Dathlu Dysgu Cymraeg week on BBC Radio Cymru 10/10/2020 📻

Starting tomorrow Saturday the 10th of October, BBC Radio Cymru are launching a week of a fascinating array of programmes to celebrate Welsh Learners called Wythnos Dathlu Dysgu Cymraeg. From interviews with learners, to learners choosing their favourite music, to learner reunions, to learners taking over Radio Cymru and hosting their own programmes, there’s plenty for everyone!

It’s going to be a fascinating week filled with contributions from SSiWers from all over the world.

Here’s what’s in store during the week - see how many SSiWeers you can spot!

Sadwrn/Saturday 10fed

8:30am - Ar y Marc
Rhaglen yn trafod pêl-droed. Fun and football chat.

5:30am - Marc Griffiths
Cysylltwch â’r rhaglen i ofyn i Marc ddarllen eich cyfarchion a chwarae cân yn arbennig i chi. Get in touch and request your favourite song.

Sul/Sunday 11eg

18:30pm - Dyddiadur Dysgwr yn y Byd
Beca Brown sy’n ein cyflwyno i rai o ddysgwyr Cymraeg y byd. Beca Brown introduces us Welsh learners from across the world.

Llun/Monday 12fed

7:00am - Post Cyntaf
Cyfweliad byw gyda Efa Gruffudd. Prif Weithredwr Canolfan Dysgu Cymraeg. An interview with Efa Gruffudd, Chief Executive of The
National Centre for Learning Welsh.

9:00am - Aled Hughes
Cyfarfod Kai Saraceno o’r Ffindir sydd wedi dysgu Cymraeg. Kai Saraceno from Finland shares his experiences of learning Welsh.

10:00am - Bore Co thi
Aduniad rhwng Cetra Coverdale Pearson a’r siopwraig o Wynedd wnaeth ei hysgogi i ddysgu Cymraeg. A reunion between Cetra Coverdale Pearson and the shopkeeper who inspired her to learn Welsh.

14:00yp - Ifan Evans
Bydd criw o ddysgwyr yn cipio’r awenau i gyflwyno hanner awr o raglen am dri o’r gloch. A group of learners take the reigns and present the show at three.

19:00yp - Rhys Mwyn
I gyd fynd â’r Siart Amgen, bydd dysgwyr yn dewis eu hoff draciau “amgen” Cymraeg ar y rhaglen. A group of learners choose their favourite alternative music.

20:00yh - Bwletin Newyddion
Y penawdau newyddion wedi eu cyflwyno yn arbennig ar gyfer dysgwyr.

10:00pm – Geraint Lloyd
Geraint sy’n rhoi sylw i diwtoriaid ar ‘y shifft hwyr’. Nia Llywelyn yw’r tiwtor heno. Geraint meets Welsh tutors on the late shift. Nia Llywelyn is tonight’s guest.

Mawrth/Tuesday 13eg

8:30yb – Aled Hughes
Shaun Mc Govern o’r UDA sy’n rhannu ei phrofiadau o gyfarfod siaradwyr iaith gynta am y tro cynta. Shaun McGovern from the USA share her experiences of meeting first language Welsh speakers for the first time.

10:00yb - Bore Cothi
Janet Tabor yw’re gwestsai heddiw. Janet Tabor is today’s guest.

Bydd criw o ddysgwyr yn cipio’r awenau i gyflwyno hanner awr o raglen am dri o’r gloch. A group of learners take the reigns and present the show at three.

19:00yh Hwyrnos Georgia Ruth
Geordan Burress o’r UDA a’r cerddor ac athro ioga Rajesh David sy’n dewis traciau Tiwno Mas. Geordan Burress and Rajesh David choose their favourite chill out music.

Y penawdau newyddion wedi cyflwyno yn arbennig ar gyfer dysgwyr. The latest news headlines presented especially for learners.

22:00yh - Geraint Lloyd
Eilir Jones yw’r tiwtor gwadd heno ar y shifft hwyr. Eilir Jones is tonight’s guest on the late shift.

