Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

I’m a bit confused as to the names of all the people who are coming to Bootcamp. I think there have been some changes (e,g, I know Susanna is not coming this year). The names I have in my mind are: Geraint, Mark, Vaughan, Ian, Jen, Cath, John, Rob, Kev, Karen, and Deb + me (Anne). But I also noticed an Alan in the original email flurry…???

For first timers: I really enjoyed my first bootcamp last year, despite being anxious at first. It is tiring - but it is fun (I don’t think I’ve laughed so much since I was a child!). I found I was worn out by tea-time, but then got a second wind in the evening. We sat up quite late some nights… chatting, playing board games, and chatting some more.

See you on Friday…

5 Likes

I’ve got Spotify on my phone, but I can’t find your playlist through the search system. I’m a novice - so no idea what I’m doing wrong. Any thoughts?

Yep, Alan’s coming - we have 12 plus a minibus driver (sef Geraint). :sunny:

2 Likes

So - a baker’s dozen. What is that “yn Gymraeg”?

Digon. :blush:

1 Like

Is there it a Hitchcock movie in there somewhere? 13 to dinner.

1 Like

Just click on the link below, or paste the following link into your spotify search

spotify:user:fatbob71:playlist:2XNfdrbuXshbGJ4s2EXLE2

Anyone can add to this playlist too, if there’s a tune you want us to hear…

1 Like

Here’s something to whet your appetites…

mae’n drwg gen I bod person sy’n cwyno, ond ar ol darllen neges llynedd mi ges I argraff roedd y un pobl yn mynd pob amser. pryd wnes I ddarllen posts yma ymddangos ro’n I gywir. dim lawer o cyfle I pobl arall I dod.
mae aran yn wedi dweud bod ro’n I ar y reserve list llynedd. byddai’n cynnig wedi bod yn neis eleni. dim ots , mae’n rhy hwyr rwan.

Hi Robert,

I’m afraid we can’t translate a place on the reserve list one year into a booking for the subsequent year, for all sorts of reasons (not least being that we only confirm whether or not we’re doing a northern Bootcamp the subsequent year in the late autumn).

I don’t know if you saw my response to your previous post, in which you said you were going to be somewhere without wi-fi when the booking opened - if not, I said that I wasn’t keen to give my personal mobile out in the email, and apologised for the fact that we don’t yet have enough technical flexibility to offer a range of options for stuff like this.

It’s true that about half the attendees this year have been previously, and this is something we have discussed previously and will continue to discuss - but the reason is that they are fast off the button. Because we usually only do one northern Bootcamp a year, places go very quickly - we sold out for this year in slightly over 20 minutes, so there really is no margin for error. Look back up through this thread, and you’ll see plenty of regulars sweating blood over whether or not they would get in.

I’m genuinely sorry you didn’t get the chance to come, and if you’ve got any ideas about how we should/could let people know about it that we don’t do at the moment, we’ll give them our best shot, if they’re feasible for us in terms of cost/technology.

Yes I’m still here! Not very good with social media (mae gen i dipyn o oed) so I’ve been keeping my head down. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon. Alan

3 Likes

Pob lwc i bawb ar y Bootcamp! Dw i’n genfigennus iawn! Gewch chi amser da!

Hwyl,

Stu

4 Likes

Just, a quick reminder - to anyone coming from outside of the E.U - your here on holiday: not to study as this can cause problems at border.

2 Likes

I must have an honest face - I wasn’t even stopped when I crossed the border at Chirk a couple of weeks ago!

2 Likes

Chirkers really don’t care who they let in, they’re still trying to work out whether the earth is flat out not.

3 Likes

Have a great time everyone, I have so many fond memories of the first luxury Bootcamp. I’d like to come over and say hi as I am in North Wales next week

3 Likes

Duwcs, wrth gwrs, tyrd draw, byddai’n hyfryd dy weld di :sunny:

The sadly missed Terry Pratchett has convinced me once and for all that it is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a guy I know reckons he’s stared into the eye of the great Turtle. :joy:

1 Like

Bore da, pawb.
I’m still a bit vague about the catering arrangements for the bootcamp. I realise that it’s going to be a mixture of shared and individual cooking, but what about communal items such as milk, tea and coffee? Will we be shopping every day, or less frequently? No doubt all will become clear when we arrive, but what do I need to bring to avoid starvation for the first 24 hours?
What I will bring, thanks to my daughter, is five dozen eggs for everyone to use. (That’s in total, not five dozen for each person!)

1 Like