East Coast Time Zone Meetup Beginning

Ah-ha! I knew I missed something! Diolch yn fawr!

1 Like

I really liked diymdrech - that was my favorite new word.

1 Like

easy mnemonnic = tetris

2 Likes

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Bore da, Pawb:

This weekā€™s question is a hypothetical. You won $100k in a scratch-off lottery ticket. Itā€™s not enough to retire on, but certainly large enough to something with. What do you do with it?

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies

Bore da, Pawb:

This weekā€™s question is a hypothetical. You won $100k in a scratch-off lottery ticket. Itā€™s not enough to retire on, but certainly large enough to something with. What do you do with it?

1 Like

Sorry @delawarejones , Iā€™m feeling too wiped out today. Have fun, and see you next week! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Paid Ć¢ phoeni, Sasha. No worries. Enjoy the weekend! Wela i ti wythnos nesaf. (Iā€™ll see you next week)

1 Like

@AnnaC @johnowen @sasha-lathrop @matt-oliver @markevans @zrtemp @katie-13 @SusanDavies
Noswaith da, Pawb:

This weekā€™s topic of conversation is, tell the group when someone said something to you that was totally unexpected and surprising.

Wela i chi y gyd nos Iau (See you all Thursday night)!

@jennifer-thomas-mend @violetsnow @Allison @laurawydapszeniczny @sarah-17 @Bobi @matt-oliver @KellyMoore @rdavidclark

Noswaith da, Pawb:

This weekā€™s topic of conversation is, tell the group when someone said something to you that was totally unexpected and surprising.

Wela i chi y gyd nos Iau (See you all Thursday night)!

I still canā€™t think of anything to talk about, but Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll come along anywayā€¦ I can probably say something about how I donā€™t know what to say. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Helo, Pawb:

For this weekā€™s meeting, please tell the group which person/group real or imaginary has had the most influence in your life.

Itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve posted the contact info - here it is:
THIS IS A WEEKLY MEETING EACH THURSDAY AT 7PM EST . All are welcome to join .

Conference Information below: You can either call-in via the call-in number or video-conference.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 475-4896

Access code: 267527#

Online meeting ID: delawarejones

Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/delawarejones

Helo, Pawb:

For this weekā€™s meeting, please tell the group which person/group real or imaginary has had the most influence in your life.

Itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve posted the contact info - here it is:
THIS IS A WEEKLY MEETING EACH THURSDAY AT 7PM EST . All are welcome to join .

Conference Information below: You can either call-in via the call-in number or video-conference.

Dial-in number (US): (605) 475-4896

Access code: 267527#

Online meeting ID: delawarejones

Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/delawarejones

2 Likes

Helo,

Iā€™m still a pretty new Welsh speaker (Iā€™m in Level 1 Challenge 4). Iā€™m interested in coming tomorrow assuming I get out of work in time, but should I plan on waiting a week or two until I get through more challenges?

2 Likes

Croeso MaryWagers! Welcome!

Feel free to join anytime. The goal of this group is to help one another learn to speak Welsh comfortably. And the best way to do that is to have conversations with other Welsh speakers. We are NOT fluent, but every one of us is a Welsh speaker, and by Challenge four, you are, too!

Our format is to say one sentence in Welsh and translate it into English. There are always new words and phrases, so this format allows for everyone to learn. If you donā€™t know the Welsh equivalent, then say it in English, even if you can only say four words of Welsh in a sentence. Truthfully, we do speak a lot of English in the meetings.

I had psyched myself up to call in tonight, but it looks like instead Iā€™ll be getting stuff ready for when a maintenance person comes to try and fix my air conditioning/trying to help get my dog cooled down. Sigh.

Next week my sister is in town, but I should be able to call in the week after that.

Noswaith da, Pawb:

Iā€™m sorry I have to cancel this weekā€™s meeting. I have a meeting that I must attend tomorrow evening. We will catch up on the following week.

Mwnhewch y penwythos :sunflower:

Noswaith da, Pawb:

Iā€™m sorry I have to cancel this weekā€™s meeting. I have a meeting that I must attend tomorrow evening. We will catch up on the following week.

Mwnhewch y penwythos :sunflower:

Helo, Pawb:

I have to pause the weekly meetups for the next 3-4 months. I feel bad about it, but I need to use all my available time to study for additional certifications for my job and career. I will still be on the forum every now and then, because Cymru and Cymraeg is a part of my life and I donā€™t want to lose it. After earning my certs, Iā€™ll hit everyone up again. Enjoy the summer!

1 Like

Helo, Pawb:

I have to pause the weekly meetups for the next 3-4 months. I feel bad about it, but I need to use all my available time to study for additional certifications for my job and career. I will still be on the forum every now and then, because Cymru and Cymraeg is a part of my life and I donā€™t want to lose it. After earning my certs, Iā€™ll hit everyone up again. Enjoy the summer!

1 Like

Totally understood. Best wishes on your studies!
Fyddwn ni ddim yn stopa siarad Cymraeg!
(We wonā€™t stop speaking Welsh!)

2 Likes