Mercher/Wednesday 14eg

7:00yb - Sioe Frecwast Radio Cymru 2
Francesca Elena Sciarrillo, enillydd Medal y Dysgwyr yn Eisteddfod Genedlaethol yr Urdd 2019 yn dewis traciau ar y Sioe Frecwast gyda Daf a Caryl. Elena Sciarrillo, winner of the National Eisteddfod’s Learner of Year award in 2019 chooses her favourite music.

8:30yb - Aled Hughes
Sgwrs gyda Nicky Davies o’r Rhondda am y gymuned Gymraeg. Nicky Davies from the Rhondda shares his experiences of learning Welsh.

Shân yn cyfarfod dysgwr o ardal newydd, a Nigel Owen yn darllen rhan o’ lyfr C’Mon Reff. Shân meets another learner, and Nigel Owens shares an extract from his book C’mon Reff.

Bydd dysgwr newydd yn cipio yr awenau i gyflwyno hanner awr o raglen am 3 o’r gloch. A new learner takes the reigns to present the show at 3.

20:00 - Bwletin Newyddion
Y penawdau newyddion wedi cyflwyno yn arbennig ar gyfer dysgwyr. The latest news headlines presented especially for learners.

22:00 - Geraint
Geraint sy’n rhoi sylw i diwtoriaid ar ‘y shifft hwyr’. Sandra De Pol yw’r tiwtor heno. Geraint meets another tutor on the late shift.

Iau/Thursday 15fed

7:00yb – Post Cyntaf

8:30yb - Aled Hughes
Isata Kanneh a’i phrofiadau o ddysgu Cymraeg fel person o gefndir lleiafrifol. Isata Kanneh shares her experiences of learning Welsh as a person from a minority backgroun.

Sgwrs gyda dysgwr newydd. Shân gets to know a new learner.

Bydd dysgwyr newydd yn cipio’r awenau i gyflwyno hanner awr o raglen am 3 o’r gloch. A new learner takes the reigns to present the show at 3.

07:00yh - Byd Huw Stephens
Pixy Jones o’r band El Goodo sy’n cyflwyno ei ddewisiadau cerddorol yn y mics gwaith cartref. Mae Pixy wedi bod yn dysgu Cymraeg ers rhai blynyddoedd, ac yn ddiweddar wedi rhyddhau y gân gyntaf iddo ei chyfansoddi yn y Gymraeg. Huw gets to know Pixy Jones, a musician who has learnt Welsh and recently released his first Welsh language song.

22:00yh - Geraint Lloyd

Geraint sy’n rhoi sylw i diwtoriaid ar ‘y shifft hwyr’. Tomos Hopkins yw’r tiwtor heno. Geraint meets another tutor on the late shift.

Gwener/Friday 16eg

Sgwrs gyda dysgwr arall. An opportunity to meet another learner.

Y penawdau newyddion wedi cyflwyno yn arbennig ar gyfer dysgwyr. The latest news headlines presented especially for learners .

22:00yh Geraint Lloyd
Geraint sy’n rhoi sylw i diwtoriaid ar ‘y shifft hwyr’. Jonathan Perry yw’r tiwtor heno. Geraint meets another tutor on the late shift.

To find out more and to get involved with current discussions -

Website www.bbc.co.uk/radiocymru
Twitter @bbcradiocymru
Facebook @bbcradiocymru
Instagram @bbcradiocymru

And finally, here are the hashtags Radio Cymru will using during that week to bring everyone together, so please use them! :slight_smile:

#DathluDysgu

#DathluDysguCymraeg

#LearnCymraeg

Oh, and not forgetting this one -

#SaySomethinginWelsh

11 Likes

Please use this thread for any discussion about all programmes and events of Dathlu Dysgu Cymraeg Week! :slight_smile:

Here are some of the learners and SSiW team who have contributed, and are contributing to this special week of programmes -

@beca-brown
@Novem
@Cetra
@grdnlyb
@Isata
@nia.llywelyn
@gruntius
@tatjana
@Hendrik
@MarcusWhitfield
@oliver-llewellyn

