Rownd a Rownd

Yes, but I do not approve of violence, so would settle for giving her a piece of my mind! (Which, from an old dragon is quite a nasty experience in itself!)

2 Likes

Kay’s nastiness towards Lowri is another reason why she, Kelvan, and the kids need to move out. I imagine she’s like that frequently but Ken and Kelvan are there to help diffuse situations. With Kelv gone for the foreseeable future and his lack of income I doubt it is possible to move. I have a feeling that they have any savings.

Is Mr. Lloyd’s house still for sale? Not sure of the price but it would be a good option. Enough space and it’s been well maintained.

I know the Walsh family is under a lot of stress and worry St the moment. Kay seems to be taking this to another level. Has she ever liked Lowri?

1 Like

Hm, and what about Michelle? She seems a bit trying and hunanol at times as well, as when she embarked on some home improvement by herself…

I find myself frustrated by her occasionally.

1 Like

Only occasionally??

3 Likes

I didn’t want to come on here until I’d caught up with the latest episode and I’m glad I did. Sorry to hear about the death of actress Iola Gregory (nain) and it was nice to see her in this episode (slightly tipsy on her third sherry according to Dani and already pouring her fourth :smile: ). I wonder how many episodes they still have to show with her in and I wonder how and whether they will write it into the script. It would be nice to see them give her a special send off.

1 Like

Oh! Had not heard about that. Trist iawn. :frowning:

1 Like

I was trying to be charitable!

1 Like

And I was trying to be funny! :wink: Ah well… the best laid plans of mice and old dragons… :smile:

2 Likes

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T
Well, come-upance comes! It was lovely to see Arthur’s face! Unfortunately, Cathryn has lumbered Wyn! Did she leave a bag of the child’s stuff? Does Wyn keep one?
Watching Cathryn trying to worm her way out of her situation was classic! I have known one like her and it was always eeryone’s fault but hers!

To Vince: “You’re the only one I want to be with! Iolo was just a stupid mistake!”

To Iolo: “Well, I’m not with Vince any more… what’s stopping, you know, ‘you and me’?”

Also, I wonder how they got Siwan to look so tearful at the end. I hope that she’s simply a good actor and that they didn’t have to resort to something like stealing her puppy.

(I’ve read about some cruel things people in films used to do in past decades to get child actors to look appropriately tearful.)

And her Mam? Flits off to find fun elsewhere leaving Wyn, with whom I am not used to sympathising, literally holding the ‘baby’ and … what of the business? Is Iolo in charge? Nobody seems to have told him and none of the locals will want to darken the door just now! Somehow I can’t see Wyn serving the food! Who cooks there in the evenings? Chaos!!

1 Like

Let’s not forget about Erin, who has no shame (and probably no sense of shame). I think she’d jump at the chance to “run” Copa (into the ground, probably).

Oh yes!

Goodness, hasn’t Siwan grown? When I started watching, I think she was about as old/small as Mia.

I didn’t quite follow what Vince was saying about Owain and Mair (maybe that he had nowhere to take them when he was responsible for them, when not in his own house). Except that we’ve never been too sure of the domestic arrangements with Vince and Cathryn, once Barry and Cerys took over Vince’s old house. I’d assumed that Vince and Cathryn had got a place together (i.e. sharing the cost, whether rented or bought), and so I’d assumed they’d each have equal right to it. But it seems Vince has the “right” to kick her out. Not sure how legal that is, even if they are not married or civil partners, especially as she is a mother of a young child. (As I said once before, Glanrafon needs to add a lawyer to its regular occupations! (Faith? (Evan??) - warning - drama crossover alert! :slight_smile: )).

I’ve also been wondering whether Copa has a flat above it, and if not, why not. After all the shop has one, as does Tŷ Pizza. If it had one, that would have been the obvious place for Cathryn to escape to.

1 Like

I think Cathryn mentioned something about “but we both rent the place together” which matches what I had remembered (i.e. that they had been looking for a place to rent).

Perhaps that might not be a legal right but Cathryn feels that he has the moral right – Wyn told her to stay put but she said she (felt that) she had no choice but to move out (with Siwan) – “You didn’t see how determined and angry he was when he told me to”.

