Oxford Welsh learners group

Time for a quick reminder about this week’s meetups

• Wednesday morning, 12 Feb from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Friday morning, 14 Feb from 12:00 in the The Royal Blenheim, corner St Ebbes/Pembroke St

Also a confirmation that we’ve settled on the Ben Jonson pub, Weston-on-the-Green for the Dydd Gŵyl Dewi/St David’s Day lunch - let me know if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl, John

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t make it today, and not next week either. Hope to see you all on 26th.
Sue

1 Like

We missed you on Friday Sue. Look forward to seeing you on the 26th. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

It’s the usual pattern for this week’s meetups

• Wednesday morning, 19 Feb from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Friday morning, 21 Feb from 12:00 in the The Royal Blenheim, corner St Ebbes/Pembroke St

I won’t be able to make it this Friday - if you’re planning to be there, do post a message so that others will know :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

I suppose I must be doing something right because my phone started showing me adverts for Welsh-speaking jobs a little while ago:

I think it might have slightly overestimated my abilities…!

5 Likes

PS I’m planning to be at Cafe Bap (at some point…) and the RB this week.

1 Like

Hi folks - is anyone else planning to be at the Royal Blenheim tomorrow?

2 Likes

I’m planning to be at RB tomorrow! Hope to see you there Chris. Hwyl Bethan

2 Likes

I’m hoping to be there too!

2 Likes

Well, decided to postpone my trip in the end, so I’ll be there too

1 Like

Diolch @bethan-williams-1 @chris-roberts & Clive am y sgwrs in the RB this lunchtime.

Amongst many other things we were talking about The Man Who Knew Too Much and the new film Mr Jones - as promised, here’s the BBCiPlayer link to Guto Harri’s S4C documentary about Gareth Jones:
Guto Harri traces the history of journalist Gareth Jones. Who murdered him and why is his work still causing controversy?

3 Likes

There’ll be the usual 10.30am Cafe Bap Wednesday meetup this week, but as some of us will be going to the 5.30pm St David’s Day service in Jesus College Chapel on Friday 28th (all welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:) there may not be the usual lunchtime meetup in the Royal Blenheim.
If you can’t make the Chapel on Friday but could meet up at lunchtime, do please post a message, though, to let others know :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t forget on Sat 29th, there’s Oxford Welsh Male Voice Choir St David’s Day Concert in the University Church on the High St at 7.30pm

Also, of course, there’ll be our Dydd Gŵyl Dewi/St David’s Day lunch on Sunday 1st March - let me know if you think you’d be able to join us after all and we’ll see if we can book an extra place(s) :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl, John

1 Like

I will now be at the Jesus College service on Friday evening (wearing my work hat, or at least lanyard) and, as John writes, you are all welcome. I’m expecting it to run along the same lines as last year’s carols, with the words of the hymns and the responses printed in Welsh in the order of service, and a sermon in English.

1 Like

I won’t be able to make it to cafe Bap tomorrow and Friday might be difficult too. However I am looking forward to St David’s Day lunch on Sunday and seeing everyone there. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

I may be a few minutes late to Cafe Bap today. Is anyone else planning to be there? @Betterlatethan? @chris-roberts?

Hi John. Yes I am planning to come but I’ll be more than a couple of minutes late - hopefully there by 11ish. I’m pretty sure Sue said she was coming today as well.

1 Like

Jodie’s sister told Chris and me that Mike will be in the cafe on Saturday at 1pm (or was it 12 noon? @chris-roberts?) if anyone wants to go in to say goodbye. I can’t be there.

Sue

1 Like

1pm I believe. I’ll be at work unfortunately.

When I had to shoot off today the question came up of whether or not there’d be a meetup this Friday lunchtime - is anyone intending on going along to the RB?

I am, in principle, planning on going to the RB, but it may depend on how many of us there’ll be; I’m coming along to the Chapel in the evening.

Do I gather from other posts that Meic is - what? Leaving the Caffi, leaving Oxford? Or is it Jodie going on mat leave? Dw i ar goll!

1 Like