Rownd a Rownd

Although I love the programme, it’s hard enough to keep up with who’s related to whom, who used to be married to whom, and who fathered whom, let alone keep up with the music. I think the music’s great though, and they cleverly relate the lyrics to whatever is happening in the story (though I usually need subtitles to spot it).

Ok, I’ve managed to find out by going straight to the horse’s mouth. Turns out it’s a band called After An Alibi and the song was ‘Colli Ffrindia’. Just thought I’d say. As you were.

1 Like

In a recent episode, “Taid Ron” treats Kylie and Britney to cream cakes at a café which is not the regular RaR café. We see a view of it from the street, and then from inside.

Does anyone know if this is a real café in Menai Bridge?
It should be fairly recognisable if so, for anyone with local knowledge.

(And any bets on what Ron is up to? He’s definitely up to something).

EDIT: After some detective work (assisted by Mycroft Google, nerdier brother of Sherlock), I think it may be the “Orient Espresso” in Bangor (364 High Street).

Semi-spoiler for Episodes 28.4.2015 and 30.4.205

Well, we (sort of) know more about “Taid Ron” now.
The relevant action was supposed to be taking place in Llangefni, Ynys Mon, and it said “Penrallt” on the bus stop, which does indeed appear to be part of Llangefni.
Does anyone know that area, and can confirm it really was shot in Llangefni?

Referring to the local bus time tables I think not. The bus stop showed that the 53, 57 and 58 are Eifion buses. But these buses are on the Beaumaris, Menai Bridge, Bangor route. Here’s the Ynys Môn local timetable.
http://www.anglesey.gov.uk/transport-and-roads/public-transport/bus-or-coach/local-bus-timetables?tab=downloads

1 Like

Glad to see it’s back next week (Tues 15 Sept 2015). From the schedule, looks like they repeated 2 episodes today, but they are not on Clic (and worryingly it says only English subtitles…I hope that’s not a portent of things to come! :worried: (It’s bad enough that they don’t have them on iPlayer, even for programmes that have them on S4C…).

Anyway, on the programme website, there is a quiz: “Which character are you?”.

You are given a series of favourite things, like which music in the car, where would you go for a night out, etc, and based on your choices, a bit of magic calculates which character you are closest to…
…turns out I am Philip!

…I think I feel slightly ill…

:smile:

(Looks like there will be a new character, from the photo on the programme website).
(unless it’s Jason, back with a beard)

Check out the 2 Fideos Nadolig 2015:

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd

(btw, I took that quiz again…and turned out to be Dani!).

Got an e-mail from S4C this morning saying that as of 29th December Rownd a Rownd will be available online globally! Very good. If I had holidays this year I would have as big a binge watch as I could.

3 Likes

That’s good news!

Well, at the moment, there are 10 episodes available to watch. There are two episodes per week, so that’s 5 week’s worth. Hopefully international viewers will have access to the same number of episodes as UK viewers after that date, but I suppose it depends on exactly how they implement it.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this - I’m looking forward to the 29th!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, guys, I’m officially a Rownd a Rownd fan! Had a bit of a binge watch and I am starting to understand who’s who. Thankfully there is a character list on the show’s website :slight_smile: I find the dialog to be very fast but with the English subtitles on I am understanding some of the Welsh. Now that I know what is going on, I want to go back and watch an episode with the Welsh subtitles on.

I can hear the Northern “flavor”…since I am learning Southern, I am really wanting Pobol y Cwm even more now!

I’ve also started watching Dim Ond Y Gwir…unfortunately I’ve come in in the middle, but I am enjoying that, too!

3 Likes

[voice=Humphrey Bogart]Stick with Rownd a Rownd kid, and you’ll be all right. :-)[/Voice]

Great to meet a fellow fan! There is a RaR thread somewhere in this forum and we can compare notes.

The end of year (2015) edition was a bit of a shock for long-time watchers (but I’m not going to mention details here). RaR is now available internationally (good thing) partly to celebrate its 25th(?) anniversary. I think it means a complete change of direction from what it used to be…a series for teenagers, and now it’s become pretty much a complete adult series. C’est la vie I suppose. It’s still great, so please keep watching.

2 Likes

Thanks, Mike! I’m sure I’ll keep watching :slight_smile:

Not sure what the shock was, since I’m a brand new watcher, but let’s just say it didn’t start out slowly! (The first episode available to the international audience was 29 December 2015).

1 Like

I’ve just caught up with this week’s episodes and spotted who I think is the lady from “Dwylo’r Enfys” as the receptionist in the hospital when Barri goes for his scan.

2 Likes

Useless fact alert … I found out recently that the actors that play Dyfan and his dad Arwel when they were on are the same two that do the voices for Hiccup and Stoic, also father and son, in Dreigiau, the welsh “How to train your dragon”. Cyd-ddigwyddiad? Efallai.

2 Likes

I know Dyfan and his (awful) dad but Im afraid I dont know the other series you mention.

In other news,I heard that the lovely Ffion Davis (Alwenna) is birthday guest on the next “Ar fore Sul” on Radio Cymru next Sunday am…

I hadnt realised she is also in the new drama about the assembly. Not caught up with it yet.

There is a thread for comments. I am a political animal, but I do wish politicians weren’t as portrayed!! Unfortunately, too many are!!!

I am sure that a lot of them start off with the best of intentions , but then find that they can’t fight the system.

The interview with Ffion Davis starts some time after the break for news which as at 30 minutes in.

It sounds as though she may have left Rownd a Rownd completely.

Edit: Wps, sori: Ffion Dafis.

More about her:

This is from 2009, but I had not seen before: guided tour of the set:

part 2: