How to set up and record to an account in SoundCloud

Possibly I should have posted this sooner in case anyone else has the same problem. When I started using Soundcloud I couldn’t upload recordings, but it turned out to be because you have to verify your account first. The verification email didn’t come through but once I got it resent and did as it asked, I was able to go ahead.

1 Like

Recording directly into Soundcloud didn’t work for me on my computer or my phone. However, on my computer there is a voice recorder which I used and then uploaded the track onto my Soundcloud account. Seems like they have either removed this function or changed its location somewhere I can’t find it!

I am having problems. I have downloaded Soundcloud onto my android but my mobile phone isn’t powerful enough to download it for me to record into. Another other suggestions please? diolch yn fawr - Therese

I clicked where l was a directed, but there was no “Create account” button. Please help. Thanks.

Hi Aran. Having a bit of trouble. I have downloaded the android app onto my android phone but the screen I have only offers me the chance to listen to music - it is completely different from yours above here. It does not have my name or the uption to upload. Do you know what I have done wrong? Thanks

It’s probably not you Tricia - Soundcloud itself has changed since SSiW first started using it as a platform to upload recordings, and lots of people now seem to have trouble with it. The tech team here are working on an alternative, but it’s not ready yet. I’m not familiar with apps at all, but maybe someone who is will know of a work-around. In the meantime, it’ll be fine to hang on to any recordings you do and post them at a later date.

2 Likes

If you open the Soundcloud app, you should see a black bar across the bottom. One of the icons in that black bar looks a bit like a row of books with one falling over slightly. Press that.

That should take you to a different screen. In the top right hand corner there should be a circle with a generic silhouette of a person in it. Press that.

On the next screen, you should see a list of options. One says ‘record’.

I’m just about at the end of my tether with sound cloud I’m spending too much time trying to sort it out and getting behind with my learning . Cani just do the challenges and skip the recordings please?

Hope this helps…

1 Like

To all frustrated SoundClouders, I’m having a Chatathon this Thursday, September 24th. It means I stay around all day, hoping people will chat to me on Slack WSP or Slack 6/6, Skype, Zoom, over the phone, or by shouting through my window. I like little chats of 3 to 30 minutes, north or south, any level, so if you need to practise your sentences or just say what you’ve learned so far to someone else, send me a private message!

2 Likes

That’s a fabulous offer not to be missed Bronwen! Diolch for your generosity of time and enthusiasm. I hope you have many learners joining you to liven up the day. :slight_smile:

I’m going to share a link to your message in another thread as well to increase the audience. :wink:

1 Like

I’m very frustrated with sound cloud but I am practicing speaking welsh with some other learners in the U3A in Llandudno via zoom. I feel that I am making progress. Dw,i wedi bod yn siarad cymraeg efo pobol yn y siop a Dw’in teimlo yn mwy hyderus bob tro.

That’s great, @gillian-boocock! Especially talking with people in the community - I still find that difficult sometimes, but it’s very rewarding, isn’t it, when you can have a real conversation?

1 Like

I am a music producer and am happy to answer questions.

I record and edit sound using a free app called Audacity. When you are done editing, convert your file to mp3 and Soundcloud should let you upload it.

Thanks for the offer @jenirizio-1 but we no longer use SoundCloud. We have our own in-house Recording Tool that comes with the structured courses.

No worries. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I use Soundcloud on MacOS?

You don’t need to use SoundCloud for anything in the course. If you’re doing the 6 Minutes course you’ll receive a custom-built Recording Tool in your weekly email when a task requires you to use it.

Pob hwyl!

1 Like

This problem’s solution is given but comes to the point of Android users how they record audio. For this they can use the easy voice recorder premium version download for free.