Level 3 South - new lessons published

Agreed, its been brilliant. Can’t help but feel a little sad that 25 has come round already though! Thank heavens for all the new advanced content and old courses :smile:

5 Likes

And there’s always the North version…

2 Likes

I suppose after all the work the 4 of them have been doing it would be a bit cheeky to ask about level 3 listening exercises… Ond

2 Likes

My current thinking is that the L3 listening work is what Beca is doing… :wink:

Meanwhile - you never know, there might just be a handful of L3+ challenges one of these days… :wink:

10 Likes

I was going to ask actually, since there northern course ends without some of the stuff introduced in south 24/25, would there maybe be a couple more northern challenges? Or are you talking about MORE extras? :star_struck:

Oh you big tease Aran😀

1 Like

Oh, does it?! That sounds as though the algorithm is getting slightly out of synch, which is certainly possible… :slight_smile:

And it does fit with the possibility that there might be a couple of extra over-run lessons… :innocent:

1 Like

I didn’t realise l3 north challenges 21-25 had been released! They didn’t appear in the app until I signed out and then back in again.

2 Likes

You didn’t say whether iOS or Android, but as a tip, in the iOS app, if you do a long press on the top banner (the green area), then select “Refresh” any new stuff should show right up. But ordinary, this shouldn’t be necessary as it automatically refreshes when you go into (or return to) the app.

Sorry. This was on Android. I’d tried refreshing it and nothing came up. The new challenges only appeared after I had logged out and back in again.
It was odd, but ok cos I’ve got the new stuff now. Yay!

1 Like

Well, Ive just got to the end of the Challenges (and lessons) with a final sprint. The last four Northern, followed by L3;25 S to get a S.Wales accent back.

What a journey this has been. Many thanks to our teachers: Aran, Catryn, Iyestn and Cat and also all the members of this fantastic community who have supported me. Diolch o’r gallon!

Here’s a ginger cat for you (a few challenges too late)

I’m not going anywhere - just wanted to say thanks.

6 Likes

Finished yesterday. I’m proud of how far I’ve come, and really sad that there are no more challenges. I’m so grateful to @aran @CatrinLliarJones @Iestyn and Cat. Diolch o galon :blush: :dizzy: :heart:

8 Likes

Wow! Llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn iawn! :star: :stars: :star2: :sunny:

Well, you never know… there might be a little bit of spare overflow, one of these days…

5 Likes

Level 4?.. :wink:

2 Likes

Finished the final challenge yesterday! :sparkler::tada::confetti_ball: Llongyfarchiadau a diolch to Team SSI - @Iestyn, Cat, @aran, and @CatrinLliarJones! I’m a (still in need of improvement) Welsh speaker thanks to you lot.

Also, a suggestion. While I was waiting for the final challenges to appear, I went back and listened to the final few lessons of the original courses, along with the vocab lessons. The vocab lessons are especially useful for those who never did the original courses, I think - to be able to practice things like numbers, months, days etc all in one place, and to have a few puzzles cleared up (like dau/dwy). But people unfamiliar with the original courses might not even realise those lessons are there, and certainly not what is in them. I thought it might be helpful if the vocab lessons could be relabelled (‘Numbers 1-10’, ‘Months’, etc) and put somewhere easy to access.

6 Likes

i agree there’s one on the old course called crynodeb (summary) and it lumps the best bits of them all together.

3 Likes

I didn’t know about this…thank you!

2 Likes

Yup, that’s a good call - diolch! A llongyfarchiadau MAWR iawn! :fireworks:

@DanJones - not likely to reach to a full Level - we’re kind of thinking of however much it turns out to be as a sort of Level 3+… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So Iestyn what is the wellt part of glawellt?

Isn’t it hay from what I remember of the commentary…