[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Yes, but it surely has to be more then just once a week and even better if hearing Welsh every day.

It’s good because you don’t need admin to do that. Everyone can do that.

As it’s becomming a bit offtopic I’d just like to say yet that I’ve forgotten to mention one quite important thing though: if you tag someone who’s not included into such private thread, that one will automatically be noted and this way “dragged” into it. So some “cuation” who you are tagging in private messages should be payed to.

What you’re describing here is more about the pleasure of how often you use your Welsh, rather than what your learning requires - your learning will be fine even with long gaps…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Pleasure and possibility …

I’m pleased to use it every time I can however not too possible where I live and with my time to disposal (to have live chat(s)).

1 Like

Great photos, and memories. Diolch yn fawr.

3 Likes

@Novem - I saw this on Twitter, and thought your mother would like it:

2 Likes

Diolch! She did :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, everyone. You know when @aran said don’t underestimate how much you have achieved this week and its very difficult when you are in the middle of bwtcamp to work out what you are learning…well… I’ve just got back from evening class and no one else turned up, so I spent almost two hours speaking Welsh with the tutor. AND she’s has asked me to write an article (in Welsh) for the local Welsh Language paper about SSIW and Bwtcamp AND she thinks that I should join Merched y Wawr. I said that I thought that she should ask the others first if they can cope with a learner who while not wanting to speak any English, may not understand everything, but she’s insisted that I need to practice and that I’ll cope! Wow!!! I’m still in shock.

15 Likes

Wow, that’s brilliant! I bet she was super-chuffed at how much progress you’d made last week!!

My minor success yesterday was a long and raucous game of hospitals for dismembered lego-people with my littlest (who normally doesn’t deign to speak Welsh with me) and a Welsh-speaking friend. (Hers not mine.)

3 Likes

Merched Y Wawr have a specific remit to be welcoming to learners. Not that you are (only) a learner now. After Bwtcamp you know that you are a speaker (as well).

3 Likes

Excellent Amanda. A success for you and yet more evidence for SSiW of the success of bootcamps too!

3 Likes

Big smiles here… :slight_smile: :star: :star2: :dizzy:

2 Likes

That posting should be in the ‘Breakthrough’ thread!!! Da iawn ti!!

1 Like

well done! Sounds like fun.

1 Like

Thanks for posting all the photos Sonia! Bootcamp effect is powerful as @AnneEvans says - I’m still speaking in my head in Welsh but haven’t surprised any Norfolkers yet with a mouthful of Cymraeg. Only the dog who isn’t sure what Peid!!! means

2 Likes

Hmmmm … what if he doesn’t want to be sure deliberately? :smile: :smile: :smile: I’d say he understands more Cymraeg then he is willing to show. - hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’re right! Mae o’n hogyn drwg…

2 Likes

I always tell people my dog is bilingual and can ignore me in both languages! :wink:

2 Likes

So true!!

That’s great Amanda! You’re fast tracking… from bwtcamp to writing an article in Welsh - wow! My first foray into Welsh ‘in the wild’ (@aran to thank for that) after leaving Caernarfon was to go into the local pub to book a table for dinner for the following week. I thought I was doing really well until the landlord said, That was lovely cariad but you’ve just booked a table for last Friday night not next Friday night! Got my nesas and diwethas mixed up but it didn’t matter and this is now part of the my growing bunch of straeon am ddysgu Cymraeg!

9 Likes

That’s gold dust right there - you’ll almost never forget it again…:wink: