Oxford Welsh learners group

O bechod! I’ll be away from Oxford that day :disappointed:
Clive has emailed to say that he can make it on Tuesday, though - let’s see how the others are placed - @cat-1 @mikeellwood @RichardBuck @rebecca @Betterlatethan @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 @rachaelseculer-faber @ramblingjohn ? (apologies if I’ve omitted anyone …)

1 Like

Wrth gwrs! Count me in!

1 Like

I have to be at a meeting on Tuesday and can’t get to Oxford. :disappointed:
Sue

I might be able to take a short break from work on Tues :slightly_smiling_face:. Dw i yng Nghaerdydd yr wythnos ‘ma… trying to go to as many conversation things as poss while I’m here!

2 Likes

drw gen i .
I can’t make Tuesday.

Cheers J.p.

I almost certainly can’t make the next couple of Thursdays because I’ve felt obliged to agree to cover a class for somebody, but I should be able to be free for a while on Tuesday lunchtime-ish/early afternoon, so I’ll watch this space for planning am banad.

2 Likes

What sort of time were you thinking for next Tuesday’s Oxford meetup @aran? Last year we met up outside Linacre College and then headed off to the new Bodleian Library Cafe in Broad Street for lunch - did you want to do the same on Tuesday or just head straight for a cafe/pub somewhere?
Suggestions, everybody?

1 Like

I’m not sure yet exactly when I’ll get there, but probably about noon - will definitely be walking in past Linacre again, and happy to meet anywhere - always fond of trying out new pubs or cafes… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m happy to meet up anytime although I’ll have to shift at two to do the school run.
King’s Arms? That was nice I seem to remember - and fairly easy to find? Or the same cafe - Sdim ots 'da fi! :grinning:

2 Likes

Always happy to try a new pub… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spiffy! :grinning:

1 Like

I work in London on Tuesdays and won’t be around in time, devastated!!

I think I can take some time and pop down to the Kings Arms (is that beside Claredon Building?) or cafe in that area on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Just across the road on the Holywell St/Parks Rd/Broad St corner

1 Like

Boo to this sort of thing!

How about meeting up on Broad St instead of Linacre? Outside the Sheldonian/Bod or something? Easy to get to, and really near the aforementioned-destination-with-beer?

1 Like

Glad I’m thinking of the right pub! I can just meet folks there at lunchtime :smiley:

1 Like

Marvellous! It’ll be nice to meet you @Laura_P_87!
@aran - shall we all just make our way to the pub to meet up? Would that be ok for everyone else? @RichardBuck @rachaelseculer-faber
:grinning:

2 Likes

Works for me - easier than loitering on streetcorners near Linacre & propositioning passers-by in Welsh. Any particular time?

3 Likes

12ish? If that works for everyone?

Now there’s a hobby. Shall we make you a placard?

3 Likes