Rownd a Rownd

@gruntius, I don’t think actresses go as far into ‘method’ as to get pregnant for the part!

Throws the idea of a “casting couch” into an entirely different light! :wink:

1 Like

Do you think she has diddled him then? I thought she was just doing him a nice favour, although the look on her face at the end was a bit suspicious.

No, she paid £150 for the TV and then asked Mr Lloyd for £450.

2 Likes

O bobol bach! I hadn’t spotted that. O diar! And menyn wouldn’t melt…

1 Like

Sabotaging his TV by removing the fuse from the plug? (She gave it the TV chap before he left.)

I presume Mr Lloyd was fine with his old TV and so it was her idea to get a bigger screen… though he seemed pleasantly surprised at the quality of the picture so I suppose that bit ended up being a favour for him after all.

But asking for £450 when it cost her £150 is shady. And paying the chap in cash is a bit shady as well (tax evasion?). (I wonder where the TV came from? “Fell off the back of a lorry”, as they say here in Germany? Maybe in a pizza box?)

Plus the way she looked over his shoulder made me wonder whether she was trying to memorise his signature…

On the other hand, the van pulling around the corner led me to Mr Lloyd’s house!

I believe the “2 Llygad yr Haul” is on Lon Bulkeley at https://map.what3words.com/youthful.exhale.stiffly ; have a look at the Google Street View.

2 Likes

Also, what’s the back-story with Dani and Sophie not getting on with each other?

I don’t think I remember that – perhaps it was from before I started watching or I’m just forgetful?

Lost in the mists of soap-land history…

I laughed out loud when I read that :slight_smile:

I just LOVE Google street view! So much fun!

1 Like

Sophie used to run the salon but got the push then Dani’s dad gave the shop to Dani to run. Some other stuff too but lots of niggles over the years.

2 Likes

And Dani was working in the salon when Sophie was in charge, and initially, Dani was a lowly apprentice who wasn’t even allowed to do people’s hair at first. She had to be content with doing nails. Sophie treated her quite badly really.

There was also a brief episode when Sophie was making a play for Wyn (probably after Wyn and Cathrin broke up). ISTR that Sophie did briefly become a fixture Tŷ Wyn, but it didn’t last long.

(Wyn’s love life has always seemed to be something of a movable feast).

2 Likes

I’ve had my suspicions about her from the beginning especially with her behavior towards her purse and how she got it. I think she’s using him somehow for money. Pocketing an extra £300 without any shame. She also seemed a bit too eager to inconvenience Meical and Michelle by insisting they watch the tv show over there.

She puts on a good front of being this devoted, polite, person (baking cakes, buying things, etc) but I’m not buying it. I hope Mr. Loyd doesn’t get hurt, he’s so sweet. I think he’s a bit fooled by love.

3 Likes

I do, too! And so useful for planning a trip as well!

I felt a lot more confident on my trip to Wales because I had seen most of the streets before, so I could find my way around a lot better.

Ah thanks!

I wonder how she works now. I’ve never heard of a hairdresser who does house calls, which is what I have the impression she does.

Ah I see, thanks. The two have quite the history then it seems.

She’s also really good at judging what Mr Lloyd’s reactions to her polite refusals will be.

I hope so, too!

Let’s see how all the drama on the show will play out.

Also, any bets on what the breathalyzer results of that little stop will be? I would hope that after a night’s sleep, Llio’d be fine in that respect, though I’m sure the episode didn’t earn her any more respect from her students.

I also found it particularly poignant that in the shot just after Llio was called in to Jim 'Gym’s office, one could a sheet on the pinboard reading, ‘gosod esiampl i’r disgyblion iau bob amser’ (or something like that) – be a good example to younger students at all times.

Looks like she got off with a warning this time; I’m glad for her for that.

1 Like

There are a lot of “mobile beauty technicians” in and around Wrexham, perfect for the elderly, infirm, lazy, etc.

They are not the only profession to do house calls either, if you get me. :blush:

I stand corrected!

1 Like

I only know because there was a lady that turned up once a week on our street carrying a “tool box” into a house and coming out again about an hour later, I was intrigued. Well, I had to ask. Hair, nails and general plastering is what I can gather. :blush:

1 Like

Incidentally, I believe the town where RaR is set is called Glanrafon.

This seems to be from glan yr afon “the bank of the river”, so the town is essentially called Riverbank.

Where to start? On Gower, my hairdresser came to me. She did eventually also have a part-time salon at a holiday village which I could go to if our timings wouldn’t work, but 99% of the time she house-called. An American visitor, hearing a mention, exclaimed, “Your beautician makes house calls?” “She’s a hairdresser.” I said. But it was clear that Heather’s coming to the villages made the first good impression anything British had made on that particular Californian! Here in a village of mid-Argyll, Yr Alban, guess what? My hairdresser, Morven, makes house calls! In neither case is it for the old and infirm alone. Morven doesn’t even have a salon. It is a way of doing business in rural areas!
Poor Mr. LLoyd is a gentleman, He cannot conceive of a nice respectable lady cheating him out of money. He is the sort of man who gets conned out of thousands if he gets on the internet and trolls find him, or on the 'phone, with these rip-off calls!
oh and Diolch @gruntius for explaining about how Dani got the salon. Maybe Sophie was a bitch of a boss, but I can imagine Dani basking in the power Daddy had conferred upon her, the first taste of which would be to make Sophie squirm muchly!!

2 Likes

My “old, infirm or lazy” statement was wholly tongue in cheek, honest. :blush:

Indeed, Sophie was indeed a terrible boss, particularly with Dani, and, you are right, Dani relishes any misfortune Sophie comes across. I think the tables will turn soon, even if not a full 180.

2 Likes

Home visiting hairdressers are quite usual actually, My elderly Mum uses one, but then so do my son and daughter-in-law, and she was recommended to them by friends.

As for the revelations about Mr Lloyd’s lady love, well, I’m shocked; shocked is what I rêli am.
I must be as gullible as Mr Lloyd because I thought she was just a sweet old lady who doted on him.

Mind you, the scriptwriters sometimes play games with us: remember when it looked like the younger folk were going to play a cruel game on him, when it turned out they were just fixing the chapel roof (I think it was) for him, all for free. (or was it his own shed roof…can’t quite remember now, but anyway, it was a genuinely kind gesture).

Edit: I remember: they’d sold some stuff on Ebay for him, and it looked like they might keep the money, but instead, they used it on materials to fix the roof, something he’d wanted to get done, but was worried about the expense.

2 Likes