Oxford Welsh learners group

No, sorry, can’t make today. Expecting to make Friday this week, though.

1 Like

OK, diolch @HelenV-E - and best wishes for the arrival of the “dysgwr newydd bach” !
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i ti a Hedd!
John

Helo @mikeellwood @cat-1 @rebecca - just to say, as there’s not much time for you to confirm or otherwise, after a bit of Xmas shopping this a.m., I’ll be in the cafe today from 12:00, so do join me if you can make it, but no problem if not as I can spend the time doing a bit of reading Cymraeg :slight_smile:.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hello! And sorry not to be there today - I have just come home from hospital having had a minor op! Annoyingly could not sign in or post whilst in hosp! General anaesthetic makes one’s Welsh unusual and a bit slooshy it seems, so you’ve all got off lightly there. If I’m less wobbly on Fri, I’ll try to make it! xxxx

Helo @cat-1 - hope you’re not feeling too uncomfortable and are back on wobbly-less coesau (coesau ansigledig?) in a brace of shakes!
Hwyl am y tro, John

1 Like

Ugh - brysia wella! Hope you feel better soon… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@johnwilliams_6 diolch!

Get well and unwobbly soon, @cat-1.
Sue

1 Like

Diolch @johnwilliams_6, @aran a @Betterlatethan - I can’t move my face much (op on top jaw), but it’s the best rest I’ve had in years! Hopefully my knees and chops will be back under my control any day now! :grinning:

4 Likes

A quick bump for our bumper meetup lunchtime tomorrow Friday 15th in the MAO cafe - the penny’s finally dropped that it’s Modern Art Oxford not Modern Oxford Art (although it might well be that too :slight_smile:)
Hwyl, John

1 Like

GET WELL SOON @cat-1!!

I hope to make it today but at some point will be meeting a friend who is in need of support today so I might not make it if the times clash. In case I don’t make it, I will use this opportunity to wish you all a Nadolig llawen iawn! :snowman_with_snow:️:christmas_tree::gift:

1 Like

Diolch @rebecca!
I am a bit wobbly still - so I shall miss today, I’m afraid. :disappointed:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that @cat-1 - hope you’ll soon be feeling completely “de-wobbled” and in fine fettle again
Cofion gorau, John

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know @rebecca - I hope things go well seeing your friend. And in case we don’t see you in the caffi today, Nadolig Llawen i ti a’r plantos a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

Diolch @johnwilliams_6! Dim Cymraeg for me today as I’ve just met up with my friend, but we have ended up coming to MAO so might give you a Welsh wave :smiley:

We talked yesterday about possible meet-up days next week. If you think you might be able to fit in a meetup, let me know which days/times might work for you. From my side, at the moment I could make 10am Tuesday 19th or any time on Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd, but if some of you can meet on another day/time do go ahead.

Also it would be great if you could let me know when you’d like to resume meet-ups after Nadolig; plus on the Oxford Walks thread for those interested let me know when you might be able to fit in our next walk - there’s a route that includes the North Leigh Roman Villa which might be a good one to start with
Hwyl, John

PS If it helps, Mon 18 Dec has just become another meet-up possibility for me

Diolch @RichardBuck for your dates - looks as if we should be able to have a meet-up on Thursday or Friday. A meet-up on Monday (10am/12am/2pm) or Tuesday (10am) also might be possible for me - @rebecca and @Betterlatethan can’t make it at all this week but what about you @cat-1 @mikeellwood @ramblingjohn ?

Diolch @cat-1 for the ‘Doodle’ - hope you’re on the way to feeling 100% (cant y cant) now :slight_smile:

So this week, we’ll have a Tuesday meet-up from 10am in the Ashmolean caffi and let’s say Friday from 12:00 in the MAO caffi I’ll email the PSDAFFs (pobl sy’ ddim ar y ffwrwm) to let them know

Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Bron yn gant y cant ta beth! :laughing:
See you tomorrow!!

1 Like