Oxford Welsh learners group

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s meetup in the Jericho Cafe
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Another week and time on Thursday (6th July) for another meetup - usual time, usual place. Hope to see you there
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Do let me know well beforehand if you’re planning to come to the Jericho Cafe meetup on Thursday this week (13th Jul). As there’s going to be an ad hoc meetup at lunchtime on Friday 14th Jul (see Visiting Oxford? thread), the Thursday meetup is likely to be postponed unless you say you’re going to be there.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

This week there’s going to be a meetup at lunchtime (12:00) on Thursday, 20th Jul, in the Museum of Modern Art cafe (see also Visiting Oxford? thread), so the evening meetup in the Jericho Cafe won’t be taking place this week
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A quick reminder that there’ll be a lunchtime meetup tomorrow Thurs 20th July from 12:00 in the Museum of Modern Art Cafe in Pembroke Street. Hope to see you there,
Hwyl, John

1 Like

I won’t be able to make the meetup scheduled for next Thursday, 27 July and now that the summer holidays are starting it’ll probably be best to hold off having the regular meetups until the holidays are over.
However that doesn’t mean we can’t have any more Oxford meetups until September - if you’re hoping to get to a meetup before then, just post a message suggesting a date (doesn’t necessarily have to be a Thursday) and let’s see what the response is
Hwyl am y tro, John

2 Likes

A bit of advance notice to say that regular SSiW meetups in Oxford (Rhydychen) will be starting again on Thursday 14th Sept.
As lunchtime meetups work better for some, the plan for the time being will be to alternate between lunchtime and evening meetups and see how it goes. I’ll let everyone know in due course whether the meetup on the 14th is going to be at lunchtime or in the evening.
Hwyl am y tro, John

5 Likes

Would you mind tagging me - @dee - when you decide please @johnwilliams_6, so I can keep the weekly email up-to-date? Diolch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do! Diolch yn fawr @Deborah-SSi

2 Likes

I would be interested in future lunchtime meet-ups in Oxford, though I am not free on 14th Sept. I am a bit nervous about the idea because I have not yet spoken Welsh to anyone, but I would like to try.
Sue

2 Likes

Helo Sue - always nice to welcome someone new to our group. We should be able to finalise the date for the first lunchtime meetup by the end of this week. Could you make it if it’s on the 21st (@rebecca would that work also for you?)?
It’s very natural to feel a bit (or even very! :slight_smile:) nervous, but it’s all very informal and I’m sure you’ll be fine. Do let me know though, via this thread or by PM, if you have any specific worries. By the way, there’s also a walk planned for Sat 23rd Sept (see the Oxford walks thread) which you’d be very welcome to join
Hwy, John

Helo John,
Thank you for that very kind reply. I am free on 21st September. I can’t manage the walk though. I go out with a friend most Saturdays, and she would definitely not be interested in learning Welsh, unfortunately. I have no specific worries, just the normal one that I will not remember how to say anything.
Diolch eto,
Sue

1 Like

Just to confirm that when our regular weekly meetups restart after the summer break we’re going to try alternating between lunchtimes and evenings.
We’ll be starting with an evening meetup on Thurs 14th Sept from 5.30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe in Walton St. and the following week the meet-up will be on Thurs 21st Sept from 12 noon in the Museum of Modern Art Cafe in Pembroke St. and so on - do join us if you can make it (and diolch eto @Deborah-SSi for the update to the weekly email)
Hwyl, John

3 Likes

A quick reminder that there’ll be no meetup tomorrow but that the weekly Thursday meetups will be restarting next week on Thursday 14th Sept. Hwyl, John

2 Likes

I’m afraid that I won’t be able to make it to this Thursday’s Jericho Cafe meetup after all, due to a family emergency. If you’re planning to be there, please do post a message to this thread and check later to make sure that there’ll be someone else there as well :slight_smile:
Hwyl, John

Hi! I’ll be there, if anyone else is planning to go? Sorry to hear you can’t make it, @johnwilliams_6, and I hope the family emergency is resolved as smoothly as possible.

Thanks @rebecca, things are going reasonably well and I’ll be back in time for the lunchtime meetup the following week. As for this week, some of the group don’t manage to access the forum for one reason or another so I keep in touch with them via email - I’ll let them know that you can come to this week’s 5.30 Jericho Cafe meetup if any of them are planning on being there and I’ll post a message here to confirm one way or the other. Hwyl, John

1 Like

I can’t make this one, but I’m hoping to go to the lunchtime one next week.
Hwyl x

4 Likes

Ok, looks like this is not a great week for people - hopefully see you at next week’s lunchtime meet up!

@johnwilliams_6 Unfortunately I can’t make the 5.30pm ones :confused:

OK @rebecca - no problem. Hope to see you and @cat-1 - and @RichardBuck? - next week then
Hwyl, John

1 Like