In German they say, Recht haben und Recht bekommen sind zwei verschiedene Paar Schuhe – to be in the right and to receive justice are two different things. Perhaps even if there were a regular lawyer, the process of asserting/enforcing her rights might seem arduous enough that she might have preferred to just leave, at least for a while. (After all, who knows but what words said in anger might mean something else once a couple of days have passed?)

There is at least one solicitor nearby (whom Philip visited to handle the divorce papers), but I don’t think we’ve ever met/seen him or her.

Speaking of meeting someone, has Beth Biol, Llio’s potential future housemate, ever made an appearance before?

I’d like to know that too. There was a hint that we should know more somehow. Is she gay by any chance?
I don’t think Cathryn is one for making any effort if she can palm it off on someone else! Wyn has Siwan, but she would have been perfectly happy to palm her off on to Vince if she could!

You think? Then why didn’t she just leave Siwan behind when she moved out? After all, Vince had only told her to move out.

I was thinking that while Vince might not have any compunction about putting Cathryn “out on the street”, he might surely hesitate from doing the same to Siwan. And also, given that he’s been living with Cathryn for some time now, he would surely have established some sort of bond with her, and be a sort of father-figure. Granted that Wyn is technically her father, but given that he’s a full-time wheeler-dealer, I don’t see him as a “hands-on Dad” exactly, which Vince actually is. (With Wyn just being a “baby-sitter Dad” when he absolutely has to).

On the other hand (have we run out of hands yet…?), Vince correctly guessed that “Uncle Wyn” would have to come to the rescue, and ensure that Siwan at least, would not be homeless.

BTW, when Cathryn and Wyn were still living together (I don’t know if they were married, but they were definitely a couple at one time), Cathryn was trying to study for a degree part-time (presumably at Prifysgol Bangor). She was having all sorts of difficulties fitting it in with childcare, and Wyn eventually employed a “nanny”, who turned out to be a chap (rather a good-looking young chap, if I remember correctly). A slightly unusual situation, and I’m sure Wyn got jealous, although I don’t think there was anything actually “going on” between the “nanny” and Cathryn, but there was probably a bit of “electricity” between them. I can’t remember how it ended, but eventually the nanny had to go, and Cathryn pulled out of her degree course. I found that aspect of the story disappointing - seeming to give out the message that it’s impossible for a mother of a young child to continue her education.

(Although to be fair, much later, we saw young Harri go off to Durham university with a baby in tow - but she had a supportive boyfriend (sort of) in Dyfan, along with her).

2 Likes

Did Cathryn really try? Has she lost heart and given up putting effort into anything because she lost her chance of qualification? If so, I suddenly feel a lot more sympathetic, but it is a shame back stories like that don’t get mentioned for the benefit of newer viewers like me!

1 Like

I can’t quite remember all the details now, but I think she got a lot of discouragement, perhaps from people who thought she was “getting a bit above herself”. (We know that Michelle thinks she is a snob, for example).

There are sometimes cryptic references to some old stories. You may remember Vince slyly mentioning the name “Julie” to Arthur, when Arthur was criticising Iolo and Cathryn to Vince. Julie was Arthur’s “bit on the side” in a fairly long running story with a dramatic ending. That was all going on when I started watching.

And apparently, Julie had been Vince’s partner or maybe wife at some time (before my time), and Callum (if you remember him) was their (fairly grown-up) son (he was a uni student). There was a complicated back story, only some of which I picked up. We no longer hear anything about Callum.

3 Likes

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Two` of a kind, Cathryn a Wyn, oh and Arthur! All lumbering others with their responsibility as fast as they could!
Lowri needs to control her temper! Saying exactly what she should not say was hardly good parenting. Oh,one good thing about Wyn, loving Dad!

1 Like

Funny how “Oh darling, you don’t look at all well. Go back to bed while I make you a nice hot cup of tea” can sound like “And what am I supposed to do now? I need someone to carry my stuff!” in a North Wales accent…

3 Likes