[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Gwych, falch ofnadwy fod o wedi cyrraedd yn ddiogel - a llongyfarchiadau mawr unwaith eto… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well this has all gone a bit quiet! Thank you everyone for a really lovely week!

I guess people staying on for the party are busy living it up in Caernarfon and ‘aros’-ing in Cymraeg. Some of us on the other hand are thoroughly back ‘adref’ in Saesneg with only the memories to clutch at! So here’s a few…

So why did the week start off with a load of bootcampers hiding behind a car…?

Amanda and Milla ‘chilling’ at The Anglesey - in more sense than one! (Brrr!)

Enforced daily meditation sessions - concentration on the chipmunks is palpable! (Hey, was that really in the original bargain?! :confounded:)

Phew, fresh air!

Jenny, Aran, Anne, Milla, Amanda, Gareth, Roger, Liz, John.

Some very elegant goings-on on top Tuthill!

Made it! (This photo, of course, is destined to be famous!)

Time for tea!

Caernaerfon by day.

Palas Print. (Very nice bookshop.)

Coffi a chlonc yn y Palas Print. (Spot the gatecrasher! :wink:)

Caernarfon by night.

Not writing, surely? This is getting a bit serious!

Well, serious-ish… :sweat_smile:

A particularly attentive audience for Milla’s story!

Goodbye Bob!

11 Likes

Oh, what a fantastic set of pics - diolch o galon i ti, Sonia! :star: :star2:

3 Likes

Oh it’s alright, I’m fully resigned to going back to being a netmouse for ever more now!

2 Likes

Aren’t you at the parti @netmouse?

You should be partying not writing on here. - LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely photos Sonia. Thank you. I was going to post earlier this am but brain frazzled and still in Cymraeg only mode… Had a very peculiar conversation with 2 dog walking friends on a walk together (one Welsh other English speaking) . It seems very odd writing to fellow boot campers in English and I just wondered whether it would be possible to have an ex boot campers section/thread on the Forum where we could continue in Welsh?? Aran ??
{Sorry - I haven’t worked out quite how to tag people on the forum yet so am hoping Aran sees this}
Thanks for a great week at Bootcamp. It was lovely to meet you all and to share so much fun and memorable moments.
Aran/ Catrin diolch yn fawr iawn iawn am bopeth. Chi’n ser yr ganrif!

3 Likes

Slightly sore point, but no, am firmly back home. More than a week of ‘escape’ is not currently on the cards! (Was lovely though!)

2 Likes

(off topic but in tend to help)

To tag people you just put @ before forum name. If I tag you it would be @AnneEvans. When you write a post you should have preview window on the right side by default. To see if you’ve tagged properly, notice if tagged name is colored slightly grey(ish). Also, if you start tagging name with writing the first letter after sign @ (without space) the most likely names will appear above the cursor and as you type the names could change, giving you more or less choices. If you see the name you are searching for you just click on it and it will all happen automatically.

Hope it helps.

So, I’m tagging @aran now to draw some attention (probably the tag will be spotted Monday morning :slight_smile: )

And … @netmouse and @AnneEvans, I know exactly how you feel. After bootcamp syndrom will hold for quite a while especially for you who are in UK hearing more Welsh then I do here in Slovenia.

Well, seing your pictures Sonia, I find them lovely in deed and I’m a bit sorry I didn’t post more of mine in last year’s July Bootcamp topic, but I had a feeling people don’t want to be too exposed (seen) on the forum, so I refrained to do that.

Hwyl to you both now and I hope my “instructions” help in a way Anne. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Tatjana

Oh dear, well I really hope people don’t mind. I have definitely seen pictures of bootcamp on the forum before…

1 Like

Of course there were. It’s just that I didn’t feel like post them. I didn’t want to make you startlet though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy for photo share Sonia… It’s the only forum I would share on though as it is so well managed. I usually use a photo of my dog.

If anybody’s even slightly not keen, please shout and we’ll take them down again.

1 Like

Oh please don’t worry and don’t feel uncomfortable about it at all!!! We always post Bootcamp photos on the forum - it’s become a bit of a tradition. Usually, if someone is uncomfortable with having Bootcamp photos of them on here, then they will say at the time the photos are being taken. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just to say that no lambs had died on my return and the first turkey egg hatched this morning.

7 Likes

Yes, we have to figure out something along these lines… but we have to tread extremely carefully with it, so that we don’t end up inadvertently making the forum seem less obviously welcome to new learners. This is turning round slowly but surely in my mind, and we might start trying out some things in the next few months… :slight_smile:

Whoo-hoo! That’s always such a lovely feeling…:wink:

1 Like

Wow! Hope it has a long life!!

Understood Aran -it’s just that the boot camp effect is so strong. It would be good to do MRIscans before and after!

2 Likes

Unfortunately (maybe) I can guarantee it dies with every month further from the bootcamp although it has other effects like wanting to speak, wanting to learn more, having warm and good memories (I doubt there would be anyone who doesn’t have good memories though) and hearing Welsh even when/where all people are speaking even other language but English.

What about using just existing threads and post in English. We have a “practice” thread where you can post practically everything (what’s allowed on here) entirely in Welsh. Just my thoughts but if we tend to follow the rules one such entirely Welsh topic is what we should have, not more.

If we want to chat with someone in particular entirely in Welsh we still have private messages which do not work just as one-on-one chats but are behaving like threads just that they’re set to private and not public. The properties of such thread/topic/message are despite not being public, exactly the same. You can post pictures, invite more participants, etc … However even such topic has to stick to general rules of behaviour on the forum I presume.

So, why not making private message where you can invite the people you want to participate (can be all 10 or even more if there are more) in it? Does it sound as a (at least temporary) solution to you @AnneEvans? And if you’d want someone who wasn’t there to take a part also you can invite them too.

(Well, not to missunderstand me (again) I’m just pondering my thoughs searching for the solution (which might not be my business but wanted to help if I may).)

I would dearly love to do this… :slight_smile:

I can counter that with a further guarantee that although you feel as though it’s wearing off, it will spring back into life any time you spend more than about half an hour talking Welsh to someone… :slight_smile:

Yes, I think setting up private messages per Bootcamp group might be one way forward with this, in the short term…

1 Like