Published: new advanced content

So proud of myself with this one, especially considering how, when I started, your voice used to rattle past my ear, @beca-brown. Because it was short, I listened to it several times, one after the other, without looking at the transcript. I looked up three or four words I didn’t knpw, and by the end I had unravelled all three mini stories! [happy dance]

I’m noticing, too, that when I go back and listen to older Beca a’i Phobl, I can almost always follow your voice, even when I struggle with the guest’s accent. So after two years I have definitely tuned into your voice, if nothing else!

4 Likes

If you don’t get a grant, I’m sure we could look at taking on an indie publishing project… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy dance indeed!! That’s great news. I will be writing more very soon - the last couple of weeks have been so busy with responding to people wanting to learn Welsh in lockdown and media queries re Iaith ar Daith! Normal service resumed soon!

1 Like

Yes I’m aware that the Wenglish can require you to tune in differently, and I pondered long about whether to include it or not - but it’s how people speak. I’ve kept the other series more ‘correct’, so to speak, so you’re getting both flavours!

3 Likes

Hi all - sorry for not posting anything new yet - it’s been a crazy couple of weeks with lots of new people joining, and then lots of press interest in Iaith ar Daith. Did you catch the first programme?

3 Likes

About advanced content, I still have an awful lot with the old ones - so me personally, I’ve got no problem if I have a bit more time to catch up. :grin:

About the the programme…yep! :wink:

2 Likes

…Nice little plug for SSIW on Radio Cymru y bore 'ma @beca-brown ! :wink:

Good work!

Rich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha! Well spotted! Just peddling my wares again…! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha, ha - and you almost crashed the news bulletin ! :smile:

Rich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not even the pips can stop me from extolling the greatness of SSiW!! :wink::rofl:

2 Likes

Hi all a new ep of Caru, Paru a Galaru is up - episode 6 - and a further two will be up tomorrow. Enjoy and hope you’re all keeping well and safe :rainbow:

6 Likes

Hi folks, episode 7 is up, and 8 will be up tomorrow. Hope you enjoy

4 Likes

Hi all, episode 8 is up :blush:

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr - this will be my mid-morning treat today!

2 Likes

You have my commiserations! :rofl:
Another ep of Dyddiadur Dynes Desbret will be up today too, if I can pin down the actress who is currently prepping for auditions over Zoom!

2 Likes

Great! I have just listen to and read the latest episode. Stori hyfryd!

3 Likes

Hi all! So there’s another ep of Dyddiadur Dynas Desbret up, and there’s to be a bit of a change from now on… drum roll!
As there is now a large body of content with both transcripts and translations, I’m now moving on to produce content with transcripts and vocab only for the fiction, and just vocab for the Sgyrsiau.
Don’t run away! I think many of you are definitely ready for this step, and as we have this thread here and individual threads for each individual piece of work, you are welcome and positively encouraged to ask any questions here or on those specific threads.
So let’s see what happens! Let me know how you go…

6 Likes

Thankyou. Nice format.

2 Likes

Thank you - I think this is a good move, and I really enjoyed the latest episode!

2 Likes

Just in case you’re interested, it’s the week of what would have been the National Eisteddfod yr Urdd, the league of youth Eisteddfod - but obviously it’s off, as is everything else. In its place there’s an Eisteddfod T - the ‘T’ representing ‘ti’, ‘tŷ’ and ‘technoleg’ - i.e an Eisteddfod where the young people compete from home. There is a main ceremony every day, awarded to young composers, poets etc; and today is Seremoni Dysgwr y Flwyddyn! It’s being judged and presented by the fantastic Nia Parry and will be happening at aroumfy 4, 4.30 ish today, live on S4C. Or you can catch up on Clic/iPlayer.

2 Likes