Bridgend (Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr) monthly meetups

hI i live in the Bridgend area but cant do Saturdays at all. Is there any of you that could meet for a coffee and chat on week days. Im currently on week 6 of the 6 month course although have done evening class up to end of sylfaen level. I go completely blank when I meet people and cant remember a thing in Welsh so I need to get over this and get more confident.
Jackie

1 Like

Hi, I’m Jenny ( dryw bach) and I’m retired :blush: so I’m available most days/ times. My husband is also retired and learning Welsh. What days/ times are suitable for you?

1 Like

I don’t mind a weekday evening if this helps?

Dw i’n byw yn Coety/I live in Coity

Is there still a meet up in Bridgend on Saturdays?

Yes. The next one will be 9th February. You’ll be most welcome!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

Sorry only just seen this reply. I can be free Monday mornings, Tuesday mornings, or Friday most of the day if you want to meet for a coffee or something. I live in Blaengarw but have a car so can get most places.

Hi newbie here just signed up for the course. Excited and living in Kenfig Hill. Would be grateful to know of the meet-ups and hope to join when I have soemthing to say in Welsh :slight_smile: Diolch

Hi my daughter lives in. Kenfig Hill I’m back and fore there a lot picking grandchildren up from Ysgol Mynydd Cynffig. I’m on challenge 12 & 13 of level 1, I can’t do the Saturday morning meet ups but would be up for meeting during the week if you fancy it. Maybe there are a few of us in the area we could get together with?
Good luck with your course , speak soon
Jackie

Sounds good. I’m right at the start of the course (signed up yesterday)
Anyone else up for a Kenfig Hill area mis week meet up?

Have you done any Welsh before Carin?

I did A level Welsh over 30 years ago. I don’t remember much really so I count myself as a complete beginner sadly. I can pick out odd words and phrases but that’s all. Are you doing well learning so far?

Hi, things are a bit up in the air at the moment. My mother had a massive stroke just before Christmas and is now in Ysbyty Cwm Cynon in Mountain Ash. We’re having to go there every other day and don’t have much time for anything else.
Once things have settled down, I’ll be in touch

Oh so sorry to here about your Mum. Yes of course your life is up in the air.
Kind Regards
Jackie

Jenny, I am so very sorry to hear about your mother, I wondered where you were at the last meet - up and really hope to hear some better new since.
Carolynne

When is the next meet up in Bridgend please?
Is it ok if a week 1/2 learner came along :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the info in the newsletter for the Bridgend meetups:

Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr (Bridgend) – 2nd Sat of the month, 10am, upstairs at Il Panino, 1 Market St, CF31 1LL (Contact dryw-bach )

and I’m sure they welcome anyone along - no matter what their level of Welsh is.

If you don’t get the weekly newsletter, just pop into FAQ and scroll down to where you can register to get it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought I read somewhere that the Bridgend group was meeting in Aroma on Saturday 9th Feb, is it definitely Il Panino? I was planning to come this weekend, my first one so I’m a bit nervous!

@jacquelyngoode @carolynne It’s still in Il Panino isn’t it?

Thank you for your offer of a Meet Up this Saturday in Bridgend, unfortunately can’t make it. Is there one on 23 Feb?