Level 3 South - new lessons published

this has given me the much needed kick up the butt to get back to the challenges on a more regular basis!

1 Like

Challenges 21 and 22 now available in the learn section! :grinning:

5 Likes

What on earth is going on? You wait months and months with nothing then 7 lessons come along at once.

3 Likes

Haha Iā€™m struggling to keep up Iā€™m like a pig in poo. Got Beca and new stuff in one ear and Iestyns new stuff in the other. Great innit. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Ha ha Iā€™m certainly learning stuff. I keep hearing gwmws everywhere since I learnt it. Itā€™s in nearly every sentence on Pobol y Cwm.

5 Likes

Excellent!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This rom July 12th:

Itā€™s not quite going to be by the end of October, but Iā€™m working on 23 & 24 now, so it wonā€™t be far off!

15 Likes

Just ran the update check on a whim, and dyna ni, ymddangodd dau her newydd sbon ā€“ two brand new challenges (23 & 24) appeared!

9 Likes

Fantastic, about all these new challenges.
Iā€™m catching up after a holiday. Challenges 16, 17 & 18 were less uphill than I was anticipating. Challenge 19 was turning out to be a bit of a grueller - and then wow - two constructions came up that I had already soaked in from short real-life conversations with 1st language speakers on the holiday. How relevant is SSiW? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know I should be working on Becaā€™s listening because thatā€™s my weakness and I can just see Aran and Iestynā€™s disapproving looks but I so want to do the new challenges.

2 Likes

Not on my phone yet. :sob:

Youā€™re allowed to suffer in whatever way feels best for youā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

Ha ha suffer yes. Worth it? You bet cha!

1 Like

I had to laugh at some of the sentences in Lesson 24. Iā€™m wondering how far you can push this.

"She went inside the entrance to the hotel over there on her own to buy a new bed and a couple of postcards, before stopping for a rest, saying itā€™s not meant to be easy, but how high is that wall exactly and just before the news reached the office they found that she, before they all left together, whoever she was, nearly got left behind before she ran to the right, under a bridge, across the grass saying, I used to live around here and Iā€™ll never make you cup of coffee, ever again, unless you answer me right now with this question - are those your children, who were running through the living room making a mess in the kitchen.

14 Likes

Lesson 24 is hard

1 Like

Last few of any level are always particularly brutalā€¦ :slight_smile:

Havenā€™t experienced one that tough in a while but if it ainā€™t hurtinā€™ it ainā€™t workinā€™.

4 Likes

I seem to recall L3 24 & 25 of the old course being a real final marathon sprint. However they did the trick of squeezing a really nice chunk out of the end of the course. Sort of ā€œWowā€, where did that come from?"

Also, not to forget that 24 & 25 are the ones that we are allowed to revisit on a regular revision basis. So I guess that thereā€™s no massive need to completely master these final challenges during the first sitting.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s 23 and 24 done. Well, sort of, they need to be revisited. I still get the occasional completely silent goldfish- imitation blanks. It is always while I am frantically trying to think what tense of a verb I should be using and if I should be using a short form. Short forms may stay in the category ā€œI can recognise it but I canā€™t say itā€ for a long time.

While eagerly awaiting 25 South, I ventured a visit to the North to see how different it would be. Itā€™s strange, I can swap some phrases without too much trouble, but other words or phrases seem to be too deeply embedded to change. I canā€™t give up ā€œmoynā€. I was also amused to find that ā€œtwpā€ is deeply embedded. Well, my mother used to say it. It was one of the very few words that she remembered. That sounds bad, but at least ā€œcwtshā€ was another.

Bring on 25, no matter how painful it may be.
Sue

5 Likes

Well, I just noticed challenge 25 is up and running and I canā€™t wait to get home to do it!
This has been fantastic.

Iā€™m glad the old course is up as well as I feel I need to go back and do some of the vocab lessons.

This has been a brilliant course, thank you so much! Iā€™m so happy to say that I now feel like welsh speaker (although I realise I have a long way to go). I would never have thought that I could learn as much as I have with the Levels, Old Course and (of course) conversation practice on slack. Iā€™m now reading books (albeit slowly) in welsh and Iā€™m reading news and getting the gist of many of the stories.

Thank you for giving me the gift of this wonderful language and a strong foundation to build on.

11 Likes