Clonc-edigion - The Touring Ceredigion Meet Up

Enjoy tomorrow everyone. :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Sorry, I can’t make it tomorrow. I have to go to Newtown, which is in the opposite direction. I’ve been trying to think of ways of doing the round trip, but it just doesn’t fit. Hope you all enjoy yourselves!

1 Like

Right, just about to leave for Aber! Looking forward to seeing all who can make it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a quick post to say it was lovely to meet some of you Cerdigionites. I’d met most of you before, if only briefly, but it was nice to meet Huw for the first time.

I can definitely recommend the Byrgyr restaurant and I’m sure I’ll go there again on future visits to Aber.

3 Likes

It was a great pleasure for me, too, Margaret. I hope it won’t be too long before we meet again.
It was my first time in y Byrgyr but it won’t be my last.
The last time I ate in that room, I think it was a Thai restaurant!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the next knees-up now!

4 Likes

Had a great time. Byrgyr were great too.

Thinking caps on for next month all!

“Biggish” places yet to be visited:

Cardigan
New Quay
Aberaeron
Lampeter
Newcastle Emlyn
Machynlleth (as long as everyone has their Ceredigion passports)

Any other towns I’m missing?

1 Like

OK, October’s Clonc-edigion then…

Let’s decide the venue first… then the date next.

The way I see it, we have the following biggies still left before we need to start scratching our heads…

Cardigan - Crwst. New-ish and really really nice. All Welsh speaking staff.
Machynlleth - Caffi Alys. Outside of county lines but a lovely place. All Welsh speaking staff.
New Quay - The Bluebell. The smallest but also quite new. Have been able to order in Welsh before with no problems.
Lampeter - Contis. Lovely cafe in the centre of town. All Welsh speaking.

I’ve left this multiple option, so if you like more than one, we’ll do it.

• Aberteifi/Cardigan, Crwst
  • Machynlleth, Caffi Alys
  • Ceinewydd/New Quay, The Bluebell
  • Llambed/Lampeter, Contis Cafe

0 voters

I’ve voted for the nearest, but I’d be happy with all four. I didn’t vote for all four because it would neutralise my vote. :smile:

4 Likes

I’ll leave it to those in Ceredigion to decide, as of course the whole of Ceredigion should be covered, with occasional forays over the boundary. I’ll come when the meet-up isn’t too far away, or offers home-made cake.

2 Likes

Total nonsense! You are a Clonc-edigion-er as much as the rest of us. Even if you do pay council tax to a different council. Get that vote in!

1 Like

I voted and I’m an hours drive from Cardigan. I shamelessly voted for the nearest venue to me. :joy:

1 Like

If anyone really does have a moral objection to voting because they don’t come from Ceredigion, I will be more than happy to let you pay a month’s worth of my Ceredigion Council Tax, if this makes you feel easier about voting and joining us.

…Please form an orderly queue!

2 Likes

Hope a disorderly queue will do.

2 Likes

I hope that a few people will cross the border to come to the Gŵyl Owain Glyndŵr this weekend, Friday evening through Saturday. On Saturday morning, there will be games for learners in Siop Siarad or just meet for an SSiW chat in Caffi Alys.

I’ll upload the poster tomorrow.

1 Like

I got greedy and neutralised my vote. I want to go to them all though! Preferably all at the same time…

1 Like

@Isata
I want to go to them all though! Preferably all at the same time…

Remind me to talk about “quantum entanglement” (yng ngymraeg, wrth cwrs) when we meet and the challenges in scaling that up to " Isata entanglement". :smile:

3 Likes

I’ll hold you to that!

1 Like

I propose that the above mentioned 4 places could be our next 4 anyway - in an order of most popular in October, to least popular at the end :slight_smile:

Will someone split up Crwst and Contis though? Seeing them both level is un-nerving!!

Shall we say voting closes on the weekend?

2 Likes

I second, third and fourth that suggestion. :smile:

2 Likes