Hope that’ll do the trick, Bethan
Helo eto - let’s persist with the Friday Broad Meadow meetup for this week - at the moment the weather forecast is for a dry day, fingers crossed Tuesday’s meetup will as usual be via Zoom:
- 12:00 Tuesday 10th August / dydd Mawrth 10ed Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
- 12:00 Friday 13th August / dydd Gwener 13eg Awst (‘Broad Meadow’ - opposite Balliol College)
I won’t be able to make Friday’s meetup, whether in the open air or via Zoom, so please do let others know here if you’re hoping to meet up in Broad Meadow that lunchtime
Hwyl a chadw’n iach
My name is Hannah and I’ve just moved to Wantage. I studied Welsh through GCSE and A Level but I’m pretty rusty now and I’d love to pick it up again. Would it be possible for me to join one of your meetups please?
Yes, of course, Hannah a croeso!
I’ll send you a PM (Personal Message) now with the Zoom login details and do let us know if you’re planning on joining us at one of the meetups in Broad Meadow so we can keep an eye out for you.
Also this Sunday, if you’re interested, you could join one of the occasional walks+sgwrs which we have with the aim of practising a bit of Welsh as we go.
Thank you very much for your reply- I would love to join the walk and sgwrs sunday May you please tell me the details for this?
Hi Hannah - as yet, we’re still working on the details for the walk but more than likely we’ll be meeting up at midday in Hinksey Park, just off Abingdon Rd in Oxford and heading west out of the city to Chilswell Valley and back - there’s a map and details of the walk here: https://www2.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/sites/default/files/folders/documents/environmentandplanning/countryside/walksandrides/valeofWH/cwredbridge1b.pdf
There’s this separate thread here, by the way, where we discuss arrangements and routes for walks: [Oxford walks](https://forum.saysomethingin.com
Wonderful, thank you!
Helo bawb - last Friday was dry, thankfully, and @owen-mcknight @chris-roberts and I had a good meetup in Broad Meadow,.so let’s hope for dry weather next Friday as well.
Here are the details, then, for this week’s meetups
- 12:00 Tuesday 17th August / dydd Mawrth 17eg Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
- 12:00 Friday 20th August / dydd Gwener 20ain Awst (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - if you find you can’t make central Oxford for this, do give Zoom a try in case anyone else is in the same predicament )
Hwyl a chadw’n saff,
I shall be in Caergaint this Friday but wish you well for another dry day in Broad Meadow!
I’m sorry I can’t join you on zoom today. Hwyl Bethan
8.30am Fri 20th - decision time!
I know @chris-roberts was thinking of join me in Broad Meadow this lunchtime - is anyone else intending to join us or would it be better for us to boost the numbers on the lunchtime Zoom instead? Over to you pawb!
Shall we Zoom then John?
OK, let’s Zoom!
Helo bawb - we may be adjusting meetup days/times in the coming weeks, but for now we’ll stick with the current pattern:
- 12:00 Tuesday 24th August / dydd Mawrth 24ain Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
- 12:00 Friday 27th August / dydd Gwener 27ain Awst (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - if you find you can’t make central Oxford for this, do give Zoom a try in case anyone else is doing the same )
Hwyl a chadw’n iach
Helo bawb - sorry, I’m a bit late with meetup details for this week
- 12:00 Tuesday 31st August / dydd Mawrth 31ain Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
- 12:00 Friday 3rd September/ dydd Gwener 3ydd Medi (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - if you find you can’t make central Oxford for this, do give Zoom a try in case anyone else is doing the same )
Hwyl a chadw’n saff,
Helo bawb -just to confirm this week’s meetups:
- 12:00 Tuesday 7th September / dydd Mawrth 7ed Medi (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
- 12:00 Friday 10th September/ dydd Gwener 10ed Medi (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - there may also be some who can’t get to Broad Meadow meeting up on Zoom instead)
Hwyl a chadw’n saff
Dentist in Abingdon again on Friday, but I shall make it to Oxford one day.
Stanford House, who had been letting us use their garden, will be open on Sunday as part of Oxford Open Doors:
And Wick Farm, where we saw the well house on one of this summer’s walks, will be open for the first time on Saturday:
Helo bawb! I’m Beca, staff member at SSiW, and I’m gatecrashing your thread because my daughter is about to start college in Oxford in a few weeks time.
I will therefore be in the area fairly regularly, and was hoping that I and/or my daughter could join you on one of your meet-ups some time!
My daughter will be living in Kidlington, in case anyone is there!
Hope you’re all well.