Apart from last weekend, every other SSiW party we’ve had has been small scale - one informal evening, light buffet, one special guest, lots of fun.
But this last weekend has opened our eyes as to what’s possible to achieve with ambition, creativity and some exceptional organisational skills from a dedicated team.
Many missed out on the 10th celebrations weekend and are asking when the next will be. Many who attended, had such a great time that they’re also asking when the next will be.
So this has got us thinking - what’s stopping us from doing it again? Rather than it specifically being a birthday celebration, it could be a mini festival? There are already a range of different venues, activities, artists and celebrities whirling around in my head. So we’re seriously beginning to put our feelers out and we want your opinion.
1) Would you be interested in attending an SSiW mini festival?
2) Do you think we should organise this for 2/3/4/5 years time, or further in the future?
3) Work and family wise, would you be able to attend a three day/two night(ish) event with plenty of notice?
4) In which month(s) of the year would you prefer to see something like this happening?
5) Thinking of venues - I am unable to organise on this kind of scale in a venue far from home, so unfortunately the Canolbarth or y De aren’t viable options. Therefore, which of these would you prefer for a weekend event,
6) We purposefully kept the ticket prices for this weekend to a minimum, because we wanted the opportunity to celebrate our learners, for the weekend to feel like a gift and be full of surprises. But if we were organise a SSiW festival in the future, what is the maximum ticket price you would be willing to pay for the whole weekend, without accommodation?
- Something else?
7) Which kind of activities would you like to see as part of the weekend?
8) Which artists/celebrities/authors/poets/special guests would you like to see taking part in the weekend?
Diolch in advance for any feedback. I look forward to collecting data and see where we go from here.