Golden opportunity to practice Welsh in Wales!

@siaronjames told me about this lunch and I hope I won’t be crashing? :)… BTW, @aran, I’m almost done with the application I promised you… it’s been a bit more convoluted than I imagined to deploy. :).

2 Likes

More the merrier - but be aware I’m not confirming until the Monday, in case anything has gone wonky over the weekend (my mother is moving to live with us on the Friday before!)… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can definitely be around from 12.30ish (it’ll just take a couple of minutes to walk up from the office!).

Ah - Baruch, in that case how about aiming for 12 instead of 11?

Unfortunately, I’m away for some of the time that you’re here but I will definitely come along to the Welsh class and I look forward to meeting you there …and having a pint or two afterwards!! :wink:

Siaron/Aran,
So let me check to avoid misunderstanding (anddeallt? How does one misunderstand in Cymraeg?): about 12 o’r gloch Tues 12 Sep Caffi Maes (good reviews!) Caernarfon? Any problems I can be emailed, and I’ll send my mobile number privately. Meeting two people! Iawn! Gwych!

Baruch

1 Like

Possibly meeting 3 if @Bobi can make it too! :wink:

Let’s go ahead and put 12.00 on the 12th in the diaries with the proviso that @aran will confirm on Monday 11th - I’ll be there*** even if anything crops up that prevents Aran getting there.

:slight_smile:

***Edit to say: I’ll be there as close to 12.30 as I can!

1 Like

That would be wonderful. If I get there before you, I’ll be the one lying under the table trying to mumble something in Welsh :slight_smile:

1 Like

Siaron: sounds good to me.

1 Like

I’ll be there!

2 Likes

Camddeall

3 Likes

Bobi,

It would be really nice if I were able to meet you also. The whole point of my trip to Wales is to practice my Welsh, and I can’t think of a better way to do it than with my fellow SSiW colleagues. It’s also nice to realise that behind our digital social media world there are actually real people. Great if we can meet up in Caernarfon.

Baruch

1 Like

Sounds great to me! I arrive in Wales the day before our scheduled lunch, probably early evening and will be there through Friday. I’ll pm you my contact details. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’ll be there too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you Chris!

Looks like I won’t be able to make it. Irma has killed my travel plans. I should be there later in the week, though. Y’all enjoy!

oh no! well whenever you do make it, travel safe and give me another shout - I get a lunch hour every day!

1 Like

The dreadful recent news coverage from the Caribbean and Southern US has made this sadly predictable. :frowning:

The Tresaith experience will wipe away (some of) the trauma. :smile:

1 Like

Yes it is predictable but hard to plan around… :slight_smile: if inconveniences to my travel plans are the worst things that happen I’m fine with that…

Hopefully I’ll get there earlier in the week rather than later. I’ll let you know as I know… Fingers Crossed!