Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

Diolch yn fawr iawn @jenny-5!! :slight_smile: All of the entries are really lovely - well done everyone who took part! There are so many really talented people learning Welsh! Its amazing!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Andy #79, @BronwenLewis, @nia.llywelyn and Donna #4 for your Christmas cards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wish all of you wonderful people in the club a very merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Donna at #4? Or Aled @Camilla_Walker? :smile:

Ooops, I’m sorry, I meant Donna #41.
Thank you for pointing it out to me, Nia :smile:

1 Like

Been so late to send replies to those who have sent my cards from outside the UK I’ve been so busy that I haven’t been able to get to the post office. Better late than never? I also forgot to hunt for more postcards. I can’t get any where I live so online it has to be. I blame Christmas

3 Likes

Fy cerdyn newydd. Mae pump yn mynd heddiw i Gymru, Lloegr, Ffrainc a Chanada. Cyngerdd Beatles es i iddo yn 1963.

Andy #79

5 Likes

Just received my first postcard.This one from Nia. I have sent a reply plus one to the member number after me.

It turns out that writing is a whole other ball game when there is no one to check how correct the welsh is. The online translate ‘thingys’ just mess all my welsh up completely. They don’t know anything! Still this process focuses my mind.

Looking forward to receiving and sending more cardiau post.

6 Likes

Hi, can I ask if someone has to be a learner with SSiW to be in the postcard club? My sister has a friend who she thinks would love to be in. She’s part of a weekly Welsh group but not a SSiW learner. Diolch!

1 Like

Not at all, they don’t have to be a learner with SSiW, in fact, they don’t even have to be a learner at all. The club is open to anyone who wants to exchange postcards yn Gymraeg. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s true @elliefish , diolch @Hendrik

2 Likes

Don’t worry, many people are in a similar position, I am sure.
You might be interested in this link for postcards. (although there are many on line plus phone apps too)
This chap has postcards he has taken himself from all over Wales.
Dave Newbold
https://www.origins-photography.co.uk/acatalog/Postcards.html

2 Likes

Brilliant thanks, I’ll pass on the details!

1 Like

Thanks Hendrik!

Hi Jen, I use an app called Touchnote on my phone to turn my photos into postcards to send to family - (haven’t done this for this clwb yet) but if you buy packs of credits (say 10 at a time) they end up less than £2 each and that includes UK delivery. It works even if you are abroad as they are printed by them and posted from the UK. Perhaps you are abroad yourself but there may be an alternative app? Just an idea…

1 Like

Thanks, @annmoore - I couldn’t resist a few of these (including the special offers) and will soon have enough postcards to write to a million Welsh speakers, as they join the club…

1 Like

I did see this. Liked the idea although I prefer to write them by hand. I live in South Wales but not in an area where they sell postcards

If you’re not too fussy about what appears on the front of the postcard you can get multipacks of them online pretty cheaply. Places like Amazon, eBay, Etsy etc do a wide range of interesting cards with a variety of themes. You can find recycled/eco friendly ones too! Hope that helps

2 Likes

I make my own on the computer with my own photos or things from the web and print them on card. I usually send about 6 each time including one or two abroad working out up and down the list from my number (#79). I write them all by hand as, after working out what I want to say, I find the repetition reinforces the language learning.

It’s been great getting cards from others too. Diolch I bawb.

3 Likes

unnamed

It’s been so cool getting postcards from everyone! I feel bad I can’t do more than the requisite once per month (postcards are expensive here in Llundain +ADHD brain making me forget) but I always get excited when I have a note from my dorm reception saying I have a new letter to collect. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you Nia for my card today. :two_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I posted three today too :smile:

1 Like