East Coast Time Zone Meetup Beginning

Wow! LOL. It seems the grwp Cymraeg saved the day. :).

2 Likes

Depends on who you ask :rofl: My Wife disagrees.

1 Like

OMG your poor wife (and daughter) - I hope you all feel better very soon! Sue

1 Like

That’s quite a story! I hope everyone is feeling better now! (And hope you are out of the doghouse. Maybe a nice bouquet of flowers for your wife would do the trick? :grin: )

1 Like

Wow!

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

Hoping everyone had a good weekend! Daughter only had the one bad incident. I think it was either too much sugar or something bad in the DQ ice-cream she ate.

For this week’s story, tell us about a fun adventure you had. It doesn’t have to be a trip somewhere. An adventure could be a debate with a person/group with a strong differing viewpoint, or overcoming a daunting challenge. See you all on Thursday.

I’d like to share this video made by Nicky. He shows the 4 ways to use the past tense in Welsh and when to use them. 12 minutes of brilliance.

4 Likes

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Hoping everyone had a good weekend! Daughter only had the one bad incident. I think it was either too much sugar or something bad in the DQ ice-cream she ate.

For this week’s story, tell us about a fun adventure you had. It doesn’t have to be a trip somewhere. An adventure could be a debate with a person/group with a strong differing viewpoint, or overcoming a daunting challenge. See you all on Thursday.

I’d like to share this video made by Nicky. He shows the 4 ways to use the past tense in Welsh and when to use them. 12 minutes of brilliance.

Just watched, great help

1 Like

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Diolch am rannu pawb! (Thank for sharing everyone!) We had another fun meet up and learned about shopping in another country without knowing much of the language, getting lost with children, flying-trapeze lessons and zip lining!

Wela i chi i gyd dydd Iau nesaf!

2 Likes

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

Diolch am rannu pawb! (Thank for sharing everyone!) We had another fun meet up and learned about shopping in another country without knowing much of the language, getting lost with children, flying-trapeze lessons and zip lining!

Wela i chi i gyd dydd Iau nesaf!

1 Like

It was fun!
But I have to ask,”what color clothes was everyone wearing?” :crazy_face:

1 Like

Lol. It was a fun time last night. Hope you all have a good week. I won’t be able to make it next week so tan y tro nesa.

1 Like

O na! Oedd e’n ddiwrnod prysur iawn a wnes i anghofio!

Oh no! It was a really busy day and I forgot! And I can’t join in next week because I have a family event. :slightly_frowning_face: So I’ll see you all in April!

1 Like

So sorry I missed joining you. Was invited out for dinner at the last minute (am fy mab)

1 Like

There can only be one answer, melyn! :rofl: Ti’n gofyn y cwestionau gorau!

@rdavidclark - Thanks for the heads up, but you’ll miss out on next week’s question, “What color are you clothes?” It’s a psychological questionnaire thing. :smiley:

@AnnaC and @SusanDavies - Paid â phoeni amdani. Life’s busy and dinner with children is always important. Hope life is a bit slower and we see you next week.

3 Likes

Noswaith da, Pawb:

It will be good to see everyone this Thursday! This week’s question is what is your favorite Welsh tv show/movie/radio station or song, and why. If you don’t have a Welsh ‘something’ yet, then tell us about your favorite thing and why.

Here’s another Nicky video with three new words to add to our vocabulary. If you fast forward to about 50 seconds is where the lesson begins. Extra points if you can use any of the three words in Thursday’s meet up and bonus extra points to anyone who recognizes any of them!

2 Likes

Noswaith da, Pawb:

It will be good to see everyone this Thursday! This week’s question is what is your favorite Welsh tv show/movie/radio station or song, and why. If you don’t have a Welsh ‘something’ yet, then tell us about your favorite thing and why.

Here’s another Nicky video with three new words to add to our vocabulary. If you fast forward to about 50 seconds is where the lesson begins. Extra points if you can use any of the three words in Thursday’s meet up and bonus extra points to anyone who recognizes any of them!

1 Like

Ummm…did you know:
"Huw Stephens has also teamed up with the award-winning Cardiff brewery, Crafty Devil, to create a bespoke beer to celebrate the day.

The 4.5% pale ale will be called ‘Bwrw Cwrw’, which means ‘Raining Beer’ in Welsh, named after a song by Welsh Patagonian René Griffiths, and will have a hoppy and light flavour."

2 Likes

Hi! I will try to be there. I am in desperation mode with finding a new job and might need to take tonight to search and tweak my resume. But if I can get a sufficient amount completed I will be there!!

Paid a phoeni, Kelley. This is very important to you. Do what you need to do. Cymraeg bydd yma o hyd. Welsh will always be here.

1 Like