Oxford walks

Diolch yn fawr for organising, John. Caesar and I enjoyed it a lot :dog2:

3 Likes

So far, according to the August Doodle poll, it seems to be only Sun 15th Aug when more than a couple of people could make a walk - for that day @chris-roberts @rachaelseculer-faber & Linda Murphy (but maybe also @owen-mcknight). I can’t make that day unfortunately, but no reason why it can’t go ahead without me - does anyone have ideas for a route?
Hwyl, John
PS As we get nearer the date and people firm up their plans, it might turn out that Sat 28th Aug also could work

1 Like

How about S Hinksey & Chilswell Valley from Hinksey Park from John’s pdf of walks above? I have missed a lot of the recent walks so I’m not sure if it’s already been done this summer or not…

1 Like

It has been done but no reason, of course, why it can’t be done again (it was Sue, Bethan, Ruth Clive and me the last time)

1 Like

Unfortunately I now definitely can’t make Sun 15th Aug.

1 Like

Well, my plans for this weekend have just been postponed by a couple of weeks which means that now I can make Sun 15th after all

1 Like

Hi @chris-roberts @rachaelseculer-faber - unless you’ve had any further thoughts shall we settle on Chiswell Valley for the walk on Sun 15th, meeting up midday in Hinksey Park car park? Probably Clive, Linda and @hannah-26 who’s new will be joining us
John

1 Like

Sounds good. Anyone mind whether I bring my dog friend?

1 Like

I’m still happy with that. Also happy with a dog friend. Croeso i’r grŵp @hannah-26 .

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome!

I’m dreadfully sorry to say that I’m feeling quite unwell today, and with the ongoing pandemic it seems irresponsible to meet up with people in case I’ve caught something. My sincerest apologies, but I hope you have a lovely walk, and I will be looking forward to the next meetup I can attend!

1 Like

No problem Hannah - I do hope you haven’t caught anything nasty :worried: Get well soon! We’ll be looking forward to seeing you when you can make it
Cofion gorau, John

Helo bawb - there’s a now new September Doodle poll now to choose dates for next month’s walks.
Today we had an enjoyable walk+sgwrs to Chilswell Valley (a diolch @chris-roberts @rachaelseculer-faber am eich cwmi a sgwrs), and there remains the possibility of another walk this month, by the way (the August Doodle is still available if you’d like to vote or to make changes).
Hwyl a chadw’n saff,
John

1 Like

Some time ago we talked about a possible walk round Abingdon. I never say that I am available on Sundays because I am in the shop until 1.30-ish, but I think I could make it to Abingdon by about 2pm if the buses run well. If anyone is interested in exploring Abingdon then I could suggest a route. Pretty much any Sunday would be OK for me.
Sue

2 Likes

If we decide to walk round Abingdon, then I suggest meeting in the Abbey Close car park. That’s just beyond Waitrose, in front of the Vale of White Horse offices. There is a bike rack just outside, in Abbey Close. To the best of my belief, parking is free on Sundays. If the car park should be full, there is another car park just beyond the Waitrose car park, off Thames View.
I am attaching a map and description (in English) of the suggested walk.
Round Abingdon 4 miles.pdf (570.1 KB)
Sue
PS Not 19 Sept. It’s Abingdon Open Doors and there might be a lot of people parking.

1 Like

Only 5 of us have completed the September Doodle but at the moment it’s looking like Sun Sept 5th’s going to be the best date for the next walk and maybe Sue’s Abingdon walk (above) would be a good choice?

Sun Sept 5th at 2pm is OK for me.
Sue

1 Like

Who can come on Sunday 5th? @chris-roberts? @johnwilliams_6? Anyone else?
Sue

1 Like

There are several who ticked the 5th in the Doodle poll

I’m afraid I’m working on Sunday :frowning:

That emoji seems to look more shocked or startled, but it was supposed to be a sad one!

2 Likes