Oxford Welsh learners group

I would struggle to commit to an evening sadly so wont offer any time suggestions. Sadly I wont be at Friday’s meeting as Liam’s nursery has been shut for 2 weeks (so that will probably rule out next Friday as well :cry: )

2 Likes

It now looks as if I can be there tomorrow after all. It might be a good exercise for me to try to explain.
Sue

2 Likes

Sorry I won’t be on zwm tomorrow- my son is on annual leave and we are going on a day trip! I prefer day time meetings but might be able to do an occasional evening zwm meeting. Bethan

1 Like

Enjoy the trip! Hope the weather keeps fine for you :sunny:

1 Like

I hope to be on zwm tomorrow for scwrs! Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Helo pawb - if you’re interested in maybe joining us for a walk this month, do hop over to the Oxford Walks thread:walking_man: where we’re discussing possibilities :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadw’n saff,
John

I have just put my suggestion there for 13 September.
Sue

Helo pawb - it’s the same pattern as usual for this week’s Zoom meetups (let me know if you need login details)

• 10:30am Wednesday 9th September
  • 12:00 Friday 11th September

See question below, however. An occasional Zoom evening meetup may be possible for Owen, Sue, Bethan and me, so if you haven’t been able to join us for any of our meetups during the day we might be able to arrange the odd evening one if that fits better with your schedule :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n iach
John

I’m sorry I won’t be able to make today’s zoom meetings after all, look forward to seeing you all on Sunday in Radley for walk! Bethan

1 Like

Helo pawb - we’ll be following usual pattern for this week’s Zoom meetups:

• 10:30am Wednesday 16th September (celebrate Owen Glyndŵr Day via Zoom!)
  • 12:00 Friday 18th September (anniversary of successful 2nd Welsh devolution referendum, 1997)

Let me know if you need login details. As always, newcomers welcome!
Hwyl,
John
PS Evening Zoom meetups may be possible on an ad hoc basis - get in touch if you think this might help you to join us

1 Like

Helo pawb - same as usual times/days for this week’s Zoom meetups:

• 10:30am Wednesday 23rd September
  • 12:00 Friday 25th September

If you need login details or an other questions do get in touch
Hwyl a chadw’n saff ,

1 Like

Helo pawb - as we edge into mis Hydref/October (and, confusingly, also Hydref/Autumn) here’s the schedule for this week’s Zoom meetups:

• 10:30am Wednesday 30th September (Diwrnod Waldo, remembering the poet Waldo Williams - see also Wikipedia)
  • 12:00 Friday 2nd October

Let me know if you need login details or have any questions. Newcomers welcome, as always :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadw’n iach,
John

Helo pawb - same pattern as usual for this week’s meetups Zoom (if you’re a newbie and would like to join us, do let me know and I’ll send you the login details, likewise if you have any questions or concerns about using Zoom :slightly_smiling_face:);

• 10:30am Wednesday 7th October
  • 12:00 Friday 9th October

Hwyl a chadw’n saff,
John

Date for your diary: the Cymdeithas Dafydd ap Gwilym (Oxford University’s Welsh society) are advertising the Welsh carol service at Jesus College for 5 p.m. on Monday 30 November. Where it will take place - in the chapel or on screen - is very much To Be Confirmed!

4 Likes

Helo pawb - it’s Wythnos Dathlu Dysgu Cymraeg this week so, if you haven’t already, why not join us for one of our meetups via Zoom this week.:slightly_smiling_face: Even if you don’t yet feel confident enough to join in the sgwrs you’d be very welcome to just listen, or ask questions in English if you have any - for the login details just send me a PM (Personal Message) :slightly_smiling_face:

• 10:30am Wednesday 14th October
  • 12:00 Friday 16th October

Hwyl a chadw’n iach
John

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying the series “Am Dro” on S4C - people chatting in Welsh while walking through some spectacular scenery. And a fair amount of niwl a glaw!

1 Like

I’ve recorded Am Dro but this encourages me now to actually watch it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Am Dro is great. Naturally they mix people with very different ideas about walks and picnics in order to make better TV. Very interesting.
Sue

1 Like

I am learning welsh …level 1 challenge 21. Does the Oxford group still meet. ? I would like to find people to practice Welsh !

2 Likes

Yes, we do, twice a week via Zoom. :slightly_smiling_face: At the moment it’s from 1030am on Wednesdays and from 12noon on Fridays, although we may be changing the Wed meetup to Tuesday lunchtime. Let me know if you’d like to join a Zoom meetup and I’ll send you the login details via PM.
We’ve also had some walks in Port Meadow, Wytham Wood, and Radley over the last couple of months providing a chance for us to practise some (socially-distanced :slightly_smiling_face:) Welsh
Hwyl, John