenshot.

There is a workaround to fix correct the titles, but it will involve me talking to the overworked sole SSi developer, so for the moment youā€™ll have to take a guess at which the listening practice is.

1 Like

Listening titles should be correct now - try refreshing the course detailsā€¦

1 Like

Gwych - diolch yn fawr iawn i ti James :star: :star2: :slight_smile:

All sorted now in my android app. Thank you!

1 Like

V minor issue, but I have uploaded a photo to my profile yet I am still showing up just as a letter. Probably something Iā€™m doing wrong, but any idea what?

youā€™ve probably changed your SSi website photo, rather than your forum photoā€¦

try https://forum.saysomethingin.com/users/Catriona/preferences

2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™ve tried following that link and changing it there. Fingers crossed it will filter through.

1 Like

And it has. Wheee!

excellent

Ble mae her? Ar app yn Safon 3/ Level 3 does dim her ar gael ar ol 15. Dw i weds trio newid e gyda ā€œrefreshā€ and does dim newid.Diolch

The reason why you canā€™t see anything beyond 15 is simple: they donā€™t exist yet, at least in the southern version. The ā€œmissingā€ challenges are work-in-progress, usually there will be announcement messages on the forum when new challenges are published. @iestyn might know more about the expected timeline.

2 Likes

Tiā€™n cywir. Dw i weds edrych ar heriau ar y we one nes i ddim trio nhw. Ar ol i fi trio nhw nawr mae neges yn dangos.

Diolch

I donā€™t know if anyone else has been having trouble with this - recently my SSIW app seems to sign me out and lock me out of lessons. If I click ā€œsubscribeā€ it takes me to the website where it says Iā€™m already subscribed, and then the app seems to allow me in. However some of the play buttons on the lessons are greyed (or rather, pinked!) out and I canā€™t play them. If I go to the forum and then return to the lessons sometimes it lets me play them. Very odd!

Hmm, sounds like iOS - one for @lewie

Hi Scarlett,

the button is ā€œpinkedā€ when youā€™re streaming the lessons - that means in that moment you have to have a fully working internet connection and be logged in to the app correctly.

If you download the lessons, instead, theyā€™re always available on your phone and work also when thereā€™s no internet connection.

Here a few hints with helpful screenshots about how to download. Have a look and let us know if you managed!
Click here to see it: App issue

1 Like

Thank you - I wondered about that.

Itā€™s very odd though because Iā€™m usually on fast wifi, and Iā€™ve never had any trouble before. I prefer to stream them as I donā€™t have a lot of space on my phone. It feels more like a bug than an internet issue, because I can often get it to play by visiting the forum, then back to lessons and choose the lesson again.

I forgot to say, itā€™s an iPhone 7 running the latest iOS. Thanks!

1 Like

Alright, then if youā€™re on wifi and streaming not working right now, you might check if youā€™re logged in correctly.
Go to Settings - tapping on the gear on the bottom right of the screen and you should see your login name (like in the other screenshot on the same thread linked above - just scroll down a couple of posts).

1 Like

Diolch - I seem to be logged in correctly. Just sometimes when I come to work on a lesson it says itā€™s advanced content and I need to be signed in to use it, so I click the link to sign in (although I should already be) and then itā€™s pinked out. Some lessons work and some donā€™t, and it seems to be a bit random. Very strange! Thank you for your help

1 Like