Nina Bentley
Clare Brathmere

8 Likes

Also @ceri-francis @nigelh @Gareth @carin-harris @nataliesanders @janine :smile:
They will be on Ifan Evan’s afternoon programme on Radio Cymru at 3 pm, 15:00 on Wednesday :star:

8 Likes

Diolch Nia! :slight_smile:

Everything on Aled Hughes’ show is the project I posted about a week or two ago if anyone’s interested in seeing the results! I used your stories to plan what to focus on in each interview/conversation thing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
Arbennig o dda!!!
Wi’n crio a dwi’n mor falch i fod rhan o teulu ssiw

Especially good!!!
I am crying and I am so proud to be a part of the ssiw family.

8 Likes

I have just listened to @beca-brown’s programme, talking to some very familiar voices. Just amazing what some people have achieved in such a short time. Mind-blowing and inspirational. Congratulations to everyone! I hope it will be a huge plug for Say Something In Welsh.

9 Likes

I’ve just listened to ‘Dyddiadur Dysgwr yn y Byd’, and I was very impressed! It was lovely to hear again the dulcet tones of @tatjana singing ‘Siarad Cymraeg’, and to hear our fellow SSiWers across the world speaking such confident Welsh.

If, though, like me, it’s taking you longer than 3 months (looking at you, @oliver-llewellyn!) to get to grips with Welsh, don’t let these high achievers make you feel despondent about your own progress. Some of us have been learning Welsh for years, and haven’t reached that level of fluency yet. But we’re on the same journey - we’re just taking our time to stop and admire the view!

14 Likes

Wow @beca-brown! What a brilliant programme! :heart_eyes: Longyfarchiadau to everyone who took part! You are all amazing! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Huge congratulations to everyone who took part in this - it’s an incredible achievement to take part in a radio programme in a new language - and huge congratulations to Beca for putting such an excellent programme together - I think it’s incredibly important that Radio Cymru listeners get this kind of insight into what it’s like to become a Welsh speaker as an adult… :star: :star2:

10 Likes

And you’re being reunited with the shopkeeper on air this week?! Am gyffrous!
Roeddet ti’n wych yn rhaglen heno - llongyfarchiadau!

6 Likes

You make an excellent point, Bronwen. It’s certainly not a competition. Dal ati!

4 Likes

Sadly, the shopkeeper couldn’t make it :frowning: but I was pleased to hear that he’s still in the shop and keeping safe in these difficult times :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was an amazing programme!!

Llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn to everyone who took part, you were all fabulous. It was so interesting and you all came across as warm and enthusiastic Welsh Speakers. Diolch!

8 Likes

Ah ok, because it’s still in the line-up! Are you still speaking on Shan Cothi though?

Don’t think so…

Oh boo! I’ve just told people on my fb to tune in… :pensive:

Oh, thank you! I was impressed how they implemented the song into the whole thing!

It was lovely to take part in this program and, oh yah, it’s heard from all aspects of my talking that I was just about to go on holidays after recording my part.

Thank you @beca-brown for inviting me into your show and thank you and BBC for including my (probably) only rap it was ever written by me in Welsh.

Llongyfarchiadau to all who participated in the program and to all of those who still have their part to play in this week’s events. You’re all amazing!

Diolch yn fawr iawn SSi! Thank you to this amazing community also!

Hwyl! :slight_smile:
Tatjana

6 Likes

This is the week that I’m finally going to overcome my horror of Radio Cymru! Thanks, Kai and Shaun, for your interesting contributions to the Aled Hughes show; I’m looking forward to the rest of Kai’s interviews during the week. [Tip: listening to Kai is every bit as good for your synapses as the speeded-up listening exercises on SSiW…]

5 Likes

I’ve just been on Radio Cymru as part of this! I’m one of the four learners who got to choose a track to be played on Rhys Mwyn’s show and I managed to get a SSiW plug in as I may not have got to learn Welsh if it wasn’t for all you lovely peeps here on SSiW.

9 Likes