Format of skype practice

I wasn’t logged in on the iPad when the laptop told me my Skype account didn’t exist!

Anybody else some ideas? I’ve run out of them.

@henddraig

To work out what Microsoft account your Skype account is linked to, visit
https://secure.skype.com/portal/account/settings
and sign in with your Skype user name (henddraig) and password

To work out what Skype account your Microsoft account is linked to, visit
https://account.microsoft.com/profile
and sign in with your Microsoft email (@Hotmail.com, @outlook.com, @live.com etc)
and then click the link that says “Go to your Skype profile”

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr. From this I found that I could login. As I have failed to logout since, I am now not sure in which name, but I can Skype on the laptop and will use it on Thursday evening!!
Oh, if I want to logout if skype on the lap top, ideas???

I can confirm that @henddraig now has no excuse not to use skype! well apart from toffi!

2 Likes

I’ve seen @henddraig online earlier at the afternoon also … :slight_smile:

Thank you for useful information @jamesmahoney. I didn’t even think about that.

1 Like

When did you see me, @tatjana? I didn’t think I’d seen you!

I was breafly on at around 4 pm your time while traveling by bus. You were marked as away so it could be you didn’t see me.

Don’t remember exactly. Certainly didn’t see a request for contact!
I am rather unwilling to read all the mailings in this thread. Are there any conventions I should know before a group Skype on Thursday? I should as you, @ramblingjohn as well.? Do people all talk at once or is there some signal like passing the peace pipe? If a person has said nothing for ages, do you ask if they are OK? Understanding? Dead? There? :wink:

More like uncontrolled chaos which works out fine, (rather like traffic when the traffic lights have failed).

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

24 hours to Skype launch.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

There we are then, one and half hours of cymaraeg, da iawn pawd.
Always words that i have forgoten appear, so it really is useful.

Two weeks to the 16th February 7 pm, as usual if a number of you wish to change to a different evening that is fine with me.

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

It was lovely to speak with everyone and I’m happy @henddraig finally took a deceision to join us. You’re speaking yn dda @henddraig. Perhaps we really should have a one-on-one Skype session once as I had a feeling you’d like to talk with me a bit more.

And @ramblingjohn it’s fine with me, but I surely wouldn’t want @brigitte would miss the sgwrs so another day then dydd Iau would perhaps be more perfect if there’s fine with others too.

1 Like

I checked population! Lochgilphead has about 2,300!
Cairnbaan isn’t listed as such, it’s just part of Lochgilphead. There is a severe shortage of hedgehogs. We had a lot more on Gower! Gwiwerod are much easier to find!
O, oedd y draenog Toffi yn cuddio yn y gegin!

2 Likes

The current day and time suits me fairly well.

1 Like

I managed OK. 7,15 would be easier, but I could always join in then anyway! I record R&R, so it didn’t matter that it was on at 7.30! I do wonder how you make your pictures light up pale blue borders when you are speaking or want to speak. As my mind goes totally blank at the sight of you all, it wouldn’t harm the session if I was not there as long as some. Toffi got fed up with the whole proceedings and became restless, so that, and the fact that an hour had passed, was why I departed.
@tatjana I would love to talk to you and/or @seren but not until I can contribute more sense than I did last evening!
to @philipnewton You are brilliant, so fluent and in such a short time!! Oh, and I was fascinated by your accent. It had a sort of rounded softness like sucking strawberries or chocolate. I, at first, started to think you were from Patagonia. I don’t think you sound Germanic at all!!

3 Likes

The answer is don’t worry about it, you can come and go as you wish.

Hopefully you noticed last night that when i noticed a message request (you couldn’t see it) from Brigitte that i added her to the conversation and we carried on.

While i did this the others continued conversing, so there was no interference with what was currently happening.

The blue border is part of the system to highlight who is speaking now, and you will soon start to ignore that because you are to busy listening or speaking or thinking.

The important and i think very useful part of these skype sessions (i have to keep reminding myself) as i hope you found last night is the normal SSIW idea of just let go and take part, everybody ran out of words at times and others helped with that.

I made mistakes and should be better than i am, but i didn’t notice anyone worrying about it, i did look up ‘Cam’ and now remember it means mis as well as step. You may feel you are struggling just as much next time, the important bit is it will be with different problems, so you will be moving forward ( heb sylweddoli) without realising. Enjoy dy gymraeg.

Cheers J.P.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @henddraig!

1 Like

Thursday were o.k. for me, too, if you started a bit later/ could speak a bit longer. Normally I come home at about 9 o’clock or 9.15, so if I knew that you’ll be still chatting I could join later.

1 Like

Hey, @henddraig, you did just fine. This time (ohhh, what a surprise really) I was with those, more quiet. I enjoyed listening and watching your cute dog when it showed on the screen. No matter she (she, yes?) doesn’t want to be TV star, there’s no way back. She already is a star. - haha! :slight_smile:

I remember @philipnewton hearing him speaking Slovak and that famous “Dober večer” when we were all in the group chat for the first time so I see him kind of multilinguist. Whatever you speak, Phillip it sounds soft and with good accent. :slight_smile:

Hwyl fawr pawb!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes