Rownd a Rownd

I would have liked to get some more RaR celebs but they were too involved in other stuff when I saw them. Maybe next year.

P.S. sorry about my mug being in the photos.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve just watched Leisa in the Dialogue with another lass. I was trying to answer e-mail at the same time, so shall watch again later. Piece by Saunders Lewis about when William le Breos was hanged in Brecon, in effect, for getting off with Siwan, wife of Llywelyn Fawr. The dialogue was between Siwan, chained in prison in Brecon and her servant, played by Leisa. I donā€™t know the full story. I got the idea that Leisaā€™s part may have been somewhat fond of William, who, to me, was always a baddieā€™! It seemed a very well acted piece to me. All the little playlets are different and the others have more actors. How the judges can choose beats me!
p.s. mention was made of the Open Afternoon on the R&R set today!

They WON! Leisa Gwenllian a Lois Medi won the Deialog at the Eisteddfod! Thatā€™s 4 wins for Kylie so far this week!

2 Likes

@mikeellwood Last nightā€™s highlights of the Eisteddfod programme at 11.00 p.m. had a tiny interview with Leisa about 27+ minutes in after showing the three finalists in Deialog. She only says about three words - how she has never been on stage so much as at this Eisteddfod and enjoyed every minute, but she seems a genuinely nice girl as well as being such a talented actress!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure she is.

It occurred to me (apropos a theme that was touched on a while back in the forum), that as ā€œGwenllianā€ is a girlā€™s forename usually, that she really might be (e.g.) Leisa Gwenllian Jones (or other typical Welsh surname).

1 Like

Very likely! I saw a little of a charity auction today - no mention of R&R, and the Open Afternoon got mentioned yesterday, but Iā€™ve seen nothing about it on TV . Did anyone go to either or both? Any pictures? @siaronjames do you know if anyone was filming?

Sorry, I donā€™t know @henddraig - itā€™s one of Rondo Mediaā€™s productions, so Iā€™d only get to hear on the offchance - and Iā€™m off work this week, so the offchance is even smaller!

Leisaā€™s had a marvellous Eisteddfod. She was also in the Glanaethwy Hyn choir that won twice, and sheā€™s won two individual 1st places. Gwenllian is indeed her middle name @mikeellwood - and her younger brother is Tomi Llewelyn (whoā€™s also been competing)ā€¦ I work with their mum! :wink:

2 Likes

Please pass on huge Llongyfarchiadau

to her to pass on to her daughter!

1 Like

will do!

2 Likes

@mikeellwood and other admirers of Ffion, did you see ā€˜Alwennaā€™ on the Eisteddfod stage last night announcing Richard Burton Award results?

1 Like

I saw Ffion twice on the Maes on Monday but unfortunately both times she was talking to other people so I didnā€™t want to disturb her for a photo.

2 Likes

Manon Elis (Michelle) on S4C this afternoon, being interviewed at the Eisteddfod about the Llwyd oā€™r Bryn Memorial Prize, which she won 21 years ago! For actors under 21 in age!

1 Like

Heddiw, byddwn yn cael cip ar gartref yr actores Angharad Llwyd (Sophie yn Rownd a Rownd). This week weā€™ll be visiting the home of actress Angharad Llwyd (Sophie in Rownd a Rownd).

1 Like

Diolch, Mike! I had not noticed this on the listings!

next Thursday, R&R is on - I think a repeat of the last episode of last season. If Iā€™m right, new episodes should begin on Tuesday 12th

3 Likes

Diolch @henddraig . Iā€™ve been trying not to wish summer away, but I have been looking forward to it restarting.

1 Like

Only just got round to watching this myself actually. It was a lovely little programme wasnā€™t it?
Iā€™m glad we established beforehand that Sophieā€™s daughter in the series is played by Angharadā€™s daughter in real life.

Goodness, what a lovely house and a lovely location!

I tried to watch last Thursdayā€™s episode via iPlayer on my smart TV, but it would not let me.
Iā€™ll see if I can via Clic. I know itā€™s a repeat of the last episode in the last series.
Iā€™m torn between not wanting to watch Mr Lloyd suffer, and wanting to watch the great acting by both actors who play Mr Lloyd and Megan.

And when the next series starts, how will Mr Lloyd be? Not a broken man, I hope.
Iā€™m sure that his friends at least will not let him be lonely.

(Of course, we could find him carrying on with a 20-year-old! :slight_smile: )

Edit: Not there via Clic, either.

Hey, ho. Licensing matters, no doubt.

Edit2: As was mentioned on the programme, Bethesda (Gwynedd) is a very Welsh-speaking area.
A good place for SSiW learners to head for, I would have thought. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always wondered why there are so many Bethesda chapels, but also an actual place called Bethesda! Now I know! The very first (and very patient) lady who helped me learn a few words was from Bethesda, and I always think of her when I see a Bethesda chapel. :blush:

1 Like

The large number of places in Wales with Biblical names, like Bethesda, Bethlehem, Bethel etc, makes the foolishness of the Blue Books really clear!

1 Like

I know far less about the history of chapels and chapel life than I should, but as I recall The Blue Books was a completely biased assault on the education system? Iā€™m assuming that the proliferation of Non-conformist Chapels was on a good roll by this time (and education through Sunday School in Welsh was well established too?).
Finished before I meant to! The thing I love about the things on this forum is that it leads to find out SO much more (about things I feel I should know). Thank you @henddraig! :slight_smile: