Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

Maybe at the wool Museum?

1 Like

6 Likes

Very nice idea, a pic while posting it, and see mailboxes from different countries too! :slight_smile:

p.s. even though I live in a big city, it’s not obvious finding postcards outside the touristy areas. Funny that when I started writing on the one I bought, I noticed it was printed by a company named “Aros” :astonished: -that doesn’t mean anything in Italian.
It was meant for Wales and Welsh language right from the start! :wink:

3 Likes

Aled is one of the select group of people who have been interviewed by a Welsh-speaking orang-utan.

6 Likes

Not easy finding postcards at all these days. It’s been that long since I’ve written one I addressed the first one to myself and had to go and get another. Ha :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

And it’s off!

3 Likes

Doniol iawn @Macky :joy:

I deleted ny name fron list no1, by trying to rearrange things!

No wonder I haven’t received any !

But a lot of people are going to receive postcards after this weekend :smile::wink::smile:

2 Likes

Da iawn @AddiT, are you happy I include the card ( with no name attached) on the facebook page we have? Diolch

Ie, go ahead!

1 Like

…and I’ve asked him for a hangout, but he never replied @robbruce

:joy:

And his friend Steffan who’s also helping, now living in Berlin is quite famous :smile:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steffan_Cravos

Wow that’s lots of cards. :scream_cat:

1 Like

Great to know! I’m a big fan of bird watching myself. I’ve got hold of a few cards. Now for the stamps…

1 Like

I had to endure the post office lady glaring at me while I fumbled around trying to buy stamps for you. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s always difficult. Often the post offices around here don’t have the international stamps, and I have to figure out how many domestic stamps to use. And getting to the post office is a right pain in the Atlanta area. Enough moaning…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I skipped the post office and ordered a few sheets of international stamps off the USPS website. It’s the same price that the post office charges. The mail carrier will deliver them along with your regular mail (and postcards). It’s worth looking into as you’ll only need to use one international stamp rather than three regular stamps.

2 Likes

Indeed.

I might set aside some time to making some postcards. I don’t really fancy sending touristy ones.

3 Likes

Postcard sent: :grinning:

4 Likes

Who likes vintage postcards better than newer ones?
(assuming I’m going to find also brand new ones in the centre, or in other towns I might be visiting and decide to send postcards from)!

Warning: not necessarily nice old B&W and collectible-looking. Some - especially from 80s-90s quite bad taste, but funny! :smiley:

2 Likes

We’ll be having workshops soon and I believe Aled and Steffan will set one up ( for the lucky Welsh speakers / learners living) in Berlin when he’s over there in a couple of weeks

1 Like