Oxford Welsh learners group

Good to see you today @johnwilliams_6 & @bethan-williams-1 and thanks as usual for your never-ending patience.
I must have misunderstood what you said about the walk - I thought you were telling me it was next weekend rather than this one, but it seems it is on the 20th after all. Whatever I said in reply to that must have made even less sense than usual! Anyway I’m definitely planning to be asleep this Sunday, but I do hope to be able to attend one of the extra-curricular activities sooner or later…

2 Likes

Glad you could make it @chris-roberts and diolch i ti a @bethan-williams-1 am y sgwrs heddiw
Perhaps what we were saying about the walk this weekend might have got confused with what we were saying about the weekend when the clocks go back? :slightly_smiling_face:

Perhaps next month’s walk on Sat 9 November?

2 Likes

Aha that may well have been the problem - I definitely got hold of the wrong end of the stick there anyway.

I’ll be having fun on an intensive Spanish weekend on the 9th :grin: but I’m sure I’ll make it along to a future walk at some point.

1 Like

I think i may have been stupid in just looking at location map
and thinking modern art cafe, been there before
so that’s where i went today.
On the plus side there were three ladies speaking Swedish .

Cheers J.P.

Oh, that’s a pity - and we were just next door :disappointed:
Did you get to pick up any Swedish words from thise three?
Hwyl, John

Diolch @Betterlatethan & @owen_1 for the sgwrs on the Radley Lakes walk yesterday and to Sue again for being our guide :slightly_smiling_face:
… and before I forget it :roll_eyes: these are our meetups for this week:

• Wednesday morning, 23 Oct from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Friday morning, 25 Oct from 12:00 in the The Royal Blenheim, corner St Ebbes/Pembroke St

Hwyl, John

I will be at cafe Bap this morning! I am unable to come for cinio Nadolig on 17 Dec now. I wasn’t able to change this on the poll! Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

See you there @bethan-williams-1
Hwyl, John
PS It seems to make changes to the Doodle poll the mouse needs to hover on the right hand side of the column with your name when a blue pen icon should appear which you click on, make the necessary change and then click on ‘Update’ - Doodle has allowed me to do this for you as I was the one who set up the poll :slightly_smiling_face:
PPS Still hoping for more contributions to the poll https://doodle.com/poll/xwabzprxdqgd9mus @RichardBuck @cat-1 @rebecca @rachaelseculer-faber @jane-18 @mouselovinlady @thomasd @claireesau @chris-roberts ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the poll reminder, I’ll have to double check dates with my husband but I think I’m fairly free :slightly_smiling_face: I was hoping to make this morning but got my times wrong, I’ve not been able to log in from my phone for a while for some reason but seems to be sorted now!
I will come on Friday (last time I said that I ended up sleeping for most of the day :woman_facepalming: We’d had some bad nights with the baby…)

1 Like

I was intending to make an even-later-than-usual appearance today but it’s not to be (dydy o ddim i fod?). I can’t make it on Fri either but am definitely intending to have my act together for next Wednesday…

1 Like

Diolch John a Sue am scwrs dda heddiw. Thank you also John for explaining Doodle Poll and updating it for me! Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

Hi @bethan-williams-1
O’n ni’n siarad am badelli ffrio. Wel, es i i’r siop “Home” yn Westgate, a wnes i brynu dwy badelli ffrio, un fawr ac un fach, yn y sêls. Roedd gostyngiad o 70 y cant.

We were talking about frying pans. Well, I went to the “Home” shop in Westgate and I bought two frying pans, one big and one small, in the sales. There was a reduction of 70%. (I think that I said “frying tent” rather than “frying pan”. With luck you understood.)

Sorry, I can’t come on Wednesday or Friday next week as my daughter is visiting.

Sue

2 Likes

Rwy ti’n wedi gwneud yn dda iawn! Gwych! Mwynhau amweld dy ferch Sue. Mwynhau coginio yn yr dwy badelli frio newydd hefyd!! Bethan

2 Likes

At last Cymdeithas Dafydd ap Gwilym (Ox Univ Welsh Soc) have put up the MIchaelmas term card (click on the image to enlarge it). A couple of events at least might be of interest: Caarwyn Jones (Mark Drakeford’s predecessor as Welsh PM) on 14 Nov and, of course, the Welsh carol service on 4 Dec

2 Likes

I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it to RB today. Hwyl Bethan

Helo pawb - for those of you who have ffurnols/plantos/kids around on hanner tymor/half-term, this resource posted by Nia on Slack might perhaps prove useful: Hwyl Hydref 2017.pdf (1.4 MB)
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’ll be the usual pattern for this week’s meetups

• Wednesday morning, 30 Oct from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Friday morning, 1 Nov from 12:00 in the The Royal Blenheim, corner St Ebbes/Pembroke St

Hope to see you at one or the other (no choir practice this week so I’ll be able tp stay a bit longer on Wednesday.) :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

Christopher dw i. Dw i’n byw yn Eynsham a dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg. Hoffwn i ddod i Bap Cafe ddydd Mercher, os gwelwch chi’n dda.

I’m Christopher. I live in Eynsham and I am learning Welsh. I would like to come to the Bap Cafe on Wednesday, please.

2 Likes

Great! - we’ll look forward to seeing you @ChristopherSchenk :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello John, im learning welsh and will be in Oxford tomorrow. Can I come along to the meeting please?

S’mae John, dw i’n dsygu cymraeg a bydda i i’n Rhydychen yfory. Ga I dodd i’ch grwp os gwelwch chi’n dda?

Regards,
John.