Carmarthen conversation group

Hiya, no I only volunteer occasionally now for the British Bird of Prey Centre based at the gardens.

I am at the Stable Block some days if you would like to meet up - I am working there part-time.

Yes. Ivy Bush, 7pm this Friday. Look for the knitter.
@billigog, @roblisle, @johndray

Hello Margaret,

I’d also be interested in attending the Llandeilo group if possible to make up for the one I miss in the Ivy Bush each month. Do you have the details please? See you Friday

I’ve sent you a PM.

Shwmae all.

Our next meetup is in the Ivy Bush on Friday 2nd November and the one after that is on Tuesday 20th November. The lovely Rhian Evans has invited Sarah Reynolds to be with us at the meet up on the 20th. Sarah was a finalist in last years Dysgwr y Flwyddyn and has written two novels along the theme of learning Welsh. She lives in/near Carmarthen. She was a very recent guest on Beti a’i Phobl if you want to know more about her.
If you are at all interested, please come along and meet her. I’m extending this invitation to any SSIWers out there, particularly including @byron of the Cidweli/Kidwelly group and @ant of the Llanelli group. Please ask your friends and relations! If you could give me an indication of how many people might come I would be very grateful, but it’s not required. @billigog, @Coralie, @Gruffydd, @roblisle, @johndray @Deborah-SSi, @annmoore,

That sounds great @margaretnock! I’m hoping I’ll be able to get to that one.

1 Like

Hi Margaret… beth yw’r amser y cyfarfod plis

Saith tan nawr. 7 til 9.

Final call for the SSIW meet up tomorrow night, 7 pm with our guest Sarah Reynolds.

1 Like

I was looking forward to this, but a couple of things have come up so I can’t make it. I hope you have a good evening!

Shw mae Margaret, I’m visiting my elderly mother in Carmarthen for a few weeks from Melbourne and am hoping that the Ivy Bush meet-up is still on for Friday 30th November. If so I will definitely be there at 7… Bill

1 Like

It is definitely on. We look forward to meeting you. I may be knitting, I’ll probably be with my friend Rhian (who is blind) if you want to look out for us.

Diolch Margaret. see you there on Friday

@billigog, @Coralie, @roblisle, @Gruffydd, @johndray, @Deborah-SSi, and any other SSIW friends. A note to remind you that next week’s meet, Tuesday 18 December is NOT in the hotel as usual but in a friend’s home nearby. If you plan to come, but don’t know where it is please PM me and I’ll give you the address. Parking would be best in St Peter’s car park.

2 Likes

I won’t make it again sadly, although I’m still very much on board and planning to come when work permits.

To all SSIW ers in the Carmarthen area, and especially @Deborah-SSi, @billigog, @billspawton, @Coralie, @roblisle, @Gruffydd, @johndray, these are the 2019 dates for our meet ups.
Friday January 4,
Tuesday January 15,
Friday Feb 1,
Tuesday February 19,
Friday March 1st,
Tuesday March 19,
Friday April 5,
Tuesday April 16,
Friday May 3rd.
Tuesday May 14th,
Friday May 30th,
Tuesday June 18th,
Friday July 5th,
Tuesday July 16th,
Friday August 2nd,
Tuesday August 20th,
Friday September 6,
Tuesday September 17,
Friday October 4,
Tuesday October 15,
Friday November 1st,
Tuesday November 19,
Friday December 6,
Tuesday December 19,
Blwyddyn Newydd dda i chi i gyd.

4 Likes

And @margaretnock wins the Gold Star for being the most organised SSiW meetup organiser of all time! :star2:

2 Likes

Well, there’s actually 2 of those dates I can’t make, being the SSIW party weekend and the Eisteddfod, but it was easier to just stick to those dates. I don’t Have to be at every meeting, I just happen to have been at the vast majority of them.

2 Likes

50% of our regular Friday group (@billigog) can’t make it today so there will be no SSIW group meet up in the Ivy Bush tonight, St David’s day. Instead I’m going to a Welsh language service in St Teilo’s Church, Llandeilo, where. I’m sure, everyone is welcome. 7pm start.