Apps: Known issues and workarounds

Hi @klaus

Thanks for reporting this - it is probably something that @lewie would be interested in knowing - so I have tagged him.

Lewie wrote the App on a voluntary basis - very impressive!!

Rich :slight_smile:

Just testing a reply from the app

2 Likes

Ok, I see the problem. It happens if you are logged out of the forum. The fix is easy, but Iā€™ve got a couple more things to test before releasing.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone- I have finished Level 1 (North), but my iPhone app does not offer Level 2. Swiping right for the next level shows Level 3 and then several other offerings (advanced, old courses, etc), but Level 2 is nowhere to be found. Iā€™ve logged in and out, without luck. Iā€™m using the latest app version. Any ideas?

Ben

1 Like

Hi @ben-31,

Hmm :thinking: thatā€™s an odd oneā€¦it sounds like it has got in a knot about what you are entitled to see. Have you tried logging out of the App under settings? - checking that you canā€™t see more that the first lesson to check that this has worked - and then logging back in again.

If itā€™s a ā€˜knotā€™ on your phone/ App this will give it a chance to have another go at it. Failing that, drop an email to admin@saysomethingin.com and they will check your settings at the other end.

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @rich ā€” thanks for the note. Logging out and in doesnā€™t help. Iā€™ve attached a screenshot.

Ben

Hmm, if when you log out it removes what you are able to seeā€¦

ā€¦and then after you log in, it puts it back again, still without level 2, Iā€™d ping an email to admin as aboveā€¦

ā€¦and if you were me and wanted to get something done before Monday (which Iā€™d guess is the likely response day), I would un install the App and reinstall it - on a nothing ventured nothing gained, sort of basis :grin:ā€¦that just might sort it out.

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ll definitely send an email and try reinstalling the app, as you suggest. Diolch!

1 Like

Reinstalling worked!

1 Like

Great!

1 Like

On the Android app on my phone I canā€™t see the listening practices for Level 2 (they are all there for Level 1). Iā€™ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but no joy. Does anyone have any suggestions? If all else fails I can find the listening practice via the website on my phone and listen there, but I find the app quick and easy to use so would rather use that if there is a solution. Thanks!

Iā€™ll tag @jamesmahoney and @rich here - theyā€™re definitely more able to help than I am.

@siaronjames thank you.

I am going to ping @gisella-albertini here as she uses the Android app - I could probably find a phone and download the App and look but she probably knows the answer already!

No pressure Gisella!

2 Likes

They are there, but they are mislabelled - so thereā€™s actually two Challenge 05, two Challenge 10ā€™s etc.
Someone from behind the scenes at SSi towers will need to correct the titles in the database that holds all of this info.

2 Likes

Looks like James Mahoney has been quicker! :grin:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn @jamesmahoney, I hadnā€™t even noticed that there were two challenge 5s! And diolch too to @gisella-albertini and @rich for replying. Problem speedily solved!

3 Likes

Hi
Newbie using android phone, ssiw app and forum app. On ssiw app automatically it goes to the old course page. It queues lessons but doesnā€™t download. Advice, please? Thanks.

I have no idea how to help but maybe @gisella-albertini or @rich (theyā€™re good with apps) or @jamesmahoney (our actual android-app guy) can advise.

Hi @yr1arall . There is a setting that only allows wifi downloading. In the top right corner there is three dots, click on this, go to settings and turn that setting off which should resolve your problem. You may have discovered this but you can switch between courses by clicking on where it says Old Course at the top and choosing something else.

1 Like