Oxford Welsh learners group

Oxford’s own John Evans.

1 Like

12ish is fine for me - I work near Magdalen Bridge so will just be 10 mins or so to cycle or walk along

1 Like

Like this?
end-is-near

4 Likes

Yn union!

1 Like

I’ll probably be there a little after 12 - expect to be aiming to drop off my mother with my great-aunt at 12 and then it’s about a ten/fifteen minute walk in (plus a little ‘hang on, this isn’t that street, where the hell am I?’ time)… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get lost in Oxford a lot. It’s a nice place in which to wander off…

2 Likes

I’m glad that you have fixed up Tuesday. Now, is anyone planning to be at the Bap cafe on Monday at 11? If not, then I shall not go either.
Sue

1 Like

Just to spoil the fun in getting lost :slight_smile: , here’s a map
Linacre-KingsArms

2 Likes

I can’t be there today Sue - sorry! I’m planning to be there at one meeting or other next week though - are you at Bap next week?

Diolch, John - caredig iawn :slight_smile:

Hi @cat-1
I can be at Bap next week at 11. I have to leave promptly at 12.
I shall not be there today - nobody has replied and it’s getting a bit late to start out.
Sue

1 Like

I’ll try to make 12ish at King’s Arms

2 Likes

Lovely to see you all again yesterday!

A wee reminder of the group that’s meeting tonight in the Big Society (Cymdeithas Mawr!) on Cowley Road at 8.30 - there’s four of us meeting there regularly.

2 Likes

Lovely to see you all and meet @rachaelseculer-faber and @Laura_P_87 - definite highlight of my day! And there’s something so lovely about sitting in the middle of Oxford in a Welsh conversation - loved that guy Welsh-checking us on his way out, too… :wink:

4 Likes

Still disappointed to have missed Tuesday’s meetup with Aran :disappointed:, but hoping to hear all about it at the 11am Monday Bap Cafe & midday Thursday Royal Blenheim meetups :slight_smile:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hoping to Bappety Bap tomorrow! Be great to weld ti @johnwilliams_6 - feels like an age! :mushroom:

1 Like

Hoping to see you both @cat-1, @johnwilliams_6 on Monday.
Sue

2 Likes

'He makes no effort at all to speak slowly’ should just about sum it up… :wink:

2 Likes

Helo pawb! I have fallen TERRIBLY out of the habit of looking at the forum and coming to meet-ups … if I’ve understood correctly, there is due to be a sgwrs meet-up at the Royal Blenheim on Thursday - will be happy to come along (if you can all forgive what has become some even rustier than usual Cymraeg)! I hope you are all well! X

Helo @rebecca! & Croeso yn ôl/Welcome back! Yes, indeed, there’s a sgwrs/meetup on Thursday from 1200 at the Royal Blenheim and we’ll look forward to seeing you there and helping ot get rid of some of that rust! :slight_smile:
… I’ve just noticed that your message is the 1000’th(!) on the SSiW Oxford thread so we can all celebrate that as well! :wine_glass: :beer:
Hwyl, John

3 Likes