Oxford Welsh learners group

Hi Bethan,
I was really enjoying that, but BT had other ideas. My broadband went out - red light on the router. It seems to be more or less OK now.
Hwyl, Sue

1 Like

Is anyone else finding a message “Sorry! We’re currently doing some essential maintenance on SaySomethingin.com” when they try to get to the forum? Luckily I still have an e-mail with a link to here, so I can get in that way.
Sue

I’ve rejoined if you want to continue !

I’ve given up and shut the laptop off. Also the router seems a bit undecided. Sometimes OK, sometimes not. I look forward to seeing you on Zoom on Friday. Meanwhile I hope that the plumber does his stuff well.
Sue

1 Like

Diolch Sue, look forward to seeing you on Friday. Bethan

1 Like

Helo pawb - same days and times as usual for this week’s Zoom meetups - but the sgwrs is always different. Why not join us? Get in touch if you should need login details :slightly_smiling_face:

• 10:30am Wednesday 19th August
  • 12:00 Friday 21st August

Hwyl,
John
PS And don’t forget the Radley walk+sgwrs on Saturday 22nd - see https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-walks/7540/375

I’m in actual Wales!

Haven’t managed to speak any actual Welsh yet though.

6 Likes

That looks so nice. Hope you have a nice time.

1 Like

Very nice too! And I’m feeling slightly ashamed to say I don’t know where those photos were taken :slightly_frowning_face:

Good luck with finding someone to have a sgwrs with!

1 Like

That looks wonderful. I do hope that your weather is better than ours.
Sue

1 Like

The first picture is the north Anglesey coast near the ruins of the hen gwaith brics at Porth Wen. The second one is Beaumaris in a gloomy light…

2 Likes

Yes for once it seems that the weather was better on Anglesey than it was in Oxford.

2 Likes

Diolch Chris - I should have recognised Beaumaris, at least :roll_eyes:
One of the S4C’s Cynefin series focused on Amlwch and they took a boat from there to have a look at the Porth Wen brickworks from the sea - worth a look if the series is available on S4C Clic. If you happen to be in Amlwch again, the butcher there speaks Welsh and happy to speak to learners. He was very happy to chat with a group of us on a trip to Ynys Môn from Nant Gwrtheyrn - he even invited us into his house next door to see an old sheet of copper from the Mynydd Parys which had been retrieved from a copper-bottomed a ship. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Beautiful photos Chris! Hope you are having great time. I recognised Beaumaris. Wish I was there too! Bethan

1 Like

Thanks John I’ll have a look for that programme. It was a bit brighter this morning…

2 Likes

Helo pawb - usual days and times for the Zoom meetups in this last week in August :slightly_smiling_face:

• 10:30am Wednesday 26th August
  • 12:00 Friday 28th August

Do get in touch if you’re new and would like the login details :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadw’n iach
John

We were in/on Ynys Môn last week too. The most Welsh I managed was saying diolch yn fawr to the lady in Oriel Môn! I did have a talk to her in English about being a Welsh learner though. So good to hear and see lots of functional Welsh even though my own learning is araf iawn!

3 Likes

I’m sorry I won’t be able to join the scwrs today or Friday. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

I am hoping to be there - but the laptop shows no sign of obliging yet.
Sue

1 Like

This is bad. I have been watching a little ring of dots going round for the best part of 15 min now and Windows shows no sign of starting. Sorry!
Sue