[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Yes they’re all very cyfeillgar (friendly)

1 Like

If I can survive two bootcamps, anyone can :wink:

3 Likes

So we’re going to have to go back to the car park every day to pay for the next 24 hours? Or can you pay for a few days at a time?

Panic is normal. I interviewed a few bootcamp survivors. Everyone felt nervous. But they all agreed it was hard work, amazing and definitely worthwhile.

1 Like

Yes, I think you probably would have to renew the ticket unless you do happen to find a space on a street without restrictions.

There is a sneaky little area the far side of Doc Fictoria that is no-charge and as far as I know, no time-limit, but obviously I can’t say whether there will be any spaces left - which is why I didn’t put it in my previous ‘maps’ -

1 Like

Technically only for people using the marina, I think, but we’ve never had any trouble there… :slight_smile:

If we’ve got cars that are definitely not going to be used for the week, we could fit two or three up with us and drive you in… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If it comes to that, there’s a little car park in Caeathro that could be utilised for maybe two or three there too without causing too much bother, and I can drive you in too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just to say I’ve had my first bootcamp bad dream last night.
Someone mentioned to me yesterday that it’s 3 weeks till Wonderwool which means it’s only 3 weeks to bootcamp as I’m missing Wonderwool this year for it! So I must have panicked a bit. Dreamt I couldn’t understand anyone or anything and everyone was practically fluent. Just me feeling very isolated!

3 Likes

Other people always sound fluent…:wink:

Do. Not. Worry.

We will look after you… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Amanda, the last bootcamp.I went to, 2 or 3 years ago, started on the Wonderwool Saturday and I managed to cram both in with the help of my beloved at home. We drove from Carmarthenshire to Buiilth, joining the ernormous jam that is Builth on any show day at 10 am, and I packed in the show in about 2 hours before going on to Tresaith. It meant I could take 2 spinning wheels to bootcamo which is usually imposible as I have more usually relied on public transport or lifts from other participants. My beloved took the car home and collected me the next Saturday.

Are you a spinner? Or a knitter? Don’t underestimate the power of these physical things to de-stress you. There will be time to do these things during the week, you will feel competent at something, this will make you feel better about yourself, and more likely to believe you can do well in this amazing challenge that is bootcamp.

ps. Do I see that you are going to Northern Bootcamp? It may be even more impractical to do both on the same day then, but a small, upright spinning wheel, is still pratical and my advice still holds. And Aran is right. They will look after you.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been to Wonderwool for the last too years so don’t mind missing it too much! I spin although fairly basically and I knit.

1 Like

There’s really no need to panic. It will be hard, it may be frustrating, and your head might feel like it’s going to explode - but there’s no danger, you will survive and you will be looked after.

This happens. Roll with it. (At least, I hope it’s not just me it happens to!)

Yep, everyone will be fluent and you’ll be the weakest speaker there. So will everyone else, just ask anyone who’s been on bootcamp :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please could you let me know exactly when we will be finishing, as I will need to look into booking a train back to Barry. (I can’t really justify staying for the party too, as the family will be expecting me back in one piece for at least the end of the bank holiday w/e…)

Many thanks!

I think we’re expected to be out of the property by 10.30 on the Friday morning (although they don’t tend to come in with brooms and actually sweep us out…;-)).

Boo to missing the party, but, yes, families… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, thank you. (Quickly re-calibrates brain as for some reason I’ve been thinking Sat-Sat these last few months.) We are arriving home from Germany late on Wednesday night, so it will be a quick turnaround!

While we’re at it, what time will arrivals be on the first day? Sorry if I missed that somewhere too.

2 Likes

Tresaith is, I believe, always Saturday to Saturday - but none of the places we’ve found in Gwynedd have been willing to do that option, oddly enough…

I always feel I have to be at the property by 3 on the first Friday myself, because we’ve said 3 so many times over the years that I half-expect a kind of race memory about it by now… but that’s just a doors open thing - I probably wouldn’t start to get actively worried about you until about 6, although it would be nice to know in advance if you’re aiming for a later arrival… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch! Edrych ymlaen nawr!

2 Likes

Bron yn barod! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder how easy it would be to get to and from the airport on Ynys Mon? There are flights on Fridays, and Cardiff airport is only 10 mins from our house.

Looks to me like there’s a bus roughly hourly from RAF Valley (which I think is sort of the same place as Anglesey Airport) to Bangor, possibly involving a change of bus in Llangefni; then from Bangor to Caernarfon, there are frequent busses; then from Caernarfon Bus Station it’s not far to talk to the walled city where the guesthouse is.

Traveline.cymru doesn’t give me decent connections (perhaps because of the Llangefni thing) but the timetable looks as if things should be possible.

2 Likes