Learners in PortTalbot

Dear all, I would love to come along on Monday at 6.30pm. Hopefully will be back from collecting car by then
I think I have joined the port talbot channel in slack, but we will see!

3 Likes

Hi Joleen.
Yes, I can see that you are a member of the Slack Port Talbot channel group and also of the wider Slack WSP group. :blush:

2 Likes

Hi All
Was great to meet you all last night, our first Port Talbot learners meet up. Really enjoyed. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Our Next Meeting will be the last Monday of March, 6.30 Aberafan Hotel.
Dw iā€™n mynd i armarfar siarad cymraeg !
Hwyl
Sandra

6 Likes

Fantastic to hear you all got this to happen! :star: :star2:

3 Likes

Yes, thanks all for making Glenda and me feel so welcome. What a great start.

3 Likes

Mae rhaid i fi ddweud dechrau bendigedig. Hope thatā€™s right lol
See you all on the 25th March for our 2nd meeting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Roedd hiā€™n nice i chi i gyd, ac rwyf hefyd yyn edrych ymlaen at ein cwrdd nesaf. Trying to say It was nice to meet you all, and I too am looking forward to our next meeting.

2 Likes

Yes, all these messages are really impressive. Da iawn.

Hi Iā€™m from Pontardawe just joined this evening.

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m in Pontardawe and a new member. Just signed up for the 6 month course

4 Likes

Hi Melanie. Welcome. This is a good way for us all to help each other on our learning journies. Im not sure if Aberavon will be your nearest SSiW group, but it could well be.

3 Likes

Helo Melanie,
Welcome, I am on challenge 5 and 6 so a learner to. If you need chat or if I can help in any way, not that I know much yet ! just ask.
Our next meet up is Monday 25th March, at the Aberafan Hotel, all welcome, we are all like you learners just wanting to practise a bit and support each other.

4 Likes

Thank you, I will do my best to make that meeting I finish work at 6pm so will do my best. X

3 Likes

Welcome Melanie. Iā€™m on week 5, so very new to the course too.
Thereā€™s a Port Talbot learners group on Slack too I hope this is the link to it:
https://welshspeakingpractice.slack.com/messages/CGALXDLJJ/
If it doesnā€™t take you directly there, just go into Channels on the top left and in the search box type, port & the group will show up. Hope to see you onthe 25th :slight_smile:

3 Likes

NEXT MEETING: Wed 10th April at The Aberavon Beach Hotel for 6.30pm. We now hope to meet fortnightly. Itā€™s a show and tell evening (and maybe scrabble too) so bring an object a photo or anything that you find interesting along to talk about, either re-hearsed or off the cuff itā€™s up to you :slight_smile:
Hope to see you there. Hwyl

4 Likes

Next meeting for us PortTalbotLearners is again in The Aberavon Beach Hotel Wed 24th April for 6.30pm.
We meet in the foyer area and enjoy a chat and a cuppa or soft drink etc.
This weeks theme is a famous Welsh person. So pick someone famous and you can say a few words about them (notes are allowed lol) & we will do the same. Itā€™s great to get us all talking in Cymraeg.
Sandra has also prepared a famous person quiz!!! Looking forward to it :slight_smile:
Hope to see you there.

1 Like

Looking forward to it. Pasg Hapus pob. Happy Easter

2 Likes

Pasg Hapus it ti hefyd :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to say ā€˜Diolchā€™ I enjoyed our meeting tonight - look forward to next time :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Helo
It was really nice to meet you, and I hope you will come again. We had a very enjoyable meeting and I am sure we all learnt a lot, trying to converse in welsh and found out facts we may not have known about Welsh famous people
Sandy

2 Likes