Coventry meetup, looking for additional dates and venues

Update, the new year meetings for the Coventry/Rugby groups are:
Coventry - Wednesdays Jan 9, Feb 14, March 14 (Litten Tree pub, 6.30 pm)
Rugby - Saturdays Jan 16, Feb 19, March 19 (Wyevale Garden Centre cafe, 10.30 am)

Thanks
Andy
@Deborah-SSi

Diolch @andyjone but do you mean Feb 13 and Mar 13 for the Coventry meetups?

And the dates you’ve given for Rugby are not Saturdays.

1 Like

Oh yes @Deborah-SSi so wed jan 9, Feb 13, mar 13
Sat jan 19, Feb 16, mar 16

Got my 9s and 6s mixed up!

Diolch
Andy

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I just want to remind Coventry and Warwickshire and Northamptonshire people that the next Saturday meeting at the Wyevale Centre is the 19th as stated above, NOT the 12th as I wrongly announced at the meeting tonight.

Thanks everyone for coming over tonight, we had a really nice evening.

Andy

2 Likes

Hi @Deborah-SSi, please could you add the Rugby SSIW group’s dates to the calendar - we meet on the third Saturday of the month, 10.30 a.m. at the Wyevale Garden Centre cafe, Straight Mile, Bourton-on-Dunsmore, Warwickshire CV23 9QQ so our next meetings are Jan 19, Feb 16 and March 16. Anyone interested can contact me or @alice9.

Thanks
Andy xx

1 Like

Thanks Andy. I’ve updated it in the list now. I had it under Bourton-on-Dunsmore, but I’ve changed it to Rugby now and put “3rd Sat of the month”

:slight_smile:

Thanks @Deborah-SSi - I didn’t think to look under Bourton-on-Dunsmore but I think it’s better under Rugby anyway :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like

Ydy grwp hwn dal yn cyfarfod pob mis?

@Cilgwri Ydy. Dyn ni’n cyfarfod fore dydd Sadwrn nesaf, yr 16fed, am hanner awr wedi deg.

1 Like

Shwmae pawb,

We talked about online Welsh Speaking Practice (WSP for short) at yesterday’s meeting at the Garden Centre cafe. WSP is set up and managed by SaySomethinginWelsh, but it’s free to join, free to use and anyone can join. The idea of it is an online community of people who want to practice speaking Welsh online to each other. This can be by 1:1 sessions or in group chats (Google hangouts).

WSP uses a platform called Slack, which can be downloaded as an app for phone / tablet, or logged on to using a website. If you want to get set up on this, email admin@saysomethingin.com with the subject title “WSP” for an invite.

When admin emails you back to say it’s set up, either download the Slack app and go to https://welshspeakingpractice.slack.com/ or go directly to https://welshspeakingpractice.slack.com/ using the internet browser on your PC.

You can also watch this YouTube video to see how to set up Slack - although this youtube video is for the 6 months welsh course Slack, so remember that the https://welshspeakingpractice.slack.com/ is slightly different but very similar.

Pob lwc! Let me know how you get on.

4 Likes

Shwmae pawb yn y grwp Coventry (@mintonman, @andyjone, @lornarhodes, @TrevorJones2, @peter-lockyer and all), just a quick note to stay in touch! I’ve missed the last few months of meetups and will also miss the garden centre meetup tomorrow because of other commitments, but am looking forward to getting to a meetup in September! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @david-davies look forward to seeing you when you are back on the scene :slight_smile: -)

1 Like

Me too. This summer has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Hoping all are well… Met a Bangor Uni English graduate in Dudley yesterday, and I hope we can make a little Dudley “cell”… Love, greetings, apologies and best wishes to all the Coventry group. x L

Ah, is it soon, Wetherspoons Welsh Wednesday, Coventry?

Yep this Wednesday :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have unsubscribed from these meetups since I no longer live in leamington, I have moved to prestatyn. I am stating some face to face begginner classes there , hopefully easy to start.

Thank you for all your help.

3 Likes

Thanks @Gordon - best of luck with the classes and congrats on the move to Prestatyn! Lovely town.

1 Like